RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Progress update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johabius

Knight
Tzadkiel said:
Do the staff hunt you down for asking and castrate you?
Yes, they do...lol...seriously though...it will be released when it is finished. I'd rather have a nearly perfect product than one that was rushed into release with all sorts of bugs.

Bmzx007

Wanderer
Did you actually read the very first post on this thread Tzadkiel, Ryan said UOSE Support is FINISHED. Meaning its done, complete, finished, whatever way you want to say it. Its done.

As for a release date, You obviously havent been here long, but the RunUO team HAVE NEVER GIVEN RELEASE DATES. They announce a release within a day or two of them actually releasing it, but otherwise, it stays quiet. It has always been this way, and people always whine about it, get over it, and wait, your whining isnt going to change anything other than them wanting to hold the release back because they are sick of people whining about it.

And, this is their forum, and you run by thier rules, think of yourself as a guest in this house. They have said over and over DO NOT ask for a release date.

(I'm not a canine unfortunately so just because false prestige has gotten someone the idea that they can backhand people for being reasonable because it's online and because those people are insecure, I don't bend to the false lord)

Yet with comments like this, it shows you have absolutely no respect for thier request, and perhaps should rethink your attitude here on the forum. Or someone else will rethink it for you, and Im sure them doing it will be far worse.

Foreverzero

Wanderer
While im very anxious for the new release and severely looking forward to all the new content, i really do believe everyone needs to calm down.

While yes it has taken a while to finish the SE and ML stuff, lets not forget the RunUO team sits here and makes an entire emulator for countless people to use free of charge. We pay nothing at all and they are doing us a favor so that people can go and run shards and have fun.

No one forced you to download runuo, and no one forces you to run a shard. If your really that impatient, almost everything has been scripted in the forums and im sure u can find everything to get you by.

My guess is that everything is done, they are just waiting for the complaining to stop before they say here you go.

WE are ALL anxious to get it, but remember its free and no one forces us to be here and wait.

cfaust

Wanderer
Foreverzero said:
While im very anxious for the new release and severely looking forward to all the new content, i really do believe everyone needs to calm down.

While yes it has taken a while to finish the SE and ML stuff, lets not forget the RunUO team sits here and makes an entire emulator for countless people to use free of charge. We pay nothing at all and they are doing us a favor so that people can go and run shards and have fun.

No one forced you to download runuo, and no one forces you to run a shard. If your really that impatient, almost everything has been scripted in the forums and im sure u can find everything to get you by.

My guess is that everything is done, they are just waiting for the complaining to stop before they say here you go.

WE are ALL anxious to get it, but remember its free and no one forces us to be here and wait.

I agree with almost everything you said, except for the part where you said "they are just waiting for the complaining to stop before they say here you go." Although I would have to laugh if this were the case and yes I would think a scenerio like that would be funny. In my opinion, I just don't think Ryan and the rest are like that. However, if this is truely the case; we will be waiting a very long time because there will always be someone floating around that will complain about the least little thing, you know; the folks that always look a gift horse in the mouth.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
All I really need from this new version is the recompiled binary using the .NET Framework 2.0. Heh. It's driving me, along with my co-administrator, absolutely balls that we're waiting on features, et al, we don't really intend to fully support if even at all.

But, alas, I patiently and semi-quietly await, only revealing myself every other page to make subtle requests for any amount of a changelog. Listening to my own faint requests over-shadowed by the deafening shouts for a release date.

I think I'll changelog this post with one final subliminal message.

psz

Administrator
Hello. I run Demise. The UOGamers OSI clone shard. We're one of the final testing points for all the new RunUO code on each release.

Now that you have that background info, lemme let you ALL in on a little secret: It's not finished. THat's why it's not released.

Nothing to do with ML. Nothing to do with new features. It's just not finished.

We got the latest code last week. It was "done". It just needed mass testing. Otherwise, it was ready to roll.

In the last week, we've had weapons do 1 damage (regardless of skills), we've had skills not work, we've had magic get fuxxored, we've had items messed up, and we've had tonnes of minor tweaks needed. So, unless you want to have all of your players bitching and moaning that their Artis suddenly have 29 durability instead of the 255 it had, or that they're GM Swords and are hitting rabbits for 1 damage, I STRONGLY suggest you wait.

RunUO prides itself on having stable, accurate, ready-to-go releases. If the CURRENT code were to be released today, these forums would be flooded.

I don't want that.
Ryan doesn't want that.
None of YOU want that.

So, when staff don't give a date, there's a reason. No matter HOW much you test/plan/test some more, there may be something else that needs fixing. If you give a date, you're bound to it, and if you find something wrong at the last second, you either piss people off by releasing late (Most of the people on these forums would send hatemail), or releasing a broken product (Again, most of the people on these forums would send hatemail)

Personally, I'll take "Late-Release" hatemail over "Broken-Code" hatemail anyday.

(And, for the record, I'd like to remind everyone that the month of September was kinda... Not usable due to Hurricanes Rita and Katrina. Hard to get work done when the DC is in Houston (Rita), and some people are in New Orleans (Katrina))

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Thanks for the kind words psz... and to the rest of em bitching...

Seriously... fuck em.

