RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Smokin'

Should people be allowed to smoke in a public venue? ie: food places

• YES! Smoke up, Johnny!

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • NO! It's a serious health risk and it stinks.

Votes: 33 61.1%
  • WHO CARES! I don't ever leave the RunUO Forums nor do I socialize with uncyberized people.

Votes: 5 9.3%

• Total voters

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
There is absolutely no evidence that second hand smoke can lead to cancer of any kind. Which would make sense, because even a hardcore smoker can after 10 years have perfectly healthy lungs barring they do not contract emphesyma (sp).

Mo Khan

Wanderer
DontdroptheSOAD said:
There is absolutely no evidence that second hand smoke can lead to cancer of any kind. Which would make sense, because even a hardcore smoker can after 10 years have perfectly healthy lungs barring they do not contract emphesyma (sp).

RAP ON BROTHER! Rap ON! :)

Given said public place has atleast a semi-decently ventilated smoking section( some sort of ventilation system, I don't hwat ) I dont see a damn thing wrong with smoking in public. When the idiots around here banned public smoking from Lexington they pissed me off( im a smoker ).

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
o0_Sithid_0o said:
Given said public place has atleast a semi-decently ventilated smoking section( some sort of ventilation system, I don't hwat ) I dont see a damn thing wrong with smoking in public. When the idiots around here banned public smoking from Lexington they pissed me off( im a smoker ).
<-- Not a smoker.

Rhexis

Knight
In general I dont really care much about smokers and their proximity to me in public places. I dont like the habit, and to be honest I find the smell of smoke distasteful (which is why my only exception might be restraunts..but I dont eat out much) but as long as Im not in an enclosed space for long periods of time with said smoker..-shrugs-

An annoying neighbor of ours (who was annoying for many many others reasons) smoked on his back porch, and the smell would waft over depending on the wind and lurk in our house on occasion. If we cant depend on avoiding smoke in our home, then I see no reason to bitch about it when in public.

pacolaco2

Sorceror
As long as your not blowing smoke in my face.. I don't mind..

But, smoking is just stupid.

1. It's not beneficial
  2. MMmmm, cancer.
  3. Waste of money and alveoli
  4. Pointless?

Aulus

Wanderer
Following the ban of smoking in public areas in Ireland (as in banned in pubs, bars, cafes etc)... the death rate went up... apparently it was due to the fact that people were leaving the pubs/bars (probabbly while rather drunk) for a cigi, and getting knocked down by cars.... So my point.... if people are going to smoke, atleast keep them safe while they do it!

Macil

Sorceror
pacolaco2 said:
As long as your not blowing smoke in my face.. I don't mind..

But, smoking is just stupid.

1. It's not beneficial
  2. MMmmm, cancer.
  3. Waste of money and alveoli
  4. Pointless?

I agree with them.

Maynza

Formerly DontdroptheSOAD
I am suprised by the number of people that actually believe second hand smoke is a legitamite health risk. Either that or they just think it stinks >_< which I will agree.

Joeku

Lord
I said "NO" because it smells disgusting.

An exception would be a pub or bar, where you're "supposed" to smoke.

As long as they have a "no smoking" section I'm okay with it though. I don't really care if you slowly kill yourself.

IMHO masturbation is a much healthier habit ;)

Shadow1980

Wanderer
I voted No. I don't really care about the health risk of second hand smoke, but I do care about the ability of being able to breath then and there. It is absolutely disgusting, especially in unventilated spaces where you have no other choice of breathing in the smoke as there just aint any fresh air.

Besides for that, I really and I mean REALLY hate smoke making my way while I am eating. In particular in restaurants, when your food just gets served and some [insert insult] just finished his/her meal and lights a couple of fags to celebrate this. Go outside?! Ask if I mind?!

I really should post a rant about this on the web sometime now I think about it!

ps. Joeku will reply to ur mail asap, got sidetracked here sorry.

rsmiller21

Wanderer
My friends and I used to visit IHOP after work, smoke and eat but now that my city outlawed smoking in public facilities(Who the hell doesn't smoke in a bar?!), we get donuts from Walmart then smoke in front of the entrances. *Gives finger* Now the children must suffer from the horrible health effects from my second hand smoking and it is all your fault, tsk, tsk, tsk.

Joeku

Lord
rsmiller21 said:
My friends and I used to visit IHOP after work, smoke and eat but now that my city outlawed smoking in public facilities(Who the hell doesn't smoke in a bar?!), we get donuts from Walmart then smoke in front of the entrances. *Gives finger* Now the children must suffer from the horrible health effects from my second hand smoking and it is all your fault, tsk, tsk, tsk.
IHOP...

Everyone loves IHOP not just smokers :(