RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pandoras Box 3

PurpleRain

Wanderer
It's just not working for me....

I have sat at this computer all day today trying to get UO up and running with all accessories working as well. I've installed and reintalled UO 5 times today after getting my first look at New Haven. I've got most everything working now except Pandora's Box. I used to use both versions I had on my XP UO but neither work on my W7 UO so I have been testing to see which one would work. I've went from PB 2.5 to 3.5 and every one in between. Nothing works.

I'm running .NET Framework 4.0.3 and have patched UO up to 5.0.8.1. It seems that Pandora's Box is expecting the UO client folder to be in a specific place and when it's not it offers to let me show it where it is manually but when I do, it either doesn't see it or doesn't like where I point it to.
I keep most of my software out of the C:\Program Files folders due to the W7 change in programming. Right now, all of my UO and UO related files are in D:\Programs\. Am I going to have to move those programs to make PB work or is there an update coming that will allow it to see where I want the programs placed and be ok with that.

Purple Rain

Vorspire

Knight
The problem that I remember with PB 2.5 was that the Profile data was stored in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\
Although Win7 has "Ghost" paths to enable backwards-compatibility with some older Legacy applications, they are not always effective, especially when programatically accessing constant-string paths.

Check to see if PB is creating the Profile information in C:\Users\<user>AppData\, if not, then we know where one of the problems is occurring...

Even back on WinXP, PB had problems with Profile data when version 2.5 was released.

You don't have to keep your apps outside of C:\Program Files\ just because it's Win7, especially on 32-bit versions, different story on 64-bit versions, where you have C:\Program Files(x86)\ for 32-bit apps and C:\Program Files\ for 64-bit apps.

PurpleRain

Wanderer
Thanks for your reply.

Vorspire;855019 said:
The problem that I remember with PB 2.5 was that the Profile data was stored in C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\
Although Win7 has "Ghost" paths to enable backwards-compatibility with some older Legacy applications, they are not always effective, especially when programatically accessing constant-string paths.

It didn't take me long to discover that since I have a lot of legacy apps that are not and will not be supported (per OSMs) in W7.

Check to see if PB is creating the Profile information in C:\Users\<user>AppData\, if not, then we know where one of the problems is occurring...

No such subfolder as AppData in C:\Users\<User> I'm afraid. I do have a PandorasBox 3.0.0.5 subfolder under My Documents that seems to have the entire prg in it.... .dll files and all. That makes me wonder since the desktop shortcut I use does not point to that folder. Hmm. I will play around with that tomorrow night since I'm headed for bed shortly.

Even back on WinXP, PB had problems with Profile data when version 2.5 was released.

I don't remember which PB versions I ran on XP but I don't think it was as high as 2.5. I'm thinking closer to 1.0 and 2.0. When I get time I'll fire up the old desktop and check.

You don't have to keep your apps outside of C:\Program Files\ just because it's Win7, especially on 32-bit versions, different story on 64-bit versions, where you have C:\Program Files(x86)\ for 32-bit apps and C:\Program Files\ for 64-bit apps.

That's what I meant when I said C:\Program Files .... I have both C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files(x86).... ie; 32 bit and 64 bit. As far as I know any software installed in the Program Files sub-dir cannot be written to.... which might be one of the issues I encountered earlier.

I wonder if just reinstalling everything and letting them go where they want to go would do any good. Maybe that's what PB is doing.... looking for the UO client in the standard (and legacy) location and not accepting the fact that I want to put it and the other related software somewhere else.

ii.

Sorceror
cant get it to work I get stuck at loading screen... I have searched for fixes and have come up empty handed any help?

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Pandora's Box 3.0.0.5 has been released:

Changelog:

- Added Kons Snok ML Deco
- Issue 46: Power Scroll issue
- Issue 47: Runics dont give resource option.
- Issue 50: LocalizedSign LabelNumber no longer limited by 50000
- Issue 51: Note's does not save the correct time of day.
- Issue 56: BoxServer password issue
- Improved error management
- Implemented Log4Net
- Removed some duplicated entries in english translation file
- Added neutral XML for translating in new languages

I have a question, do you plan on adding support for TerMur in the near future or at all? Would be nice to have it in the travel tab.

