RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quitting Smoking

Malaperth;645969 said:
nah... completely depends on the amphetamines you found.
found? theyre prescribed to me... just not that much. Already been to the hoispital twice for it tho. once was accidental, the other wasn't.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Addictive stuff is just not something you "try", though...the entire point is that it IS ADDICTIVE.

aiyiyi...

Johabius

Knight
Okay, so the cold turkey approach hasn't worked so well for me. I have however, smoked less and less every day since I decided to quit. Today, I have only had 2 cigs. I've been up for nearly 12 hours, so this is quite an accomplishment for someone that smoked nearly two packs a day just a week ago.
Still going to quit, sometimes though, it takes some people a little bit longer than others to do it.
On a side note, the cigarette that I smoked this morning made me physically ill.

FireSoul

Wanderer
Johabius;646030 said:
Okay, so the cold turkey approach hasn't worked so well for me. I have however, smoked less and less every day since I decided to quit. Today, I have only had 2 cigs. I've been up for nearly 12 hours, so this is quite an accomplishment for someone that smoked nearly two packs a day just a week ago.
Still going to quit, sometimes though, it takes some people a little bit longer than others to do it.
On a side note, the cigarette that I smoked this morning made me physically ill.

You're doing REALLY well. And yeah that can happen. How soon after you woke up did you smoke it? I can't smoke when I first get up, if I do I will get sick. I have to wait for an hour or two. Get a couple of cups of tea into me first lol.

I'll be around for a couple more days. (or until this pack runs out).

AB I'm not little...nor am I weak :p run boy RUN.

Ashlar

Sorceror
A suggestion, if i may for helping with those intense craving moments.

Sour gummy worms.

The more sour the better. The intensity of the experience helps distract the mind from the craving and the puckering and sourness in the mouth helps to not want to experience it again.

Reward your cravings with sour and, in my experience, you wil crave less and less.

Hope this helps and good luck!

FireSoul

Wanderer
Ashlar;646223 said:
A suggestion, if i may for helping with those intense craving moments.

Sour gummy worms.

The more sour the better. The intensity of the experience helps distract the mind from the craving and the puckering and sourness in the mouth helps to not want to experience it again.

Reward your cravings with sour and, in my experience, you wil crave less and less.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Hmmm maybe. Of course I like lemons and limes (just eating them, and I like to put slices in water) but then if I remember the whole sour gummy experience it does not taste the same at all. The last time I quit I used Beeman's gum. It's pepsin gum, and has a very strong wintergreen like taste. You can't buy it here anymore. But maybe I can find some wintergreen candies.

HellRazor

Knight
Johabius;646030 said:

That's great Johabius. Progress is a good thing and this is definately progress!

I think the key is that once you hit a new goal, don't slide back from it. And if you do, don't give up.

Baby steps man, baby steps. They add up to big giant leaps!

HellRazor

Knight
I wouldn't really recommend this, but when I quit, here's what I did:

I went cold turkey. But I allowed myself a bit of snuff now and then. Yeah that stuff is nasty. But it also made it very easy for that to be a very temporary thing. I used that a small bit for the first 2 weeks and then I dropped it too. It just helped with the niccotine cravings.

I guess niccotine gum might serve the same purpose.

FireSoul

Wanderer
HellRazor;646240 said:
I wouldn't really recommend this, but when I quit, here's what I did:

I went cold turkey. But I allowed myself a bit of snuff now and then. Yeah that stuff is nasty. But it also made it very easy for that to be a very temporary thing. I used that a small bit for the first 2 weeks and then I dropped it too. It just helped with the niccotine cravings.

I guess niccotine gum might serve the same purpose.

My Granny used snuff, us grandkids used to argue over who got the *honor* of bringing her *the spit can*. That's so disgusting now it's funny as hell.

Joeku

Lord
FireSoul;646241 said:
My Granny used snuff, us grandkids used to argue over who got the *honor* of bringing her *the spit can*. That's so disgusting now it's funny as hell.
Yeah now they call it 'dip spit' ;/

I refused to give my friend my bottle to use for it lol...

Johabius

Knight
I really don't either, and I wrote it. Actually I think it goes back to one time when I was in High School. We were on some type of school sponsored road trip to somewhere about 5-6 hours away. I knew that sometime during the trip that I would need an infusion of nicotine. A Friend of mine offered me a dip, and when I asked if he had anything to spit in he said "real men swallow the spit".
I swallowed, then proceeded to get sick all over the back of the bus.
Yes, heart surgery is definitely studley...I really enjoyed all the attention that I was getting from the hot nurses at the Heart Hospital