Marine_3038

Wanderer
Well I'll be waiting in Indiana for ryan to release the update. Just a scary thought fo ya, I'm two hours from you ryan, so hurry PLEASE!!!! lol just kidding take your time to make it work perfect.

ya and even scarier thought is im just about 45 mins away from indianapolis hehehe (lives in new castle) but aside from that yeah ryans got the right idea they wanna bitch let em they wanna cry let em just makes things worse off on themselfs for annoying everyone ignoreing is the key for all these peeps wanting to whine and cry cause they dont got patience bah i say this to those crying over the release date not being to soon *lifts middle finger up* sit on that

LordHogFred

Knight
psz said:
Hello. I run Demise. The UOGamers OSI clone shard. We're one of the final testing points for all the new RunUO code on each release.

Now that you have that background info, lemme let you ALL in on a little secret: It's not finished. THat's why it's not released.

Nothing to do with ML. Nothing to do with new features. It's just not finished.

We got the latest code last week. It was "done". It just needed mass testing. Otherwise, it was ready to roll.

In the last week, we've had weapons do 1 damage (regardless of skills), we've had skills not work, we've had magic get fuxxored, we've had items messed up, and we've had tonnes of minor tweaks needed. So, unless you want to have all of your players bitching and moaning that their Artis suddenly have 29 durability instead of the 255 it had, or that they're GM Swords and are hitting rabbits for 1 damage, I STRONGLY suggest you wait.

RunUO prides itself on having stable, accurate, ready-to-go releases. If the CURRENT code were to be released today, these forums would be flooded.

I don't want that.
Ryan doesn't want that.
None of YOU want that.

So, when staff don't give a date, there's a reason. No matter HOW much you test/plan/test some more, there may be something else that needs fixing. If you give a date, you're bound to it, and if you find something wrong at the last second, you either piss people off by releasing late (Most of the people on these forums would send hatemail), or releasing a broken product (Again, most of the people on these forums would send hatemail)

Personally, I'll take "Late-Release" hatemail over "Broken-Code" hatemail anyday.

(And, for the record, I'd like to remind everyone that the month of September was kinda... Not usable due to Hurricanes Rita and Katrina. Hard to get work done when the DC is in Houston (Rita), and some people are in New Orleans (Katrina))

I just hope this shows the people that moan and gripe about "late releases" that they know jack s**t about what really is happening with the next release. It's kind of a shame that you should have to make a post like this to "prove" to people that you actually are doing work on RunUO. To be honest I think you should block ungrateful peoples IPs to the download link when it's released :p.

Anyway good work to all of you and thanks for putting up with us :p.

i agree with you totally its horseshit how they come on here looking for scripts and using the product then have the nerve to bitch when its not released when they want i spit on them all i am however grateful that there is some ppl out there waiting patiently not bitching nor whineing hell im just as eager as all of em have i once posted asking about the date of its release NAY if all you guys got better to do all day is sit on a forums bitching about someone not doing somethign when you want i strongly recomend gitting a life :)

GreyGhost

Sorceror
ok first of all i think they are doing an awesome job with this. ill be damned if i can remember another group of individuals willing to do this kind of programing for free. I mean come on people its free so stop complaining, i know ea wouldnt allow em to charge for it (frack they charge enough for it as it is)

ANOTHER THING!

do you idjits even consider how hard it is to script(program) something like this from scratch? let me tell ya you might conceavably be able to do a script or 2 maybe its a good one maybe its not. think on how long it took you to script your stuff then multiply it to the power of 100 AND YOU MIGHT be close to how much work has to be done. maybe im rehashing old messages but its getting lame comeing in here and seeing everyone whine bitch comfreakingplain that its not out yet.

again consider the finer points here
1. FREE
2. you dont got to script anything at all
3. they are trying to make it work with everything already out there (or atleast thats a pretty good assumption)

SO TO ALL YOU NAYSAYERS
nay·say·er oh my god a word half of the 2 years wont understand
Main Entry: nay·say·er
Pronunciation: 'nA-"sA-&r, -"se(-&)r
Function: noun
: one who denies, refuses, opposes, or is skeptical or cynical about something
- nay-say·ing /-"sA-i[ng]/ noun
get over it for crying out loud
when its done and done right your gonna flood the boards with oh oooohhh wow this is awesome messages dont deny it jeez arent we all just two sided here

i agree with everyone else here who says
FOR GODS SAKE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
take your time make it better than we expected(or just as good who cares)

AND THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!
lol frankly i dont see that enough on these boards either

an old addage once said
kind works are worth more than sad words! :D

id like to point out that those complaining about the release date are noobs that either cant script or to lazy to do anything for themselfes if they going to complain i say tell em to kiss your hairy and or smooth ass

Yes exactly, they should be grateful for what's done, and if the developers say it's not ready they have A REASON that they don't release it yet. Noone has ANY right to complain!

LordHogFred

Knight
Ankhesentapemkah said:
Yes exactly, they should be grateful for what's done, and if the developers say it's not ready they have A REASON that they don't release it yet. Noone has ANY right to complain!

To extend on the reasons the devs have for not releasing.
What these moaning, whining, people don't seem to be realising is, these guys are pros (well as much as they can be without getting paid :p), NO ONE knows what dictates a stable release of RunUO better than they do. So let 'em get on with what they do best!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.