RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Open source XNA Ultima Online client

Jeff

Lord
Suwing;809112 said:
Hello,

Ok, there is a .zip or something with compiled files ?

I don't know how to compile :-/

Thanks =)

No there isn't, and probably wont be for some time.

Fixxxer

Sorceror
I have been following this project for awhile, and I just wanted to say that it is coming along really well, very impressed from what I have seen so far.

Jeff

Lord
The recent updates were from me, Pop has been busy irl with some shit, but he definately hasnt given up on this.. I've been working hard on my branch to get GUI stuff working.

Chase.XNA

Sorceror
I'm working on a spiffy new renderer, mainly been researching the best way to go about it so progress is slow. I'd like to think I'm almost done with the research part but who knows. I get easily distracted =]

kalo

Sorceror
A NEW renderer! What was wrong with the other new renderer? :confused: :p

Keep up the good work mate. It's great watching this progress.. Looking forward to more updates.

Chase.XNA

Sorceror
kalo;810582 said:
A NEW renderer! What was wrong with the other new renderer? :confused: :p

Keep up the good work mate. It's great watching this progress.. Looking forward to more updates.
It could be faster and more efficient as well as more developer friendly, better object sorting so everything gets drawn right (I hope), ect.

jokerwader

Wanderer
Try to make r own forum where ppl can talk about UOXNA, couse this project seems to be good.
Once u create it im sure more ppl will come.

rabiddog

Wanderer
I'm working on the site. Just been delayed due to being busy myself at the moment.

To be honest there's not that much to discuss until a lot of this groundwork (networking, rendering and GUI) is done.

Our goal with the first public release is to have full legacy functionality. That means, at least from an end user perspective, it'll behave just like standard 2D UO.

The reason for that is not just to have another legacy client, it's to ensure that we have a solid (fast and stable) base for ourselves and others to build on. It will be of course is open source and modular (as possible), meaning that anyone can take that base and build whatever they want using it.

jokerwader

Wanderer
Ofcourse is best way to base XNA on Ultima and use RunUO or POL emulators to run it, both have really big potencial.
Other thing is till u doing it OS many ppl will be able to base their own games using r client.

Its possible to use some other Graphic Engines?