RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Paternal Abortion Rights

Paternal Abortion Rights?

• Total voters

Alcyone

Sorceror
I couldn't answer this poll. I'm against it for me. It's totally wrong in my opinion for myself, but I can't be against it for someone else. Who am I to put my beliefs onto someone else? But I do believe that both should have a say. And if they do decide, together, on having the abortion, they should use the stem cells for things like finding cures for things like Lupus, and Diabetes, and Parkinsons. (I admit that that view is kinda self-serving on my part)

Slayer706

Sorceror
I'm for it, and I think the father should have a say depending on the situation. If it was a rape case, then he shouldn't. There are a few other factors that I don't have time to write right now....

4RK3TYP3

Wanderer
I always felt they talk too much about just what the woman wants. I'm not for or against it, but I do feel that abortion should be carefully considered by the mother and father (unless the circumstance is rape). However, it should still be available for use.

crackrat

Wanderer
while i believe that input from the father be observed, really most of the decision is with the mother and the doctor.

@ab yes there is a dna test its called a ambio syntesis(spelling most likely wrong). it involves taking a sample of the fliud around the baby its ussualy done as an outpatient type surgery and has its risks to both mother and child. the can run tests for downs syndrome and several other genetic problems

siran

Sorceror
There is a third person involved in each case, other than the mother or the father. Since I believe it is a baby rather than just a clump of cells, who is looking out for this third party's vital interest? We each have been there, you know....we may not remember anything but we were all once fetuses.

One of the most beautiful statements I have ever read is in the declaration of independence, which says we are all endowed by our creator with certain inalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Listing life first seems natural since nothing else follows if life is denied.

The crux of the controversy over abortion has always been at what point does live begin (meaning a human life as opposed to just cells)? If it is at birth, then partial birth abortions at full term are merely the disposing of a few cells. Of course those cells are shaped exactly like a baby, and are indistinguishable from a baby who has made it to the state of being born. Frankly, that breaks the argument to me. There is little to no difference from a born-baby the day after birth and the day before.

Bwahahaha but who is the decsion maker for it? A fetus cannot speak for itself, regardless of whether its a baby or clump of cells.

I find it somewhat ironic that in once instance the law considers it an actual being (Feticide charge) and in others its just cells (abortion)

Alcyone

Sorceror
mechwolf;655406 said:
amazingly enough i actually did a paper on this for school ....

Then you probably have some sort of thoughts on this subject. I love hearing opinions and thoughts. Please share, it will probably be well thought out and interesting.

I'm against abortion unless a woman has been raped or there is something wrong with the baby where it would suffer...But imo to just decide to have a abortion, I'm against...There are more alternatives such as adoption...I guess I'm kinda iffy on this...Because you brought up rights of a father...Now if a woman just decides ok I don't want your kid then I say if the father wants to raise that baby and take care of it then he should be able to....Anymore there are a lot of good dads out there taking care of their children , better than the moms now a days...

Oh jeez this is a hard poll because I am against abortion, but I can see the points you've made on this poll...

People who voted number 4, explain whether or not you believe its a child, I don't know why anyone would be against abortion without believing that already, but w/e

I just don't see how if you believe its a baby you can justify having it killed b/c of the mother's wishes.

And the rape issue doesn't fly well with me. It shouldn't matter how it was conceived. (If you believe its a baby)

David

Moderate
My sister was unable to have a child of her own and was able to adopt an infant girl. My niece has enriched our whole families lives; we are all grateful that the parents choose to offer the baby for adoption.

I remember seeing the father at the hospital--he came by I think just to look at the baby. Even to a much younger me, he seemed like just a kid. As I watched him watch the child through the window I could tell he was deeply vested in the decision of what to do with this baby; this would impact the rest of his life too.

I'm not sure what my point is. I really struggle with the question of abortion--but I know from personal experience that adoption is a very good thing.

imo it is a baby...Thats why I don't agree with abortion, but it is a womans choice...Its not a choice I would make, but each woman has that choice to make. Thats why I said adoption or let the father raise it....

The only reason I mentioned rape or something being wrong with the baby that would cause it to suffer, was because who wants to see a little baby suffer all its life if something was major wrong with it? That would be really sad....And rape, well that baby would of been conceived w/in violence, which could be put up for a adoption if the parents felt it best....

But if the woman just wants a abortion because she decides against having it well I don't think its right imo...you play you pay...There are other alternatives out there for the mistake they thought they made....Its not like there isn't protection out there for this kind of thing....The babies don't ask to be born and they can't ask not to be aborted either...

right or wrong thats just my opinion..;)

I made a mistake on the poll I meant to click on 3 not 4...:(

DreamCatcher;655440 said:
imo it is a baby...Thats why I don't agree with abortion, but it is a womans choice...Its not a choice I would make, but each woman has that choice to make.

(Again, this is only directed at those who believe its a baby, disregard if you don't)

If a Mother has a loaded gun and an already born child, does she have a right to kill it as well. I mean I've heard of parents killing their offspring, but sheesh, don't want to be your kid (just kidding)

Alcyone

Sorceror
I'm gonna say more than I ever wanted to here, but oh well......When I was alot younger, I got pregnant. There where health problems and the doctor said that if I went through with the pregnancy both me, and the baby would surely die. Before this, I thought that up until like the third month the baby was a compilation of cells. I had an abortion because I figured if the baby was gonna die anyway, it was better not to carry it. I felt like part of me had died, and like I had taken a life, because when that life wasn't there anymore, I felt the lack of life there. Which in my opinion, meant there was life there before the lack of life. A few years later I became pregnant again, carried until I was 7 months along, against doctor's order, and my husband beat me and left me lying in a pool of blood and the baby died. Same lack of life feeling where there had previously been a "life" feeling. No difference. On a positive note, When I got pregnant with my biological son, I again ignored the doctors, and had a healthy bouncing baby boy who has been a joy to me every day, even if he did come early, and have had the joy of raising my husband's 4 kids. But that's just my experience, and my opinion. With the feeling of "lack of life" the baby must have been alive and an actual baby, even at 2 and 1/2 months pregnant.