RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post Your Gas Prices

Joeku

Lord
Ankron said:
Fractured quotes for the price of oil...

I may ride my bike...
"... but this doth not bode well" (Imanewbie) :(

Cause the price of food and everything else is going to...
"... boldly go where no..." price "...has gone before." (Gene Rodenburry's Star trek):eek:

and if Oil wasn't black gold before...
"...well, It bloody is now!" (Jack Sparrow).:mad:

And if it's that much, when are they gonna start making "Oil" wedding rings because oil...
"...is a girls best friend." (not sure):(:eek::mad:

Now with that said... will somebody please kick GW Bush, for not fixing the economy/oil problem in advance!
Retard, blaming Bush for everything.

Nochte

Wanderer
if i recall correctly, the last administration placed hefty fines on those who gouged people with their gas prices, last time something like this happened...

rsmiller21

Wanderer
Waco, Texas - $2.89
Two days ago it was ohhh 2.50... As for Newbiepdo's interesting post I have been down to alot of refineries in Galvaston Texas and one Exxon plant in New Orleans. My side job takes me there. In the next few years you should see a particularly large oil company's(NOt using name) stock to rise alot because they are developing a new refining method that would blow your socks off. Lets just say that the process is something similar to taking eggs then making milk out of it. I for one am glad I bought a hybrid last year.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
who says they're gouging?

The people in Raleigh were buying gas at 3.20 and selling at 3.00 for the first few days...now they might be gouging ;)

Tynsdale

Wanderer
Two days ago it was 2.99 and today it is 3.19 and thats for 89 octane which I think only lawnmowers can use. Im letting my grass grow till winter snow kills it. :)

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
Only lawnmowers can use?

Studies have shown that the octane changes maybe 10 horsepower.

jevansfl

Wanderer
90% of cars are designed to use 87 octane gas now. The only time you should use higher octane is with higher performance engines.

irro

Page
Denver Colorado - USA

3.28 US Dollar per US Gallon

I was down in tulia texas yesterday and someone made a mistake at the gas pumps selling premium gas for 31 cents per gallon.. the whole town filled up before the changed it :)

A friend of mine filled up her SUV from empty for 6 dollars

rsmiller21

Wanderer
I wouldn't mind waiting in a line for a few hours for that. Unlike, waiting in lines at Disney World I wouldn't feel like I was ripped off....

Marak

Sorceror
Ravatar said:
Ethanol (ethyl alcohol) is commonly used as the active ingredient in alcoholic beverages :p, or more recently as an additive to fuel. Ethanol burns clean, and it's cheaper by volume than gasoline, so it's a win/win situation to add it to gas.

It's safe for most engines made in the last 70 years, so you have no worries there. In fact, we in the midwest have been using more and more ethanol lately, since it can be produced from corn, which we grow around here. I thought everyone was by now :D

Some places around here are beginning to support something called "E85" or "E%%" where the percent signs represent the volume of ethanol in the fuel. E85 is 85% ethanol/15% gasoline. It's quite a bit cheaper than regular fuel right now. Illinois lawmakers are really trying to push the new technology, because it will provide a nice market for our corn crops.

Ah sweet that makes my car feel a bit safer(their starting to run 50/50 mix's here - not much on the news about it). thnx for the info :)

Froman2686

Wanderer
costs me 3.19-3.59/gallon for premium in south New Jersey. Gotta start learning how to make homebrew fuel. Or get it delivered wholesale to my house.

Mmmm....now THERE'S an idea.;)

KingSmidgens

Wanderer
gas prices near Kansas City (MO side): 2.98/gallon (dropped from $3.41 in the last few days, wtf?) seems the local gas stations are having a little price war, some of them are still above $3.. heh.. Ethanol gas used to be more expensive, since it's better for your car since it's cleaner burning (or something?) but now that gas is so expensive it's kinda funny to see the E%% gas cheaper

KingSmidgens

Wanderer
wow, the gas stations must really be duking it out.. as I was driving to work, it was 2.73, and just now, as I was coming home (8 hours later) it was $2.52 SO I FILLED UP :D

hope some of you all see a huge drop in gas prices, too