RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POLL : How do you think GMS on a shard SHOULD ACT?

psz

Administrator
Well, this thread was about GM/Admin actions and attitudes, not reward systems ;->

S

Seven

I don't know what i was thinking posting it in here...lolI guess in my mind i was thinking about my rulebook and accidently searched for it and posted it in it LOL all well...

Spiffy_Z

Wanderer
Kiwi said:
So in summary I hate all player-run-shard staff

Sounds like you are just helping script for RunUo then...i know for a fact that you do not like OSI. So you must put up with player-made staff no?

psz

Administrator
I want staff like OSI. completely useless, but at least stays away from the players and don't hang at the bank like complete idiots.

Ahh, so you like me ;->

(Ask any of my players how often they actually see me in-game...)

S

Seven

Boards have been messing up again...New posts are comming before the old posts :<
ahh well lol...

EXAMPLE : I'm before kiwi when i should be after XxSpiderxX post ;P

Kiwi

Knight
I want staff like OSI. completely useless, but at least stays away from the players and don't hang at the bank like complete idiots.

I hate GMs that overuse broadcast. I hate GMs that use broadcast for QUESTS AND EVENTS. I hate GMs that give away free shit for ANY circumstance.

So in summary I hate all player-run-shard staff

psz

Administrator
Boards have been messing up again...New posts are comming before the old posts :<
ahh well lol...

EXAMPLE : I'm before kiwi when i should be after XxSpiderxX post ;P

Look at the times. The date was off by a day when they made their posts. It'll all catch up in about 2 hours.

Kamron

Knight
Nepotism and greed are the worst forms of corruption, yet the most common.

Although i must say that if you were being payed quite an amount of money to baby sit people (as OSI GMs do), then you would not engage in such corrupt activities.

Mifune

Sorceror
http://www.despair.com - Demotivational posters. This site is hilarious.

Sorry for going off topic, but that post about Greed and Nepotism made me think of that website.

Rykai

Wanderer
I think the first rule of any staff on any shard is to be at least 20 years of age.(not offending the VERY FEW who are actually mature at a younger age).
second I think that staf need to be able to actually know whats going on and be able to deal with things on a more professional level.

Players should be able to log into a shard..and get a character going ON THERE OWN.
Legitimate questions should be answered .
there should be staff on at least once a day.
Staff should know and understand such things as How the skills gain...what works and what doesnt...
One thing I have learned is that too much cool stuff on the first day. makes for far fewer days beyond said first day.
if there is NO challenge there is no player base.
if you think you are a great PvP'er and kill off people with 1000 of every skill you should be shot.
play with your server offline and get all that out of your system before you,
open to the public(we all played with stuff our first days...hehe).
to hire on staff you should have an interviewing process.
YOU CANT RUN A SHARD BY YOURSELF!

silentjoker

Wanderer
A good gm is a gm who can actually do useful things like spawn (believe or not, most gms op out cos they don't want to spawn a tiny room).

I think a gm should be hidden, and only turn up when needed at most. And for that l33t look gm, jesus, you can just tell they don't know a thing about gm'ing..

Do they?

I know this is an Older thread, but I like the topic...

I've staffed on a few servers now, & am now running one for the second time. (First time, my computer blew up & the server was shutdown). :( Anyways, I think & want any of my Staff to be both very friendly & interactive, but to be strict with the Rules I have set down. My Staff also have plenty of Rules they must abide by. I have 3 Books currently in our Staff area, that I remind them to check regularly for changes, editions, etc. These contain Rules for Players, Rules for Staff, things I want my Staff to pay special attention to, things I Don't want them doing at all, basic commands for some things, & general stuff to these degrees. If my Staff want to goto people to answer pages they can, if they want to answer using the official page, thats their choice as well. As for aiding players, that something I'm against. Unless its some very special circumstance of some sort, can't think of an example at the time though. :rolleyes: Honestly as far as 'hiring' goes, so far I've taken people I've known for a while as players, & then 'molded' them as far as Staffing for me. I still occasionally have to nag or check up on them at times, I really watch as best I can how they are as players then as low level Staff, etc. & go from there. Yes you can still end up with it going wrong, the 'power' can goto ones head. :eek: Eh, it happens. Honestly... kinda happened to me in ways. Thus why I decided to Run a server. :D

Rosetta

Wanderer
The thread started 4 years ago, safe bet to say that starting a new thread on the topic would of been good. But I won't bug you too much about it, you know it's old.

Good staff always depends on the diligence of the Admin.

Kenny164

Sorceror
Heh, it took me a while to notice that it was so old. Good thread though, i re-read most of it.

I think (which has been said a few times by others) that the gm's should remain hidden, but it is nice to see them interact with their players every so often.

Anywho, noticed this is your first post Sable, hopefuly you'll have more comming :)... Welcome to the forums (if u've been lurking for a while, I apologise, and would say "congrats on first post" :p)

greywolf79

Sorceror
Seven;108727 said:
a.)Act leet to players and make them leave
b.)Be kind and helpfull to everyone who asks questions
c.)Dont care a shit about the server
d.)Just wounders around with his "COOL" stuff on him and does nothing
e.)Doesnt follow directions
f.)Does follow directions

If there is any i missed please just say so :)

I think it is a mix of a, c, d, and e. Just my oppinion though (is the examples I have seen anyway).

GreyWolf.

I had thought of starting a new 2007 thread .. but eh

:rolleyes: I would have had my actual staff name, but alas, someone claimed that long ago here. So had to use something else. :( Darn Guildwars chars name worked. lol Anyways, Ive been 'lurking' ;) for almost a year now.. :eek: but when I came across this post, it sparked me enough to get me posting, as I just re-opened my server. Darn computers & when they blow up on you. :eek: For me as I was saying, I am as diligent as I can be. Helps that I am a housewife.. so I'm on pretty much all day. :rolleyes: Most of my Staff as stated are people I've known for quite some time now, so I know their base personalities as a player, then as a low level staff, then we progress as they show progress. But I tend to 'hawk' over them a lot since I have that ability. & 'm very clear about their Rules as well. Or if I change my mind on something.. thats just the way it goes. But again, as said as well, no matter how diligent one can be, there can still always end up being someone who you misjudged or just gets too [add happy or the list could go on. It happens.. you deal with it. :D & thanks for the warm fuzzy hello & all. :)