RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paternal Abortion Rights

Paternal Abortion Rights?

• Total voters
Paternal Abortion Rights

Poll should be easy enough, its public too, so w/e

Now I'm going on the assumption that those who are against abortion believe its a baby and shouldn't be harmed, and those for abortion are for it because they believe its just cells in the womans body. If you believe its a baby and are still for abortion, you need help :)

mordero

Knight
against it most definately, but if a choice were to be made then I feel the woman should be able to make the final decision (but of course at least listening to what the father wants and using what he says to help make the decision).

Malaperth

Wanderer
If you mean abortion itself, I don't know. As usual, I am a terminal fence sitter and see both sides. I guess I do not hold life that valuable in the long run. I see too many children (heck, people in general) that are not cared for, but have no solution about how to care for them.

There are also way too many people on this planet right now in my opinion, but how does one choose which should be here and which shouldn't?

Then there is the argument that you can just put the baby up for adoption immediately since there are many people wanting a baby. Well, if you ONLY want a tiny baby, and are not willing to share the supposed love you have to give with an older child, I think you're a selfish fuck.

Bottom line, as before, I leave the decision to the pregnant mother since she is the most effected, and I will leave everthing else to a superior being to work out the details later if such a being exists.

However, now that I think about it, I very well might feel different if I was the father of the baby in question. Yes, I admit to hypocrasy (sp?).

mordero said:
against it most definately, but if a choice were to be made then I feel the woman should be able to make the final decision (but of course at least listening to what the father wants and using what he says to help make the decision).
(For those with option 4 only)

The woman may be affected more physically, but I'd say emotionally, both are affected equally in any case of death of a fetus, intentional or otherwise. Well if the father is worth anything, at any rate. I know a guy who had to be admitted to the funny farm after his girlfriend had a miscarriage, he was so depressed his parents thought he was gonna kill himself. The girl was upset, naturally, but nowhere near as much as he was.

Malaperth

Wanderer
Anti-Basic;655221 said:
(For those with option 4 only)

The woman may be affected more physically, but I'd say emotionally, both are affected equally in any case of death of a fetus, intentional or otherwise. Well if the father is worth anything, at any rate. I know a guy who had to be admitted to the funny farm after his girlfriend had a miscarriage, he was so depressed his parents thought he was gonna kill himself. The girl was upset, naturally, but nowhere near as much as he was.

Unfortunately for him, he cannot bear the child. If it were possible to transfer the fetus to a male, I might worry more about his emotional state.

Malaperth;655222 said:
Unfortunately for him, he cannot bear the child. If it were possible to transfer the fetus to a male, I might worry more about his emotional state.
.... wtf you went in a different direction, note that statement was meant for people who are already against it, and therefore think its a child.

I picked the first option for the simple fact that im not against it. Also, even if the mother doesnt feel its a baby yet the father could be one of those who believe it is. Bleh, you always have stupid shit polls ab :p. Problem is, I dont see it right .... to force a women to have a baby because the dad believes its actually a baby .... either.

Confused much? Bleh.

nekron_14

Sorceror
I chose Against and the father should have rights to protect his unborn fetus.... The mother should also have rights too don't get me wrong. But this is effecting the father almost as much as the mother. The father still has to devote his time, effort, and money just like the mother. Except he doesn't have to go through the physical pain. I know 2 people IRL (both very close to me) and they both were thinking about it but decided not to.

o0_Sithid_0o;655228 said:
I picked the first option for the simple fact that im not against it. Also, even if the mother doesnt feel its a baby yet the father could be one of those who believe it is. Bleh, you always have stupid shit polls ab :p. Problem is, I dont see it right .... to force a women to have a baby because the dad believes its actually a baby .... either.

Confused much? Bleh.
Well is there a way to do a DNA test if its still in the womb? Anyone know?

EDIT: and my opinion could backfire too, ie a father forcing a woman too have an abortion b/c he doesn't want to pay child support or w/e. fuckberries.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
@AB's last post: How does that imply needing a DNA test?

My take is that I'm against abortion in general, and I feel the father should have some form of say in what happens to the child. What sort of say would require some more thought on my part. It goes back to the Libertarian mindset of not forcing people to do things that aren't absolutely necessary.

nekron_14;655236 said:
That is why this is a CONTROVERSIAL Topic. Neither side is right nor wrong. :(
I'm always right, for the simple fact that my opinion is better than yours. Thank you for your time, wrong person.

TMSTKSBK;655237 said:
@AB's last post: How does that imply needing a DNA test?

My take is that I'm against abortion in general, and I feel the father should have some form of say in what happens to the child. What sort of say would require some more thought on my part. It goes back to the Libertarian mindset of not forcing people to do things that aren't absolutely necessary.
I totally read his post wrong too quickly (alt tabbing trying to fix an oblivion mod), but that topic will come up eventually. (A potential father thinking he is and might not be)

Bleach

Knight
1) The baby isn't finished being developed, so it doesn't even feel anythig.

2) The final decision is the mothers, regardless of what Papa has to say. She's the one physically doing it, and it makes no difference what's been decided, all she has to do is say "No, I don't wanna sqeeze a kid outta my ass, cancel it", and that's that.

3) How's the kid gonna feel when you tell him "We origonally had second thoughts about having you" ?

So, yes, I'm for abortion, and this that, in the long run, it's the Mother's decision.
That's my logic, like it, or leave it.