RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Your Gas Prices

1.50 Euros. For a liter.

That's about 7.5 USD for a gallon.

And you Americans dare to complain about the high gas prices. Ah well, at least we can drive 15 KM with a liter with our more energy-efficient cars. That should be 37 miles with a gallon.

I'd just LOVE to see these kind of prices in the US. I bet they can make hybrid cars in less then a day then. And I'd love to hear all you polluting bastards whine. ;)

Jarrod

Sorceror
approx. 5.50$ per gallon here in Germany. the prices jumped yesterday as well.
The way its looking Im going to lose my job because i can no longer afford to drive to work.
Public Transporation is out of the question, as the trains are jacking up their ticket prices to match the gas prices. ( i work 120km away from where i live, and NO moving is not an option)

This price, by the way is up from the .70 cent-ish price it was at just a few years ago. i swear every time the oil companies say "the prices are going up because blah blah blah" and then turn around and announce record-breaking profits, i want to murder someone.

Ravatar

Knight
Jarrod said:
approx. 5.50$ per gallon here in Germany. the prices jumped yesterday as well.
The way its looking Im going to lose my job because i can no longer afford to drive to work.
Public Transporation is out of the question, as the trains are jacking up their ticket prices to match the gas prices. ( i work 120km away from where i live, and NO moving is not an option)

This price, by the way is up from the .70 cent-ish price it was at just a few years ago. i swear every time the oil companies say "the prices are going up because blah blah blah" and then turn around and announce record-breaking profits, i want to murder someone.

Time to pull the bike out of the garage. A lot of people around here have started doing the same, and on days with clear weather riding a bike can save on gas and benefit your health. I'm saving a lot by riding my bike only on occasion.

Barak

Wanderer
and still going...

prices went up again, here in nova scotia canada, it went to $1.49/litre (u can do the conversion, heh) all I know is its too damned much!
:mad:

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Ankhesentapemkah said:
1.50 Euros. For a liter.

That's about 7.5 USD for a gallon.

And you Americans dare to complain about the high gas prices. Ah well, at least we can drive 15 KM with a liter with our more energy-efficient cars. That should be 37 miles with a gallon.

I'd just LOVE to see these kind of prices in the US. I bet they can make hybrid cars in less then a day then. And I'd love to hear all you polluting bastards whine. ;)
1 Euro = 1.2388 U.S. dollar
Nice try though.

bacaw

Sorceror
i read this thread yesterday and got to thinking, then today i went into a store to get lunch, the price was 3.09$ when i came out bout 15-20 mins later it was 3.29$ i was like WTF! 20 cents in 15 mins. anyways this is in Maine out in the epitimy of boon docks :p

TMSTKSBK

Lord
long a-name dude -

I don't appreciate being called a bastard.

Maybe we could make hybrid cars in a day...oh wait, we already do :eek:

I had something about trains and Europe and highways here...but it was unsubstantiated, so I removed it.

And no...at that exchange rate, it's only about $5 per gallon where you live in Europe...much like the other European posters have shared.

I'm conservative. You're not so much. We shall agree to disagree.

PappaSmurf

Knight
Gas what's that everywhere here has about run out

We've $3.19 to $3.59 a gallon here near Charlotte NC depending on where you went Most places were just out of gas completely

Newbiepdo

Sorceror
Where you gonna get your gas?

Someone emailed this to me so I thought I'd pass it along.

WHERE TO BUY YOUR GAS - THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW.

Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it. It might even be good for us!

The Saudis are boycotting American goods. We should return the favor. An interesting thought it to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and my friends. I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil :

Shell................................ 205,742,000 barrels

Chevron/Texaco......... .144,332,000 barrels

Exxon /Mobil................. 130,082,000 barrels

Marathon/Speedway... 117,740,000 barrels

Amoco..............................62,231,000 barrels

If you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!

Here are some large companies that DO NOT import Middle Eastern oil:
Citgo.......................0 barrels
Sunoco..................0 barrels
Conoco..................0 barrels
Sinclair...................0 barrels
BP/Phillips............0 barrels
Hess.......................0 barrels
ARC0......................0 barrels

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

Quoted from :

Bob Dickson Transportation Security Administration Kansas City International Airport Kansas City, Missouri

Well Im buyin my gas from Sunoco Citgo or Hess from now on!
:D :D

We are currently at $3.69 a gallon of regular 87 octane per gallon in Upstate NY (Ithaca).

Marak

Sorceror
anyone know anything about the ethynol there promoting around here? they have cut the price from $1.25 L to 0.75c L when using ethynol, now i generally would be dubious about thigns like this. eg is my engine going to suddenly die next week lol...

Ravatar

Knight
Marak said:
anyone know anything about the ethynol there promoting around here? they have cut the price from $1.25 L to 0.75c L when using ethynol, now i generally would be dubious about thigns like this. eg is my engine going to suddenly die next week lol...

Ethanol (ethyl alcohol) is commonly used as the active ingredient in alcoholic beverages :p, or more recently as an additive to fuel. Ethanol burns clean, and it's cheaper by volume than gasoline, so it's a win/win situation to add it to gas.

It's safe for most engines made in the last 70 years, so you have no worries there. In fact, we in the midwest have been using more and more ethanol lately, since it can be produced from corn, which we grow around here. I thought everyone was by now :D

Some places around here are beginning to support something called "E85" or "E%%" where the percent signs represent the volume of ethanol in the fuel. E85 is 85% ethanol/15% gasoline. It's quite a bit cheaper than regular fuel right now. Illinois lawmakers are really trying to push the new technology, because it will provide a nice market for our corn crops.

beldr

Sorceror
Gas Price

Laredo, Tx

2.79 - 3.09 regular
2.89 - 3.19 plus
2.99 - 3.29 supreme

some stations are out of regular or so they say, so you have to put plus or supreme

Nochte

Wanderer
gas went from 2.48 to 3.09 in a day right down the road from me: greenville, tx, usa
this is bullshit

edit: 3.09 isn't bullshit. 0.61 jump in a day is

Ankron

Wanderer
Fractured quotes for the price of oil...

I may ride my bike...
"... but this doth not bode well" (Imanewbie) :(

Cause the price of food and everything else is going to...
"... boldly go where no..." price "...has gone before." (Gene Rodenburry's Star trek):eek:

and if Oil wasn't black gold before...
"...well, It bloody is now!" (Jack Sparrow).:mad:

And if it's that much, when are they gonna start making "Oil" wedding rings because oil...
"...is a girls best friend." (not sure):(:eek::mad:

Now with that said... will somebody please kick GW Bush, for not fixing the economy/oil problem in advance!

Trey

Wanderer
its not bush's fault the economy was fine we just got hammerd from the hurricane where lots of our own produced oil is gotten