RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open source XNA Ultima Online client

Poplicola

Sorceror
Thanks Xandor, kalo, and 405. Features are being added on a daily basis, and the client is solid and easy to modify once you get to know the code. I'm trying to add more comments as I review code to make it more understandable.

Today, I added targeting, which you can test by logging in as a GM and using the command [tele or [props.

Since you can now chat, you can also send commands to the server. So I took advantage of [go to go sight seeing. I've attached the results. Wish you were here.

I've also updated the status frame, and I've attached a close up of the new graphics.

Attachments

• AroundBrit.jpg
    AroundBrit.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 317
  • NewStatusFrame.jpg
    NewStatusFrame.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 169

Xandor

Sorceror
It's looking really promising which is great since an open source C# based client could breath some new life into UO and RunUO. It will make it be possible to do away with some of the standard OSI interface limitations and hard coded map sizes. :D I look forward to seeing how it comes along in future updates. Great work!

Wanderer
Poplicola;804473 said:
Thanks Xandor, kalo, and 405. Features are being added on a daily basis, and the client is solid and easy to modify once you get to know the code. I'm trying to add more comments as I review code to make it more understandable.

Today, I added targeting, which you can test by logging in as a GM and using the command [tele or [props.

Since you can now chat, you can also send commands to the server. So I took advantage of [go to go sight seeing. I've attached the results. Wish you were here.

I've also updated the status frame, and I've attached a close up of the new graphics.

What I want to see is multiple clients within one client. Multi clienting is the future of UO. The ability for one player to easily play multiple players at one time is basically what players would enjoy to have.

Jeff

Lord
405;804481 said:
What I want to see is multiple clients within one client. Multi clienting is the future of UO. The ability for one player to easily play multiple players at one time is basically what players would enjoy to have.

It's what the future of cheating in UO is...

Sythen

Sorceror
I Used To Always Multi-Client On The EA Servers

I'd use UO Assist for the main client and then EasyUO to multiclient to bring up several of my characters at once. The GM's never once said anything to me and I was open about it.

405;804481 said:

Glad you can speak for all UO players.

Great work. I am very impressed.

Though this does raise the question: how much of an issue will this client raise in regards to cheating? You've basically created a framework client, and anyone with enough basic knowledge of C# could create the ultimate bot. But not to discourage you, keep up the good work!

Chase.XNA

Sorceror
TheOutkastDev;804605 said:

Though this does raise the question: how much of an issue will this client raise in regards to cheating? You've basically created a framework client, and anyone with enough basic knowledge of C# could create the ultimate bot. But not to discourage you, keep up the good work!
The framework to create the ultimate uo bot and other cheats has been around for awhile, I know I've had the ability to do pretty much whatever I want with the UO client using direct access to the packet stream for quite a few years now.

Yeah, people have been cheating at UO since its inception. And this client doesn't make it revolutionarily easier, anyway. IRW, Assist, Injection, Razor, Krrios' Client, UOAI, EasyUO, Iris, and dozens of similar programs have provided plenty of room for would-be cheaters to flex their programming skills.

Trust me: those that have the ability to write the complex megacheats some are so fearful of already know how to and do cheat at this game. This client doesn't open any new doors in that department. It does, however, prove a shining example of the merits of open-source. This client has developed incredibly rapidly and will prove a useful asset to the UO community for years to come.

Xandor

Sorceror
Suil Ban;804609 said:
This client has developed incredibly rapidly and will prove a useful asset to the UO community for years to come.

I agree. An open source client written with a fun language and framework (C# and XNA) will provide a great way for people to learn about coding games, a way for us to add some new features to the UO client for custom RunUo servers. I am enjoying see how far it already has come along in such a short time.

Keep up the great work guys! :)

Chase.XNA;804606 said:
The framework to create the ultimate uo bot and other cheats has been around for awhile, I know I've had the ability to do pretty much whatever I want with the UO client using direct access to the packet stream for quite a few years now.

I think you missed my point. Really my concern stems from ease of use. It's much easier to take something like a open source C# client, and manipulate it into a cheat tool than it is for someone to use DLL injection or reading client memory to perform those kinds of actions.

TheOutkastDev;804676 said:
I think you missed my point. Really my concern stems from ease of use. It's much easier to take something like a open source C# client, and manipulate it into a cheat tool than it is for someone to use DLL injection or reading client memory to perform those kinds of actions.

Krrios' Client, while not open-source, basically serves this purpose already.

okaygo

Wanderer
No offense, but there is cheating in every MMORPG. If Admins of servers cared more about cheating, then they would have better detection for easier to spot cheats, and not take lightly to other things they considered a cheat. This has always been the job of a GM on an MMORPG. This client wont make a big difference, but might replace PlayUO for a few people...

Poplicola

Sorceror
r65 is up, with paper doll support and GUI bugs fixed. Been busy the past few days, but I still spend an hour or two coding a day.

Attachments

• PaperDoll.jpg
    PaperDoll.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 287

rabiddog

Wanderer
Congratulations on the work so far guys, and fair play to everyone for getting behind it and contributing.

Perhaps, to stop this thread getting bloated, we should keep this thread to progress announcements and asset (code, arts etc) contribution and have another thread for suggestions and discussion of the merits of this (and other) opensource client(s)?

I'll certainly taking a look at the code and seeing where I can contribute. Thanks again. :)

Wanderer
TheOutkastDev;804605 said:

Cheating doesn't really exist. Automated healing, fighting, and whatever is just normal now. I have not played with a player in years who does not use them (I played on UOGamers) and I'm guessing its the norm across other shards. I'm more then willing to help any player out who does not have access to these things.

Anti-Basic;804532 said:
Glad you can speak for all UO players.

Yes.

SiENcE

Sorceror
@TheOutkastDev: You can only prevent cheating with serverside rules. It's been discussed since years and the solution is, to add more checks to the server. You can't prevent it, by coding a closed source client.
Because of the original closed source client we have today tools like uoinjection, razor, easyuo uobots aso.

If you wanna make it good, it's all a serverthing.