RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

President George W. Bush

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratfink

Sorceror
Re: lol

Jimbo said:
good point i guess i was thinking of the only ones that really matter
Russia France Germany

They all matter as they all have a vote. However if you are refering to non-supporters with Veto powers, France, China, Russia are the only ones with these. Germany doesn't have these powers.

ratfink said:
Jimbo said:
good point i guess i was thinking of the only ones that really matter
Russia France Germany

They all matter as they all have a vote. However if you are refering to non-supporters with Veto powers, France, China, Russia are the only ones with these. Germany doesn't have these powers.

yea i know but china shouldnt even be in the UN so i dont even care about them

BooshnigBomb

Wanderer
Dear Member,

AOL ShopDirect and Shop@AOL understand that you don't want to receive email offers on products and services that do not interest you. That's why AOL is offering a FREE email service, giving you the chance to tell us what products you want to save on! Future AOL ShopDirect and Shop@AOL "super" deals will only be sent to AOL Members who request them! To tell us what products interest you - just Click Here.

Exosys said:
gmsmithsword said:
Albert Inestine had ADD.

huh? Anyways, I don't know if this has anything to do with what you guys are talking about, but I just saw Bush's name in the topic soo..

I'd just think that George Bush would get his head out of his *** and smell the coffee that war isnt the answer right now, and his stubborness is all that is sticking to it. OBVIOUSLY the UN and 99% of all US Citizens don't want war...

There is my 2 cents worth and I dont care if it is off topic so HAH! :shock:

Hallelujah, sing it sistah. :p

L

Lexi

Powerworks said
BUSH DOING A GOOD JOB WTF???

He has ruined the country's economy, he push the government over budget so they had to use the surplus money, he is destroying social security (which I am sure none of you elephants give a damn about) and he can't even give a decent speech!!!!

HE'S DOING A HORRIBLE JOB!

Okay I wish I had found this thread alot sooner cuz this is just my kinda topic but here we go!

First Powerworks Bush did not ruin the economy the people that attcked our country on 9/11 did! after 9/11 the economy started going south and everyone looked at the president, wtf is he gonna do? hes trying but nothing is going to work until people start spending money again!! people stopped traveling by air in turn the airlines filed for chapter 11 and the government helped them out by giving them money! yeah that money comes out of our pockets but there would be worst effects if these airlines went out of business! and this goes on for many different companies but im not gonna sit here and list them!

Next I am not rich in fact i could be labeled as being poor i have been using the same computer for 3 years now! but yet i am an elephant! so if you are going to bring up everyone elses flaws on the board then look at you setting sterotypes!

And last in a past post you said something about "reality" but you have know idea what that is because you are living in some kind of utopia! Sadam is a crazy mfer and you think for one sec that if we dont do anything then he will just sit there and run his country and keep to himself then you need to open your eyes! he will never get rid of his weapons and we can tell him to all we want but unless we do it ourself then he will build and build until the day he decides to launch an attack!

And all this bs your trying to feed about fake tapes and documents! you sound worst then sadam himself! that is what he said on the news like a week ago!

I leave for basic training in 1 month and im sure i will go to iraq sometime after that and even though it kinda makes me nervous im gonna do it because i think this war was a long time coming and i am very pro war! and when i do go over there im not looking for anyone to give me a medal or a slot on tv im going over there to defend our great country but the one problem i have is the fact that we have people here saying that men and women are gonna die over there for nothing! fuck that are you gonna tell that soldiers parents that there son or daughter died for no reason what so ever! basicly war is coming so stop bitching about stopping it and choose aside and support it! your either gonna root for us or them no in between! if you wanna be in between then go to france and be a puss!

