RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People we enjoy on the boards

HellRazor

Knight
Alcyone;641677 said:
Tannis is a guy? oops. As far as phantom, that is just his personality, he's actually pretty helpful, if you look past how he says things, and listen to what he's actually saying. Was having a problem with a shard I was admin on, and he got up in the middle of the night to help. Actually a pretty good guy that way.

I understand that everyone is different and each person has their own ways and their own hangups.

But that's no excuse for being rude and abusive for no reason, which Phantom was. Often. (But not usually to his friends of course). He thought his programming knowledge was an open license to lord it over others.

Communication is a two-way street, and when one side isn't willing to try to adjust a little bit as a courtesy to the other guy, then of course there is going to be problems. It's give and take, and with Phantom it was always "take". Unless you were in his circle of friends, and from what I gather he must be a pretty good friend to some.

I was one of those guys that he just started being rude to for no reason, so obviously unless he was to make some major changes to the way he treats others, I will probably never be part of his fan club. I've watched him pull his BS here too many times over the last several years.

And yeah, maybe it was bad form to bring him up, but it isn't anything I haven't said to his face (well, his "bulletin board face") before.

In his defense I do occasionally see him making an effort to change, and if he ever does, I'll be the first guy to acknowledge it. I actually feel kind of sorry for him because I think a lot of it is that he has some social issues to work out.

EDIT: I guess for me it comes down to a matter of respect. You can't expect someone to show you respect if you're not willing to show a little yourself. And it's not really all that hard to show a little respect and common courtesy for other people when they haven't done anything to you.

HellRazor

Knight
Malaperth;641676 said:
I don't wanna hijack the thread, but is it rude not to respond to the Thank You with like You're Welcome etc? I always kinda thought it was a waste of time, but some seem upset that I don't usually do that.

I don't think so. It's a nice thing to do but I personally wouldn't take it wrong if someone didn't respond to "thank you", I assume that they've seen it and appreciate the sentiments.

HellRazor

Knight
Anti-Basic;641675 said:
Tannis is a chick fyi... and if her sig looks anything like her irl... shes fucking hawt.

Ok, now we need pics.

Phantom is ok most the time, but he does tend to not have much patience... speaking about him while hes banned and can't respond is kind of in bad taste, imho...note the 'h' tho.

Yeah, you're probably right. Point taken.

Alcyone

Sorceror
HellRazor;641694 said:
I understand that everyone is different and each person has their own ways and their own hangups.

But that's no excuse for being rude and abusive for no reason, which Phantom was. Often. (But not usually to his friends of course). He thought his programming knowledge was an open license to lord it over others.

Communication is a two-way street, and when one side isn't willing to try to adjust a little bit as a courtesy to the other guy, then of course there is going to be problems. It's give and take, and with Phantom it was always "take". Unless you were in his circle of friends, and from what I gather he must be a pretty good friend to some.

I was one of those guys that he just started being rude to for no reason, so obviously unless he was to make some major changes to the way he treats others, I will probably never be part of his fan club. I've watched him pull his BS here too many times over the last several years.

And yeah, maybe it was bad form to bring him up, but it isn't anything I haven't said to his face (well, his "bulletin board face") before.

In his defense I do occasionally see him making an effort to change, and if he ever does, I'll be the first guy to acknowledge it. I actually feel kind of sorry for him because I think a lot of it is that he has some social issues to work out.

EDIT: I guess for me it comes down to a matter of respect. You can't expect someone to show you respect if you're not willing to show a little yourself. And it's not really all that hard to show a little respect and common courtesy for other people when they haven't done anything to you.

Yes, and I appreciate your opinion. Alot of people feel that way. He did come off as pompous alot.

Alcyone

Sorceror
Joeku;641698 said:
Sweet I'm on the list.

<3

Of course you are on my list, Joeku. I never forget people who have helped me and I like what you did with the goldledger (inside joke). Just for the record, never ask a question about a script, then send it to a "Evil" one to take a look at, he'll keep it. But Joeku made it all good.

I've mentioned it before and she never has:( chicks on teh internet are pretty reclusive because we are scary to them:(

Radwen

Wanderer
HellRazor is an asshole. Now I feel sad and I'm going to go all out emo on you guys.
*carves "Love me HellRazor" in his arm with a razor blade*

Shit, my mascara ...

Alcyone

Sorceror