RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Possibly the biggest announcement ever for RunUO!

Agetian

Wanderer
I would like to express thanks to the creators of RunUO for making the best Ultima Online server-side software ever and for the upcoming 1.0.0 release!

I would also like to advise the developers of RunUO not to listen to all those freaks who give weird comments about the upcoming release (some of them don't even make sense, e.g. "I don't want RunUO release please remove factions") or keep asking "when is 1.0.0 going to be released". For every single freak in the RunUO community there are hundreds of people who faithfully support and enjoy using RunUO. For us it's better if 1.0.0 were delayed a little bit, but in the end we would see another perfect, bug-free, stable release. We are going to wait as long as needed.

I'm also glad to hear that RunUO will be open source now. I think that a lot of people will be able to put that to good use.

Thx again!
Guys, you're awesome!

- Agetian

Ingvarr

Wanderer
Heh, my dream is always been to move the whole RunUO codebase back to native platform (C++ for instance) instead of this current Managed .NET flaky stuff (its not quite healthy for performance-demanding apps as big shards are).

But I doubt I will ever find the time for that ;(