Shavril

Wanderer
Hello, I need to use Pandoras Box with Box Server. Im using RunUO20Final, and I installed Box Server to it as this topic says:
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/runuo-2-0-rc1-pandoras-box-boxserver.70702/page-1

I downloaded and unzipped Pandoras Box 3.0.0.5and ran the pandora.exe file.
When I try to connect to the Box Server, I get an error in RunUO window (translation into english):
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index is out of range of field.
in TheBox.BoxServer.BoxZLib.Decmpress(Byte[] data, Type type)

Whats that about and how do I make it work?

Arkanium

Wanderer
cant get it to work I get stuck at loading screen... I have searched for fixes and have come up empty handed any help?

Anyone having this issue you need to use Alt+Tab to find the dialogue box that asks what language you want to run in. It will not show up in task manager or on the taskbar, and annoyingly nor will it pop up in front of the Pandora's box main window.

HellRazor

Knight
Is anyone having problems with the latest Pandora's Box from googlecode not loading custom item XML files under Windows 7? No matter where I place the decoration xml to add new decos to the list it never seems to load.

Mi-Ling

Traveler
Pandora's Box 3.0.0.3 has been released:

Changelog:

- Added a way to fix the Ultima Online registry key if missing or corrupted.
- Added a message when you use commands that needs client and it isn't found.
- Fixed Profile Exporting, now should work.
- Corrected the link to Arya and our website.
- Corrected the name of AnkhNorth, now is AnkhWest.
- About form should be TopMost.
- Cleaned up and refactored a bit the code.
- Fixed random bugs.

Enjoy ;).
Hi just call me dumb but the UO reg. key if missing or corrupted thing how do you fix that plz, plz I can find nothing to tell me how
thanks
Mi-Ling

its because a newer version of uo client stores a differen registry key than what is expected. its no big deal, just manually find your installation directory.

Andrieux

Sorceror
i wonder if my updated snow covered version of the stygian abyss client is just too new. i tell it what directory to go to and then it errors and locks up at the loading screen.

Andrieux

Sorceror
i put it in c:\uo for simplicity sake but i'm figuring ill try to reinstall everything and let it go where it wants to. running a 64 bit processor btw. just trying to relive my uo memories with my wife who has the misfortune of not growing up playing uo :)

Update:
got it. the trick is to run it as an admin the first time you run it :)

HellRazor

Knight
Is anyone having problems with the latest Pandora's Box from googlecode not loading custom item XML files under Windows 7? No matter where I place the decoration xml to add new decos to the list it never seems to load.

Just a bump on this question - can anyone tell me the proper way to add new items to the items window via XML?

I'm trying to determine whether I am just doing it wrong, or if there is a problem with Pandora's finding the XML file because of a compatibility issue with Windows 7, or the XML file being named incorrectly, or the XML file being in the wrong location. Nothing I have tried so far has been read in by PB, and I remember that this used to be very easy once they added the capability for PB to pull in items via XML file.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Eh, if you find out I would love to know. I've never tried this before, even with previous versions. But this would be pretty handy as I do have a lot of custom items I would like to be able to add via pandora, such as a lot of new building items I'd like to get added in there.

CeeKay

Sorceror
Nevermind, I got it! :)

[edit] new problem:

So all of a sudden, out of nowhere, Pandora is now manifesting random objects... I tried to put up a fence, I got six gate pieces, two wooden walls, three metal doors, and some cobblestones........ I select 'multi' on the 'add' button, and it really doesn't matter what I'm -trying- to build, Pandora suggests I build it out of randomly-generated bits.... and a stable just doesn't look right, comprised of 32 different wall bits each. :\

Using W7, custom map, RUO 2.1 SVN 665
[/edit]

Thanks,
- CK

MenaMena

Wanderer
hi guys, i got stucked on installation of Pandora´s box.. i have win7 64bit and when i doble click to install the PB it say an error that i haven´t got the .NET framework 1.1 .. In windows 7 is .net 4.0 ...wtf? Any ideas?

MenaMena

Wanderer
heh thats weird.. to do not include version 1.1 in 4.0