I guess im done and i hope some of that made sence

IxildorRS

Wanderer
Sadam is a crazy mfucker and the oil belong to his country NOT YOURS you and some other pathetic persons with your goverment ruin this world!
We all felt sorry for 9/11 tragedy BUD IRAK HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT OR THE TERRORIST'S SO SHUT THE FUCK UP! :twisted:
I'm tired hearing the same bullshit again and again!
50%of your people are on the road's and screaming for no war!
and some pathetic person's say let's go to war what the fuck let's play with our war toys! :twisted:
Feed your people without taking the food from the weak(oil) it doesn't belong to you!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Tired of speaking nice to people that don't seem to understand nothing!
You may be very pissed off with what happened to your tower's but once again irak has nothing to do with it!
Just stop reffering to 9/11 and irak! :twisted:

haleyviperx

Wanderer
I honestly dont get why you people think that he is doing anything wrong. I understand why you think things, and all of your reasoning is good. But, rules and guidelines were set by the United Nations awhile back saying that Sadam wasn't allowed to have weapons. But, what happens? All of the weapons have mysteriously disappeared and have not been accounted for. I don't like the whole idea of war, myself, but he made a point by saying that not taking action against it would be just as bad, if not worse, than the results of the actions we ARE taking. I don't believe that Bush just woke up and decided "Hey hey, what the hell, lets bomb Iraq."... A lot of careful and reasonable study has gone into it. And about the comment regarding him making up for his fathers mistakes... That, in my opinion, is way off track. I believe that Bush is doing for America what all the other presidents have done. Attempt to protect us. We all know Sadam isn't afraid to use his weapons. Though he may not support terrorism, he is still a heartless bastard. I dont know, but I think he is doing the right thing.

ratfink

Sorceror
Lexi said:
First Powerworks Bush did not ruin the economy the people that attcked our country on 9/11 did! after 9/11 the economy started going south and everyone looked at the president, wtf is he gonna do? hes trying but nothing is going to work until people start spending money again!! people stopped traveling by air in turn the airlines filed for chapter 11 and the government helped them out by giving them money! yeah that money comes out of our pockets but there would be worst effects if these airlines went out of business! and this goes on for many different companies but im not gonna sit here and list them!

Easy there killer. Did Bush Ruin the economy? Absolutely not. But on the large part 9/11 has not a lot to do with it for several reasons:
- The tech bubble burst around 2000 leading to a downturn in the economy, the economy was allready in recession by the time the terror attacks hit.

Nasdaq
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=^IXIC&d=c&k=c1&t=5y&l=on&z=m&q=l

DowJones Industrial
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=^DJI&d=c&k=c1&a=v&p=s&t=5y&l=on&z=m&q=l

S&P
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=^GSPC&d=c&k=c1&a=v&p=s&t=2y&l=on&z=m&q=l

Sept 11 did cause a dip in the markets but as you can see the market largely recovered by 1Q 2002.

- The Collapse of Enron and the chapter 11 of Worldcom in 2002 has had more effect on keeping the market down then the 9/11 attacks

- The airline industry was responsible for the lax security that lead up to 9/11 so frankly I really don't buy the whole argument that they are innocent victims. Most of the problems in the Airline industry can be traced back to expensive mergers and buy-outs during the peak of the booming economy. What is even worse is that the airlines would not cut flights but rather have the merged or bought out airline fly in competition with other owned airlines.

- War is probably the last thing on the face of the earth that instills consumer confidence.

I think the largest argument against GW and his handling of these are not that he caused them but rather that he has been so focused on the war of Iraq that he has turned a blind eye to solving domestic Issues.

L

Lexi

IxildorRS said
We all felt sorry for 9/11 tragedy BUD IRAK HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT OR THE TERRORIST'S SO SHUT THE **** UP!
50%of your people are on the road's and screaming for no war!
and some pathetic person's say let's go to war what the **** let's play with our war toys!

