RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Page In Queue

Tintamar

Sorceror
Page In Queue [2.0 & 1.0]

RunUO 2.0
Updated
June 17 2006

Description:
I was testing my GM's the other night. Testing their response time on a page I put in queue. Sadly it wasnt good. When a player pages for a GM it sends a message ONE time saying there is a page in queue. They never noticed there was a page in queue so I decided to fix this little problem so they will know there is a page.

This is a very simple edit nothing real big but GM's will beable to see when a page is in queue a lot better. What it does insted of sending a message one time saying theres a page in queue it will send a gump to their screen letting them know. CANT MISS THAT :p Since this has been added in response time is a lot better. So Im going to share this simple script with everyone.

Update:
06/17/06
RunUO 2.0 Updated version
Directions for installation remains the same.
Edits in the modified scripts are commented like before.

Update:
03/16/06
Added in Alari's Edits.
When staff member logs in it will automatically show you any pages in queue.
If a player logs out with a page in queue the page wont be removed so you can see what they paged for.

Update:
01/12/06
Newer gump that will display the time last page was placed in queue.
Wont send multiple gumps to your screen if more then one person pages.

Installation:
Replace PageQueue.cs (Scripts\Engines\Help)
Replace PageQueueGump.cs (Scripts\Engines\Help)
Replace LoginStats.cs (Scripts\Misc)
Drop TintsPageQueue.cs in custom folder

If any of your files listed above are already edited, I have marked all spots clearly that I have changed.

TintsPageInQueue316 (RunUO 1.0)
TintsPageInQueue_RunUO2.0 (RunUO 2.0)

Attachments

• ScreenShot.jpg
    ScreenShot.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 891
  • TintsPageInQueue316.zip
    8.5 KB · Views: 311
  • TintsPageInQueue_RunUO2.0.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 452

Darkness_PR

Wanderer
awasome dood that should help a lot for gm that logged in and went afk and didn;t know they had a page thankls for sharing

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Very useful, will definitly be using it as I don't watch my screen 24/7.
(Well that's a lie, I just don't watch my UO screen 24/7)

Some suggestions tho to improve it's functionality.

Rather then saying "There is a page in the queue" perhaps make it say:
"a new page has been placed in the queue"
"Time of paging: timestamp"
(timestamp on current local time of the person who get's the gump, not of the time of the server or the person who sent it, otherwise it works counter-productive)

Or something similair, in more correct english as well. (I am tired ;-) )
That way if you return to the UO Screen to see such a gump, you can quickly see if it's recent or not. Just a suggestion tho, personally I think it would be useful.

Lord Neo

Sorceror
Nice Job

This is a useful and helpful script for any shard in the runuo community. Rated the script and left Tintamar Positive Reputation for a job well done. :) :p

Cerberus

Wanderer
This is a great idea and i downloaded and installed it on my test server right away. It works perfectly but the only drawback i get is this error message when anyone pages staff..

Code:
Warning:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an obj
ect.
   at System.Net.OSSOCK.WSAGetOverlappedResult(IntPtr socketHandle, IntPtr overl
apped, UInt32& bytesTransferred, Boolean wait, IntPtr ignored)
   at System.Net.Sockets.OverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortCallback(UInt32 err
orCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
Warning:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an obj
ect.

As far as i can tell all thats happening is its throwing up this error on the server but its still working the way its meant to. Gumpt still appears and page is still logged in the que.

Tintamar

Sorceror
Cerberus said:
This is a great idea and i downloaded and installed it on my test server right away. It works perfectly but the only drawback i get is this error message when anyone pages staff..

Code:
Warning:
ect.
Warning:
ect.

As far as i can tell all thats happening is its throwing up this error on the server but its still working the way its meant to. Gumpt still appears and page is still logged in the que.

I dont think thats caused from this script looks like to me a network card problem but thats just my guess. Sorry to hear you get this error.
Glad everyone likes this, now your GMs dont have an excuse for missing a page :p

Tintamar

Sorceror
Shadow1980 said:
Very useful, will definitly be using it as I don't watch my screen 24/7.
(Well that's a lie, I just don't watch my UO screen 24/7)

Some suggestions tho to improve it's functionality.

Rather then saying "There is a page in the queue" perhaps make it say:
"a new page has been placed in the queue"
"Time of paging: timestamp"
(timestamp on current local time of the person who get's the gump, not of the time of the server or the person who sent it, otherwise it works counter-productive)

Or something similair, in more correct english as well. (I am tired ;-) )
That way if you return to the UO Screen to see such a gump, you can quickly see if it's recent or not. Just a suggestion tho, personally I think it would be useful.

Well after clicking "okay" you get to the PageQueue gump where all that information is already on there. Time of page and everything else so I didnt really see a point in adding that in unless I were to redo the whole entire page function.
Thanks for the feedback feel free to change it if you wish :)

Shadow1980

Wanderer
Tintamar said:
Well after clicking "okay" you get to the PageQueue gump where all that information is already on there. Time of page and everything else so I didnt really see a point in adding that in unless I were to redo the whole entire page function.
Thanks for the feedback feel free to change it if you wish :)

Actually if another GM would finish the page in the mean time or the player would cancell the page, you wouldn't find the information there.
Plus the time on the page queue obviously has to be server time, where the page on your gump could be local time to the one receiving the gump.
Only an suggestion tho, I can do it myself if you don't see a use for it.

Cerberus

Wanderer
Tintamar said:
I dont think thats caused from this script looks like to me a network card problem but thats just my guess. Sorry to hear you get this error.
Glad everyone likes this, now your GMs dont have an excuse for missing a page :p

Unfotunately i dont have a network card on my machine none of my computers runs on network.

I logged on with my admin account then logged on on another machine, made a new account as a player used the help menu to page staff and it all worked perfectly . looked at the server screen and i had that error on it i removed your 2 scripts and reverted back to the old page system .. retried the same steps i took before and got no error. i then re-added your 2 scripts and tried again and surprise surprise the error returned.

But not to worry thanks for trying anyway .. I'll just stick to the old system for the moment

A_Li_N

Knight
Cerberus said:
Unfotunately i dont have a network card on my machine none of my computers runs on network.

I logged on with my admin account then logged on on another machine,
*Confused*
How can you not have network cards/network, but still log on from another machine?

Memnoch said:
His name is actuly Tintamar, not "bra"
Really? I didn't notice. Thanks for the info! And the useless post.

~Tintamar~
Nice addition, when I was GMing, I never saw pages come along, this would have helped a lot :)

Cerberus

Wanderer
A_Li_N said:
*Confused*
How can you not have network cards/network, but still log on from another machine?

Thats really easy... i havnt got round to networking it yet so my server is running on my adsl and i still use my old dial up account now and again for testing my server out. So therefore its a completely seperate ip and machine thats connecting to the server.

Kamron

Knight
I think a better method would be to use the same thing that is used when a GM sends a message to a player. A message gump pops up, and they can't close it until they read it.

Well when there is a page, ALL gms who are online can get a similar gump and cannot remove it. Then as pages are deleted, you can remove the gump if there are no more pages left. Also don't forget to bring the gump up when they login.