RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open source XNA Ultima Online client

Sythen

Sorceror
So Far - Just Awesome!

I have one question though...

I noticed that the container GUI looks similar to WoW or KR... can you also leave an option that allows players to keep the current uo style container gumps from the 2d version?

Thilgon

Sorceror
Jeff;803681 said:
All these suggestions would require modification to the server as well. I would suggest getting everything working the way it currently work, then leave it open for the ability to change those ways later. It would suck to not be able to use the client because you needed RunUO core/script changes just to use it.

Yeah i know, but poplicola has already stated his intention to make the client the most customizable it can do it...
I don't see anything really bad in a RunUO "addon" (like Malganis ML is) that can make this client work better than the average OSI client...
Anyway, i'm not saying to do these things NOW, and make it start like that... But, beeing able to use it both ways, well, that is revolution :)

RadstaR

Sorceror
One stupid Question :)
What i need to compile sources ? I can't open project in VS C# 2008 (i have NET 3.5 and XNA 3.0 installed).

EXE in old SVN do not works in Vista x64

Smjert

Sorceror
RadstaR;803695 said:
One stupid Question :)
What i need to compile sources ? I can't open project in VS C# 2008 (i have NET 3.5 and XNA 3.0 installed).

EXE in old SVN do not works in Vista x64

Why you can't?
I mean, which error gives.

Poplicola

Sorceror
As with runuo, much of this client will be scriptable. I imagine that the GUI will be one subsystem which is entirely user-editable. There may be a GUI set which is closer to the legacy client ui, or someone could create one and offer it as a download.

You will be able to override the default containerframe class.

Servers may also be able to mandate that the client download and use novel interface pieces, perhaps to expose a new server feature or to create a 100% legacy experience.

Sythen;803683 said:
I have one question though...

I noticed that the container GUI looks similar to WoW or KR... can you also leave an option that allows players to keep the current uo style container gumps from the 2d version?

RadstaR

Sorceror
Smjert: i have only VS C# 2008 Express Edition and i get this message:
The project type is not supported by this instalation.

Halciet

Sorceror
Regarding the layer draw in r31: Are we sure that helms are drawn last? I ask because of things like hooded robes. If helms are drawn after the robes, wouldn't they appear outside of the hood?

Just checking on that. I always thought that the layer used by robes was drawn last.

I'll get back to work on ClientConfig.cs tonight, and move the movementButton and actionButton definitions out to it as mentioned in the commentary.

Poplicola

Sorceror
The layer order might be different depending on the direction the client is facing. Not entirely sure about this.

Halciet;803752 said:
Regarding the layer draw in r31: Are we sure that helms are drawn last? I ask because of things like hooded robes. If helms are drawn after the robes, wouldn't they appear outside of the hood?

Just checking on that. I always thought that the layer used by robes was drawn last.

I'll get back to work on ClientConfig.cs tonight, and move the movementButton and actionButton definitions out to it as mentioned in the commentary.

Ocelot

Sorceror
Halciet;803752 said:

I think the client don't draw the helms when you have a hooded robe equiped.

Thilgon

Sorceror
right, it doesn't.
there's a file called stitchin.def that seems to hold all the variable about wearables (what it covers, what it is covered by, what to remove, etc.... it's an homoungous quantity of informations °_°), but i haven't been able to make it work for customs...
seems it doesn't matter if it gets changed (i tried to make a "skin" appear under everything else except the body itself, did not work)... probably, the .exe reads that file only one time, as it is compiled by the updater (can't find any other reason)...

being able to work on that file, one could play with layers and cloths to his heart desires...

Poplicola

Sorceror
Smjert, Halicon, and I have added a bunch of new features in the past few days. I've just uploaded fixes that allow you to buy items from Vendors. I've attached a picture with my latest update: you can now buy items from merchants!

Other updates:
You can now move items around in your inventory.
Fixed huffman decompression so that you can stay logged in indefinitely (or until you receive a packet that the client doesn't handle).
Basic support for handling player death and ressurection. (thanks sgorman07 for submitting this issue!)
Mobiles now have names - you can view them by mousing over them (it show up in the debug message, maybe support for showing names overhead soon?)
You can now mount/dismount horses and other mounts (mounted animations too slow as of yet).
Merchant frames! You can now buy items from a merchant via the merchant frame. :)

You can follow the daily code updates at the google code website: ultimaxna - Google Code

Attachments

• Capt.jpg
    Capt.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 690

Poplicola

Sorceror
okaygo was just testing some mass spawns on his server. The client is darn solid, even when presented with a screen full of NPCs.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 302

Wanderer
Poplicola;804330 said:
okaygo was just testing some mass spawns on his server. The client is darn solid, even when presented with a screen full of NPCs.

Nice job mang.

Hyru-hybrid

Wanderer
It'll be interesting to see how this project develops. I think an open source .NET-driven UO client is long overdue. XNA is a great platform and I can vouch that Jeff's XNA skills have vastly improved over the past 6 months. :p

Poplicola

Sorceror
As of r60, posted today, the client supports local chat (although not overhead text yet - that will wait for another day's toil.

Attached is a comparison shot, with the current revision of UltimaXNA on the left, and the legacy client on the right. UltimaXNA's terrain shading is excellent and compares very favorably with the legacy client's graphics; Jeff designed the terrain shader.

Attachments

• Comparison.jpg
    Comparison.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 286