It blows me away that you can use caps to emote that first and second line im not saying i know for a fact and only the us government and iraqs government can not you because if you do know for a fact then you should be sitting at the un meetings!! some one did make one post that made alot of sense well it was more of a quote "absence of proof does not mean proof of absence"

and like haleyviperx said im sure bush didnt wake up and "i feel like war today" if your going to live in a country then your going to have to put alittle faith behind the country if not then leave it!! and its not like the government has a forum where they post every bit of info they get!! if they are going to go to the extent of war then im sure they have many more reasons behind it then we all know about!! and anyone can say that bush is doing it because his father and oil but when congress gave him full power to use the armed forces in anyway he seemed fit im sure they didnt do it because of his father or oil! think about how many people sit in congress and had a vote that day!! some bit of information swaded them to vote for in his favor!!!!!!!!!!!

and this is a debate not a 5th grade fight so if all your going to do i throw around "shut up" then i think the best thing you can do is quietly step out of the forum and go outside and play with the little kids!![/quote]

L

Lexi

ratfink
I think the largest argument against GW and his handling of these are not that he caused them but rather that he has been so focused on the war of Iraq that he has turned a blind eye to solving domestic Issues.

First off I tip my hat to you! your post is a model of how a debate should go! I wish it had not made me look stupid but so be it...

I do think a few things were misconceived from my post!
yeah the economy was in recession but it was floating like a feather then 9/11 turned it into a rock! I dont think it would have hit so low as fast as it did and i dont feel it would have gone so low!

in turn when the economy hit companies like enron covered things up and acted like nothing happened so i guess its kind of and indirect effect!

and in no way am i saying that the airlines ar victums all i am stating it that they are large companies that play a major part in our economy!

and i was not tying the economy and war in together i was just touching on different subjects all under GW! yeah war might put a hurt on consumer confidence but that is something that is going to come with it! war is not gonna go away GW is to far in it to say "nevermind"

and i think that right now the focus needs to be the war. i dont want the person leading the attack to be thinking about numbers the whole time!

IxildorRS

Wanderer
Lexi you could go and play with something else if you have :twisted:
Why half of american papulation doesn't want war?
no one answers to that ofcourse...........
congress>>>>>>.lol what fucking congress he owns the fucking congress he do whatever he want's and he is a fucking puppet of his father!
In all the world hundred thousand of people scream for no war but what they know xa??? they are all stupid xa? Well if they are then i'm to as stupid as it get's!
So kiss my ass ,and after you do that you can go to war if you want! :twisted:
Lol when you will start bombing korea after irak what are you gonna say then???
The usual korea was bla bla bla terrorists bla bla bla ok ok we said to much let's bomb them!
:twisted:

L

Lexi

re

IxildorRS half of congress doesn't like him and he does not own them if you ever checked out the the us government you would know that they are there own system! but alot time ago when this country decided to set up a government we decided that who the people choose was who was gonna run the country for 4 years unless impeached!
and last time i checked g dubs was who the country choose so in other words thats the current leader of the country! and even if he is a his fathers pupet his father was a great leader! if you remember desert storm!!
and yeah alot of people are protesting the war but what is that gonna do!!! we are going to war whether some hippie in france wants us to or not!!
and if we start bombing korea then so be it there as much of a threat as iraq!! no were not gonna claim there terroists but they opeanly say that they have weapons of mass destruction and last time i checked there not suposed to!!
but our focus is not on korea because we think that we can talk through that because they are not as determinded as sadam!!

and there you go again with your childish input "Kiss my ass"!!! if you have a problem with your vocabulary then i think you need to pay attention in school because there are alot more word combos out there then "shut the fuck up" and "kiss my ass"!!!
but if thats all you can say then your not worth my time so run along now and play!! ;)

IxildorRS

Wanderer
Re: re

Lexi said:
IxildorRS half of congress doesn't like him and he does not own them if you ever checked out the the us government you would know that they are there own system! but alot time ago when this country decided to set up a government we decided that who the people choose was who was gonna run the country for 4 years unless impeached!
and last time i checked g dubs was who the country choose so in other words thats the current leader of the country! and even if he is a his fathers pupet his father was a great leader! if you remember desert storm!!
and yeah alot of people are protesting the war but what is that gonna do!!! we are going to war whether some hippie in france wants us to or not!!
and if we start bombing korea then so be it there as much of a threat as iraq!! no were not gonna claim there terroists but they opeanly say that they have weapons of mass destruction and last time i checked there not suposed to!!
but our focus is not on korea because we think that we can talk through that because they are not as determinded as sadam!!

