RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POLL : How do you think GMS on a shard SHOULD ACT?

Aenima

Wanderer
Oh, just noticed I completely dodged the question about what method I use to keep my Game Masters in line...

Well, I don't have a method.

It all comes back to the atmosphere. They know they can talk to me about any problems they have, and I'll talk to them if there's anything I'd like to speak about. We all respect each other, it works smoothly.. just like the moderator team here :)

psz

Administrator
Oh, about the macroer: One of my few OSI-Rules is no unattended macroing. I will kick if I catch you. In the case of the guy who fried himself, well, that's his own dumb fault, now innit? ;->

As for keeping GMs in line, well.... I AM the GMs, so it's not a problem ;->

On the original Shard UDIC (1998/9), I had 5 GMs total (Myself and 4 others). 3 of us were fine, agreed on most things, and worked together well.

1 of the others was lazy and didn't do much (Which was fine, she was there mainly to answer the occasional page and whatnot)

The other decided he wanted to do his own world... On my shard. This did not go over well, and after a nice lil GM Meeting, he cursed everyone out because we had no sense of humour (Trinsic at the time was the most spawned area.... He changed everything to orcs in the city, and massive monsters around saying the town had been overrun. This was a problem, as Trinsic was *THE* major place for players, and now it was too overrun to be playable by most). He was warned three times (we rebuilt the area three times) and finally, we axed his account and deleted his characters.

He tried to DoS us, but the hoster had a seriously massive network setup going (Paranoid being the operative word here) and the guy couldn't do much.

I have no problems with the 3 strikes rule. Just make sure you don't count silly stuff as a strike ;->

S

Seven

Hers an event of someone wanting a job on my shard :
Player:Hey im a friend of kaltex so um will you gm me?
Me : NO, sorry there is no room
Player : I promise ill bring in like 10 more players
Me : Yeah? How so?
Player : Umm....
Me : Man, your not going to get hired.
Player : Come on... please?
Me : No, there is no more room. If i was to hire you i would have to hire EVERYONE. everyone that has BEEN on this server has asked so that makes you # 40320324502302340 In line.
Player : No wounder i never playd this shard it sucks!
Me : i dont need players like you. Your one of the reasons Ryst went down along time ago.
-----I forgot the rest------

Then later he starts talking to me and my players like shit so i kick him
and he starts aiming Kaltex bitching to him that i kicked him and wont make him staff. lol...Beggers :(

[Thats as close as i could remember it...]

GoodVillain

Wanderer
Seven said:
Hers an event of someone wanting a job on my shard :
Player:Hey im a friend of kaltex so um will you gm me?
Me : NO, sorry there is no room
Player : I promise ill bring in like 10 more players
Me : Yeah? How so?
Player : Umm....
Me : Man, your not going to get hired.
Player : Come on... please?
Me : No, there is no more room. If i was to hire you i would have to hire EVERYONE. everyone that has BEEN on this server has asked so that makes you # 40320324502302340 In line.
Player : No wounder i never playd this shard it sucks!
Me : i dont need players like you. Your one of the reasons Ryst went down along time ago.
-----I forgot the rest------
I get that a lot on Anarchy PvP and my game. Why wont they just make one on there familiy pc like half of the shards on UOG are ran.

S

Seven

Hehe...
It seems like they act like your doing everything wrong..but they dont know a thing [NOT A THING] about C++ or any type of other language! hehe

Lord

Wanderer
Sometimes I hate people (well most of the time)

Yes, sadly I get alot of players who come in dont read the rules (even when a rule is "Don't ask for staff positions" yet they still send a page or if they come accross me or one of the few staff I do have they ask for staff positions anyway. In fact most of the people who beg come up with some great reasons I have gotten a few like this: "If you Gm me ill get like 20 players here" I have gotten this from a power hungery 14 year old
"Make me a admin or ill never play here again and ill tell other guys not to player here!" and tons of other stupid ones, but the thing that bugs me the most is how when they do ask for staff postions I ask there age there like 10 and don't know crap about the game or RunUo they just want a 'god' so to those player I say "Screw you!" well that got a load off my chest I might list off some more reasons later why I do 90% of the work on my server anyway. (one more thing they say is if I ask if they know how to spawn something they ALWAYS say they do but in fact they don't or they suck and make it overkill for players)

S

Seven

hmm i need to make a some what of a sucide command but it only kill them if they say the whole phrase "Can i be GM" "Can i be staff"
:eek: :)

K

Krazy_zack

Yep never stops amazing me when sombody asks to be staff and then when you say no they get beligerent.

ESPECIALLY if it says in the rules "DO NOT ASK TO BE STAFF"...

I have a rule on my shard that if you ask to be staff the answer will ALWAYS be NO and you will NEVER be considered for a position EVEN if you are qualified.

BooshnigBomb

Wanderer
Don't hue shit every sparkly color you can find because it's "cool".
There used to be a (sphere?) shard called hells temple or something where everything you saw was sparkly. Half the monsters you killed gave sparkly red and black robes, red and orange armor, black and green ore, stuff like that. :shock:

ClanCC

Wanderer
BooshnigBomb said:
Don't hue shit every sparkly color you can find because it's "cool".
There used to be a (sphere?) shard called hells temple or something where everything you saw was sparkly. Half the monsters you killed gave sparkly red and black robes, red and orange armor, black and green ore, stuff like that. :shock:

do u know wats the hue #? :rolleyes:

S

Seven

Hehe..i could also make a script when they ask to be staff/gm that it insta kills/kicks/ban
:)

Horadrim

Wanderer
Neltral in all aspects

I think any GM has to be neutral, the GMs can make friends but never help THAN, and never help they friends in bullshits (sry) , why i am telling that, its couse i enter in 3 shards in my UO life and in all this 3 shards the GMS help his friends AND i HATE IT, i don´t will tell the name...

And plz some1 tell me a good shard for I play plz!

I am waiting the Run UO shard, and sry but i can´t donate I live alone and I have MANY responsabilitys, in the future if i can i will...

Tks for read

S

Seven

Sorry to bump this but, i would like to add to this...
...I'm currently wanting to make rules to deal with prizes...
...Seeing there is so much customization with prizes how should i rate them?...
I'm going to be using a point system + token system...

And also how many pts|tokens out for 1st/2nd/3rd...
Thanks...

Only reason is I have a brain block with the "rarity" of prizes or the 'worth'

Kamron

Knight
LOL -

Unfortunately, most shards like to have raids, and other social tournaments/events. Those things require GMs to be mostly visible (unless automated via script), but other than that, I agree with preperation H.

S

Seven

nono...my last post doesn't relaly have anything to do with the whole GM thing...

psz

Administrator
XxSP1DERxX: Well of course. Events are an exception to the "Unseen" GMing ;->

If we had an Event Moderator class, then the GMs could be hidden all the time ;->

S

Seven

I guess I'll have to make another post or people will be getting confused with what I am asking...