RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People we enjoy on the boards

HellRazor

Knight
o0_Sithid_0o;641856 said:
Just noticed this thread( not slept in like 48 hours, cut me some slack ) so now i must reply.

Anyways, wtf is with this "Jump on the hate Phantom bandwagon" bs? Granted he got a bit pissy sometimes. Phantom posted replies to help requests expecting people to actually fucking TRY to do what he told them to do. In almost all cases, he did tell people how to fix their issue, he did give them real advice that if followed would have fixed their issue. Instead, like most people seem to be doing these days hed get the lame ass "i tried u said i not understand! codes please!?!?!?!". This has nothing to do with language barriers, if you are here and can understand the language well enough to know what this site is about, what the reply just said, then u know enough english to sit in front of that computer ur on and write out a reponse that includes atleast an attempt at some grammar and or spelling + a little thought behind it.

Its rediculous really, Phantom I believe was here from the start of RunUO. Does noone else get annoyied over hearing the same ass shit asked over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and ... u get the point. So he got a little pissy sometimes, maybe a bit snappy and rudish, the mans not perfect but goddamn he contributed more to this community than almost anyone else combined( aside from the devs of course ).

Phantoms been banned, stop dragging his damn name through the dirt.

Oh and HellRazor, ur wrong, the atmosphere is just the same as it always was. Its just now u got people running around screaming how horrible Phantom was and how glad they are hes gone. 99% are the kinda of people id like to see never post again here. /rant-annoyied

As for the original topic, I enjoy most people here, oldies and noobs alike. I see interesting stuff here that I enjoy reading and replying to. I dont want to write names out because it will take me too long so ill just say that all those people listed in other relies sound good to me.

[Edit]Added more stuff....[/Edit]

I love how people need to make excuses for Phantom's behavior. Why is that?

The majority of his posts were unhelpful one-liners. I think the community is getting along just fine without him.

And as for different types of people, that's why it's a community and not a clique. You have to expect that posting in a forum with about 100,000 members that you are dealing with people of all backgrounds from all ages and all walks of life, and even with different degrees of intelligence. A little tolerance goes a long ways, but tolerance is a two-way street. No one here, NO ONE, has any excuse to be constantly rude to people, I don't care how much you know or how much you contribute. If you're always being rude and making people afraid to post then as far as I'm concerned you are taking away much more from the community than you are giving back. Ryan himself has personally posted about this again and again.

If someone is tired of hearing the same questions over and over, guess what. YOU DON'T HAVE TO REPLY. Not everyone has been here for 4+ years, new people join all the time - again, that's why it is a COMMUNITY. Give the new people a chance to learn the ropes too, they are the RunUO contributors and community leaders of tomorrow. That is, if we don't chase them away by being dicks to them.

As far as I'm concerned, Phantom made his own bed. If he improved his behavior a little then no one would want to talk about him.

Anyways, I'll make ya a deal. Stop bringing him up and I'll stop replying about him. ;) I'm sorry now I even mentioned him (but she DID ask for people who we could do without and he's #1 on my list).

P.S. This isn't intended as a slam but I thought it was kind of funny - you're talking about people who won't take the time to use proper grammar and English but in that whole section, you're not using proper grammar and English! Again, I don't really care, I just thought it was funny. ;)

Johabius

Knight
I basically enjoy everyone that posts here in Starbucks. Sure some times certain people can be annoying, but that's what makes the world great. If we were all the same, it would get pretty boring very quick.

HellRazor;642170 said:
I love how people need to make excuses for Phantom's behavior. Why is that?

The majority of his posts were unhelpful one-liners. I think the community is getting along just fine without him.

And as for different types of people, that's why it's a community and not a clique. You have to expect that posting in a forum with about 100,000 members that you are dealing with people of all backgrounds from all ages and all walks of life, and even with different degrees of intelligence. A little tolerance goes a long ways, but tolerance is a two-way street. No one here, NO ONE, has any excuse to be constantly rude to people, I don't care how much you know or how much you contribute. If you're always being rude and making people afraid to post then as far as I'm concerned you are taking away much more from the community than you are giving back. Ryan himself has personally posted about this again and again.

If someone is tired of hearing the same questions over and over, guess what. YOU DON'T HAVE TO REPLY. Not everyone has been here for 4+ years, new people join all the time - again, that's why it is a COMMUNITY. Give the new people a chance to learn the ropes too, they are the RunUO contributors and community leaders of tomorrow. That is, if we don't chase them away by being dicks to them.

As far as I'm concerned, Phantom made his own bed. If he improved his behavior a little then no one would want to talk about him.

Anyways, I'll make ya a deal. Stop bringing him up and I'll stop replying about him. ;) I'm sorry now I even mentioned him (but she DID ask for people who we could do without and he's #1 on my list).

P.S. This isn't intended as a slam but I thought it was kind of funny - you're talking about people who won't take the time to use proper grammar and English but in that whole section, you're not using proper grammar and English! Again, I don't really care, I just thought it was funny. ;)

I said make an attempt at grammor and OR spelling + some thought. I made an attempt at all three.

Im not making an any excuses about how he responded at some points, hell I myself disagreed with him on MANY occasions and normally posted about it( wich he hated lols ).

Joeku

Lord
o0_Sithid_0o;642291 said:
This coming from one of the many grammar nazis.
What?

What did that have to do with me being a Grammar Nazi? :p

And there're only really a couple... TMSTKSBK and myself, mainly.

Joeku;642292 said:
What?

What did that have to do with me being a Grammar Nazi? :p

And there're only really a couple... TMSTKSBK and myself, mainly.

I suppose even people as smart as you have duh momments, itll come to u.

Ugh im in a grumpy mood today, was in my room sleeping all nice and peacfully and mike decides to come and knock all crazy like and wake me up.

HellRazor

Knight
o0_Sithid_0o;642298 said:
I suppose even people as smart as you have duh momments, itll come to u.

Ugh im in a grumpy mood today, was in my room sleeping all nice and peacfully and mike decides to come and knock all crazy like and wake me up.

At least he didn't film it and put it up on YouTube.

So far as you know anyway!

HellRazor;642301 said:
At least he didn't film it and put it up on YouTube.

So far as you know anyway!

If he did that ... id kill him lol.

Noone wants to see what I look like after I wake up. Tis a scary sight to behold oO.