and there you go again with your childish input "Kiss my ***"!!! if you have a problem with your vocabulary then i think you need to pay attention in school because there are alot more word combos out there then "shut the **** up" and "kiss my ***"!!!
but if thats all you can say then your not worth my time so run along now and play!! ;)
Well it seem's i worth your time allthough i have no need for you to respond!
So what you do is give label's to people who don't want war(hippies in france)
well i'll inform you once again that in your country american citizens more than 50% protest against war not only in france :twisted:
THE LAST TIME I WAS INFORMED AMERICA ALSO HAD WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION :twisted:
Now take my last polite reply and put it in your ass :twisted:
Warfriend :twisted:

L

Lexi

IxildorRS said
well i'll inform you once again that in your country american citizens more than 50% protest against war not only in france
THE LAST TIME I WAS INFORMED AMERICA ALSO HAD WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION
Now take my last polite reply and put it in your ***
Warfriend

Well my sterotyping was alittle out of hand because alot more people besides the hippies in france are protesting the war! i am sorry for that coment!!

well it changes every day but the last i saw on the news last night that the poll was that 30% of the us was protesting anti-war and in the us (unlike iraq) the majority wins!!!

and america is aloud to have weapons of mass destruction!!! at the end of desert storm on the terms that we won it was writen that sadam was a threat and he was aloud to hold office aslong as he never had weapons of mass destruction and this was the same for the peace talks between korea and pres clinton there fore korea in openly breaking a signed document by having these weapons!!

and i decided its not a waste of my time to correct you and stop you from misinforming people with your unsupported "facts"

ratfink

Sorceror
Re: re

IxildorRS said:
well i'll inform you once again that in your country american citizens more than 50% protest against war not only in france :twisted:
THE LAST TIME I WAS INFORMED AMERICA ALSO HAD WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION :twisted:
Now take my last polite reply and put it in your *** :twisted:
Warfriend :twisted:

That Right now polls are sitting at around:

Support 59%, 37% oppose.

It does go around 50% however when dealing with getting UN apporval.

40% only with UN approval, 38% Even Without.

http://www.pollingreport.com/iraq.htm

ratfink

Sorceror
Lexi said:
and america is aloud to have weapons of mass destruction!!!

One thing the US is not allowed to have is landmines, yet still does. There have been numerous charters banning them, and the US has caught a lot of flack in the UN over this.

My point is not that the US is big and evil what it is is that the US treats the UN just like every other country. It's something to use in supporting your actions but when it goes against you is simply "meddling in our domestic affairs".

The UN is like a nyphomaniac mayor's daughter, everyone has had her, everyone agree that her allowed being treated that way is wrong. But when it comes to the action no on wants to be the one to say she is a whore, and everyone knows deep down inside that they will loose a good lay even if they had it only once.

L

Lexi

re

the us is allowed to have landmines that was never an issue with the un it was pres clinton that brought it up its the the international treaty banning antipersonnel mines which the us never signed we simply said we would not use them.

President Bush has not yet stated his position on landmines. President Clinton first called for a universal ban on anti-personnel mines in a speech before the United Nations General Assembly in 1994. Under his leadership, the U.S. became the world's largest financial contributor to demining projects, but it has not joined the Mine Ban Treaty. Current policy, which was announced in May 1998, is that the United States will cease to use antipersonnel mines by 2003, except those contained in "mixed systems" (meaning anti-tank mines delivered with antipersonnel mines) everywhere in the world except for Korea. By the year 2006, if alternatives have been identified and fielded, the U.S. will cease all use of anti-personnel mines and will join the Mine Ban Treaty.

and i dont classify landmines as weapons of mass detruction[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.