RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ReRelease - Script Creator(fixed)

Marak

Sorceror
Ive put the Updates on hold for the rest of today, this program was never intended to be this big(they were going to be seperate - i only released them at the request of a mate) i have to redesign the core and the layout to suit more options. Hopefully ill have it done by tomorrow morning(im about 1/4 way thru now).

Please note if you are using Nightsight at the moment you have to manually edit the script to say NightSight, instead of Nightsight - ill fix that in the next release.

i dont know if uve noticed but when i used the editor and then closed it was still running in the backround when i looked at the processes in the task manager... i dunno if its jus me but it ate away alot of resources, more than it did when it was realling running... it could be jus my computer. but i thought i would let u know , it is a great tool i love it!

Phantom

Knight
Dio_elaclaire said:
i dont know if uve noticed but when i used the editor and then closed it was still running in the backround when i looked at the processes in the task manager... i dunno if its jus me but it ate away alot of resources, more than it did when it was realling running... it could be jus my computer. but i thought i would let u know , it is a great tool i love it!

This could be from alot of things, most likely a unclosed writter.

dwaynelm

Wanderer
I got the same thing 3 instances of it running in the back ground but I had double clicked the exe file and opened one too many with one already running.

Marak

Sorceror
Ive almost finished remaking it, you mean as in one of the #n's isnt closing phantom? ill have a look at the function calls thnx.

Marak

Sorceror
Dio_elaclaire said:

Ive tried repeating that, i cant - BUT one of my beta testers CAN. Now were not sure why this is happening - but hopefully i can get it fixed(im going to speak to a programmer with a LOT more experience than me later today - ill see if he has an idea about it).

Btw update is done, testing scripts now then ill upload it.

Marak

Sorceror
cuy782002 said:
cool lil tool but after i make some thing am i suposto add all the attrbutes or what

thx

Just enter in each field the value of the attributes - im uploading the new version now - it explains a little better than that one does.

GMLordDavid

Wanderer
could i

could i get the vb source code i beleve i could make it a little better if so ill share it with every 1 dont want any credit ... just something to toy with

Marak

Sorceror
GMLordDavid said:
could i get the vb source code i beleve i could make it a little better if so ill share it with every 1 dont want any credit ... just something to toy with e-mail me [email protected]

Im planning on releaseing the source after i finish it(at least get the main sections done) its still messy as hell atm, lots of sections commented out(for later implimentation etc)

cuy782002

Wanderer
Still not working

after i start it up the only thing i get is the spots to add the names in

and this is all i get when im done

// Created by Script Creator
// From Aries at Revenge of the Gods
using System;
using Server;
namespace Server.Items
{
public class DevilsHart : 0
{
[Constructable]
public DevilsHart()
{
Name = "DevilsHart";
}
public DevilsHart( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
{
}
public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
{
base.Serialize( writer );
writer.Write( (int) 0 );
}
public override void Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
{
base.Deserialize( reader );
int version = reader.ReadInt();
}
}
}

:confused:

Marak

Sorceror
The instructions.txt gives a step by step guide to getting the fields to come up - open it up and have a read. Makes more sense when youve gone over those.

Edit: BTW no updates tonight guys, ive got to work on the shards scripts and new graphics patch *sigh*

B3PbIB

Wanderer
Here you are :
Created By: Aries from Revenge of the Gods
You may freely distribute this program, as long as all files are included and no modifications are made to any of the files.
Ideas, Bugs - Email me at [email protected]

Update - Version 2.1
Ive added a reset button, if you have a problem with fields carrying over into the next item you create and causing errors, just click reset.

Update - Version 2.0
Yes i skipped a few sub versions - theres a whole new class in this one. You can now create Jewlery. Every effort has been made to ensure fields filled in during another item type do not carry over if you change type but keep an eye out until its been througly tested.

Update - Version 1.4
Fixed MORE errors concering armor(thankyou again Dwaynelm). Also ive decided NOT to include the resource field for now, as its only a hue mod and a name mod - ill concentrate on fixing the gremlins first.

Upate - Version 1.3
Fixed a few errors(concering armor)

Update - Version 1.1
Now Contains Armor(including SE Armor), and the fields for the next updates(although they are disabled)
It works the same as before, except now the mandatory fields are :
Item Type(click select, and make sure you click APPLY)
File Name
Item Name and
[Add name

Intro:
This program is designed for people who cannot script that well, ive distributed it to my staff so when they design a quest and want a custom item for it, they just use the program then send it all to me in one big file.

How To :
Using the program is pretty basic, just run it, fill in the fields you want(dont forget to fill in the 3 name fields - they have examples there already of how to name them) and press Create. It will create the file in the directory that the exe is in.

If you get a runtime error(as one of my testers did) he downloaded the file at:

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msstdfmt

to fix the problem.

cuy782002

Wanderer
nope still not working for me

these r the steps i take
start the rotg script creator
click the beging botton
go to select/pick what ever
fill in the ItemName.cs/"Item Name"/ItemName them r the only feilds i see to fill in
the bottons at the top r select/refresh/reset/creat/exit

so maybe the problum is on my end no idea

Marak

Sorceror
cuy782002 said:
nope still not working for me

these r the steps i take
start the rotg script creator
click the beging botton
go to select/pick what ever
fill in the ItemName.cs/"Item Name"/ItemName them r the only feilds i see to fill in
the bottons at the top r select/refresh/reset/creat/exit

so maybe the problum is on my end no idea

When you click 'show item options' after selecting a item type thats when it should show the fields on the right hand side of the window - if its not for you i cannot figure why... and you didnt get the .txt in the d/l? try downloading the file again...

Marak

Sorceror
Ive updated to version 2.5, added ranged weapons and Shields. Also cleaned up the code a bit - anyone have any requests(apart from monsters and quests - their going to take a while.).

Also Clothing may be removed for now - as i cannot really see the point, the only major options are Arcane, so i may just add certain types of clothes into the armor section(they can hold the same values except that one) with an optional condition for Arcane. Either way that one isnt too important.