RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Page In Queue

cuy782002

Wanderer
:D WOW love.......it i guess i should learn to do some custom gumps my self but thx for sharing keep up the great work

Shadow1980

Wanderer
XxSP1DERxX said:
I think a better method would be to use the same thing that is used when a GM sends a message to a player. A message gump pops up, and they can't close it until they read it.

Well when there is a page, ALL gms who are online can get a similar gump and cannot remove it. Then as pages are deleted, you can remove the gump if there are no more pages left. Also don't forget to bring the gump up when they login.

I like that idea. Perhaps even make the gump close if all pages are gone rather then making the person do it themselves, if this is possible? If done to a sensible location on the screen it could be a small warning gump saying "There are pages left unanswered in the queue" or something along those lines.
I really like that idea Spider.

Kamron

Knight
Ya thats what I was saying, just like the GM message to players, its a small message gump at the top corner of their screen. Also you can have it removed automatically if you wanted (ala~ famous World Save Gump).

I would still allow the GM to close the gump, and then it will come back when another page is made, or is set to unanswered.

Raider

Wanderer
XxSP1DERxX said:
Ya thats what I was saying, just like the GM message to players, its a small message gump at the top corner of their screen. Also you can have it removed automatically if you wanted (ala~ famous World Save Gump).

I would still allow the GM to close the gump, and then it will come back when another page is made, or is set to unanswered.
ok hi ive tryed this script and added to my server its awesome if i figure out how to make it when a gm or admin is logged off so when they get paged and no gms on and then they log on to see if i make it where message gump stays up so a gm know that they got paged cause i notice and tested that if you get paged and log off and log back on page gump is not there no more if i figure this out ill will post it if its ok with you Tintamar i am working on this now just let me know if i get this to do this if i can post it of course you will get the credit since its your script

H

hudel

Darkness_PR said:
i think bra means bro, dude, man dunno like the way he typed its the same way i pronouced it in my head........
Good that he don't wrote "I wonder bra, that nobody else came up with such a script before" :D *rofl*

But ...

it's a very nice script. It helps us to make our shards more userfriendly (and maybe my english better ... ;) ). With this we can prevent much frustration of players. Therefore, thank you for sharing your work with us. It helped (me) a lot.

Tintamar

Sorceror
Raider said:
ok hi ive tryed this script and added to my server its awesome if i figure out how to make it when a gm or admin is logged off so when they get paged and no gms on and then they log on to see if i make it where message gump stays up so a gm know that they got paged cause i notice and tested that if you get paged and log off and log back on page gump is not there no more if i figure this out ill will post it if its ok with you Tintamar i am working on this now just let me know if i get this to do this if i can post it of course you will get the credit since its your script

Go for it :) let me know if you get that working. Another feature that would be usfull too is if a page is removed from queue the gump will disapear on all other GMs screens. But if you want to spice this up a little go for it :)

Mekaylah

Wanderer
This is exactly what I've been needing for the pages on the shard!! I am so glad you shared this with all of us. I'm going to put it into my shard as soon as I figure out how to open the new zip files... :rolleyes:

Shadow82

Sorceror
uhm actually there is a Script already in that makes you noticed a page it says : A page has appeared in the page list but cool i guess heh

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (3 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Engines\Help\PageQueue.cs: CS0101: (line 14, column 14) The na
mespace 'Server.Engines.Help' already contains a definition for 'PageType'
- Error: Scripts\Engines\Help\PageQueue.cs: CS0101: (line 26, column 15) The na
mespace 'Server.Engines.Help' already contains a definition for 'PageEntry'
- Error: Scripts\Engines\Help\PageQueue.cs: CS0101: (line 167, column 15) The n
amespace 'Server.Engines.Help' already contains a definition for 'PageQueue'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again. help plz

blackgriffin

Wanderer
shadow, this one does more than just tell you that you have a page. this one has a gump that stays on your screen, so if you're afk or have the screen minimized, you won't miss the page.

Killamus

Knight
Hmm, this is a decent idea, but you might wanna watch out. If someone is in the middle of something, a quest for example, and cannot answer the pages, then it presents a problem, having to stop attacking players to read the page, then click okay. Obviously, attacking players may not always be the situation, but the idea remains the same. A good idea for this would to make a simple account flag for it, yes or no. Thus, after, 20 minutes or so, you could send a personal overhead message saying "You're still not using pages! Remember to turn them on!" Or something along those lines. But, this is good for the... observant-impaired people, with slow reflexes, unlike me. *Flexes vast... muscle?* :D

DemonicSeed

Wanderer
Thanks Dude for the idea it inspired me to make one of my own here preview i will post it tomorrow when i get in from work is i still need to finnish part of the code and i aint got time at the moment.