RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Page In Queue

DemonicSeed

Wanderer
sorry if you feel i am wizzing on your chips but just a example how far if not then you could take it further that it can be done.

Attachments

• GumpPageInQueue3.cs
    1.8 KB · Views: 42
  • PageQueue.cs
    8.3 KB · Views: 38

Tintamar

Sorceror
All you did was change the gump....

If anything make it a little smaller :) like someone else posted it could get in the way if you were trying to run an event.

Its a nice gump though

DemonicSeed

Wanderer
that was due to every time i tried to remove/add/edit anything else it wouldnt compile i guess i just dont have enough knowlege in .cs yet :( .

sorry i hang my head in shame

aleon

Wanderer
Actually i modifed viagos gump and sirens song modifed them and used the pageque script with them its more modified but has some bugs which brings some crashes still working on the script

paggylee

Wanderer
I am just learning scripts: Please help me

I am just learning a bit of scripting. I don't have a scriptor anymore and when I installed your Page in Queue one on my shard, I got the following error message:

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (7 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Engines\Help\HelpGump.cs: CS0117: (line 265, column 13) 'Serve
r.Engines.Help.PageType' does not contain a definition for 'Harassment'
- Error: Scripts\Engines\Help\PageQueue.cs: CS0117: (line 132, column 23) 'Serv
er.Mobiles.PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'SpeechLog'
- Error: Scripts\Engines\Help\PageQueue.cs: CS0117: (line 133, column 34) 'Serv
er.Mobiles.PlayerMobile' does not contain a definition for 'SpeechLog'
- Error: Scripts\Engines\Help\PageQueue.cs: CS0246: (line 314, column 9) The ty
pe or namespace name 'Email' could not be found (are you missing a using directi
ve or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Engines\Help\PageQueue.cs: CS0246: (line 327, column 14) The t
ype or namespace name 'Email' could not be found (are you missing a using direct
ive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Engines\Help\PageQueue.cs: CS0246: (line 346, column 15) The t
ype or namespace name 'SpeechLogEntry' could not be found (are you missing a usi
ng directive or an assembly reference?)
- Error: Scripts\Engines\Help\PageQueue.cs: CS0246: (line 360, column 4) The ty
pe or namespace name 'Email' could not be found (are you missing a using directi
ve or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Can anyone please help me with these errors... :confused:
And I need laymans terms.. hehe.. :eek:
I really am trying to learn this stuff. :)

Thank you
Platinum Kyss

Tintamar

Sorceror
Are you using latest RunUO 1.0.0?

If not just comment out the one line and add the line I made in to your existing PageQueue.cs I marked my addin so its very noticable.

Tintamar

Sorceror
Updated.
Info in first post.

I'll most likely add more to this eventually
like checking to see if theres a page when you log in
and closing it if someone else answers the page before you.

Again, Nothing big.. but useful :)

Azmodaeus

Wanderer
How about a lil extra:

PageQueue.cs
Code:
if ( m != null && m.AccessLevel >= AccessLevel.Counselor && m.AutoPageNotify && !IsHandling( m ) )
				{
m.CloseGump( typeof ( TintamarsPageInQueue ) );
m.SendGump( new TintamarsPageInQueue( m ) );                                                                 
//m.SendMessage( "A new page has been placed in the queue." );
				}

Replace it with:
Code:
if ( m != null && m.AccessLevel >= AccessLevel.Counselor && m.AutoPageNotify && !IsHandling( m ) )
				{
m.PlaySound( 821 ); // <----------Add this here. 
				}

So not only will a window pop up, but a sound will play as well.
In this case, it's the female voice giving a whistle :)
Tested and works great!

LOL! How about setting a baby monitor next to your computer and watch TV til you get a page?! RAWK!

milva

Sorceror
I added this - have runuo 1.0- replaced the PageQueue.cs and put this script GumpPageInQueue3 in custom folder. I'm still not seeing a gump come up with pages, still have to check for them with [pages. Any ideas? I mean even Admins should see this gump right? Thanks!

Greystar

Wanderer
Azmodaeus said:
How about a lil extra:

PageQueue.cs
Code:
				{
				}

Replace it with:
Code:
				{
m.PlaySound( 821 ); // <----------Add this here. 
				}

So not only will a window pop up, but a sound will play as well.
In this case, it's the female voice giving a whistle :)
Tested and works great!

LOL! How about setting a baby monitor next to your computer and watch TV til you get a page?! RAWK!

Lol, I actually did this when I was running my own shard and my son was an infant, I had my son so I moved the moniter back here so I could listen for pages. I had added the sound to my shard a while ago... but still a gump is a usefull thing.

Tannis

Knight
milva said:
I added this - have runuo 1.0- replaced the PageQueue.cs and put this script GumpPageInQueue3 in custom folder. I'm still not seeing a gump come up with pages, still have to check for them with [pages. Any ideas? I mean even Admins should see this gump right? Thanks!
I think the um "Gump Page In Queue" thing is someone else's script. This is the thread for Tintamar's Page In Queue. This one has no problems, and you will see the gump when you get a page.

Tintamar

Sorceror
Download the script on the very first post, not the one someone else posted on this thread :rolleyes: I requested to a mod to remove his post from my thread but they never did. So download the one on the first post and you wont have any problems.

zardd

Sorceror
Great work

Chucked this onto my server and it really helps staff answer pages ASAP.
A big improvement :)

No problems on installation:
Downloaded script from post #1 and installed as instructed.

Erica

Knight
zardd said:
Chucked this onto my server and it really helps staff answer pages ASAP.
A big improvement :)

No problems on installation:
Downloaded script from post #1 and installed as instructed.
Weird cause when yo do a page it opens to players too the page .

milva

Sorceror
Ahhh Finally got it, so strange- Admin Char which I was using could not see the page gump. Logged on my back up Admin Char- had player send a page, could see it on that char. So had to switch chars :p Great script -now staff will no longer miss those pages. Thanks for sharing!

Tannis

Knight
Erica said:
Weird cause when yo do a page it opens to players too the page .
It shows players the "there are pages in queue" gump? If it does, it shouldn't. It might be something you edited, but it's not the script.