RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POLL : How do you think GMS on a shard SHOULD ACT?

4RK3TYP3

Wanderer
A GM should be my bitch and be damn greatful for the opportunity. This is all hypothetical of course, I haven't run a shard in about a year.

Rosetta

Wanderer

DIE DIE DIE!!! :D

lol... i realize its pointless to post but wth.

Game Masters and all staff alike, should act accordingly to how you see fit yes, but its free servers not a business, i never got the whole lets order people around, staff should be hired by personal knowledge/level of trust & friendship, i dont see why you would order a friend around like he/she was your own personal bitch, my staff act just fine, im laid back, i dont force rules on them, i give them basic staff golden rules such as no items for players and such.

My staff follow what they think i would approve of because i show them respect and trust, yes sometimes they do stuff i dont like and i give them a punishment fit for the crime (but its an online game woop de shit about punishment) all in all, a game is meant for fun, if you feel the need to order people get stressed when they dont listen or mad when they are out of line, you shouldnt be in that position.

i hear all the time people say "running a free server is like running a business" nothing like it, most shards hire more staff than they have players which i guess if they see that as a business would equal out to having more employees to pay than you have customers which would decline heavily in your profit depending on how big your business is.

in short, staff should have a way to act yes, but it shouldnt be enforced be respectful and you shall be respected.

pepolshet

Sorceror
GM's shouldn't give a **** about players, believe me they think you are "cool" if you don't replay to there stupid topics.

David

Moderate
I have a very thoughtful and well crafted reply for this thread, but I think I will wait eight or nine months before I post it.

Rabban

Sorceror
So why doesn't forum software include an option to lock all threads > 6 months old?

Exceptions could be made for sticky posts and by moderators if the need arises.

The result would be no one would be able to necro :-P and if you wanted to reply, you'd just have to link it in a new thread about the subject.

I'm sure the dislike of necroing old threads is not only found here but also in many large forums.

Deimos

Page
I'd say half of the shards I play on have half decent staff
The other half are either really immature, or really couldn't give a damn about the players.
I can't remember which shard it was I tried a while back, but they were handing out "Fuck trammies" or "Fuck Trammel" (I forget which) T shirts at Brit, which personally I thought was rather pathetic and immature
*shrugs* Each to their own I guess, heh

Bleach

Knight
Rabban;739596 said:
So why doesn't forum software include an option to lock all threads > 6 months old?

Exceptions could be made for sticky posts and by moderators if the need arises.

The result would be no one would be able to necro :-P and if you wanted to reply, you'd just have to link it in a new thread about the subject.

I'm sure the dislike of necroing old threads is not only found here but also in many large forums.

But that would spoil the fun of making a big deal about it, disturbing the delicate balance in Starbucks.