RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ReRelease - Script Creator(fixed)

Marlberg

Wanderer
Marak said:
oh and to the guys who had problems with the last release(who i didnt reply to), i had to leave half way through that version due to a death in the family, so i never got the bugs ironed out in that one(although it was working perfectly in previous versions, maby someone can upload an old V if they have it - i dont anymore). Design has started, im testing out a few different things atm, should be able to get an alpha out in a week or so - any requests for this one?(it will include mondains support)

Found a bug in this latest release. BTW great little tool here
so here is the bug:

When creating a script it does just like its supposed to it creates the code all well and good so far but if you open up that c# script there is a Curly brace out of place. The curly brace is for the namespace tag and should go below it in the script but instead it pops up out of sequence between the namespace tag and the last item in the using directives area e.g.:

Code:
using Server.Items
{  [COLOR="Red"]// This tag is out of place[/COLOR]

namespace Server.Items
       [COLOR="Green"]//Should go here[/COLOR]
            public class MyChest:ChainChest
             {
                 [Constructable]
                 public class MyChest()
                 {

//implementation
                  }
              }
}

This does this whether its a mobile type and item type or a book type. I dont know how your source is implementing the grammar but you need to look at the grammar sections again to eliminate this little bug. it will keep the Invalid token in class struct etc errors people get to a minimum.

and a request for the next release of this tool? add the ArtifactRarity override?

The code should look like this when the tool is finished scripting it
Code:
public override int ArtifactRarity{ get {return nn; } }
//Where nn is the value from your tool window

Zotos

Sorceror
Not trying to bash this program but I wrote the same program back in jan 2005 and mine had nowhere near the problems this one is still having to this day. One thing i see with it is the base is off and should use the direct base (katana, dagger, etc, etc) I am not sure if the current runuo would have a problem but I know older versions would not let you repair items if they were not on the list of craftables.

Anyone interested in my project check out www.zotossoftware.com and look for zotos generators 1.0 tho I will be releasing 2.0 shortly after runuo does the same.

Marak

Sorceror
Not trying to bash yours(seriously! lol), mine is being updated to the latest atm(the current release is a beta - read up for more info the rest were perfect - no shit lol). If your updating yours pm me(or email - check my profile), should save us both some time if we work togeather.. balls in your court mate.

nicky2000

Wanderer
hey help plz

yo i made the script right... now it says "Script created" then i restart shard and type in the "Item name" and nothing pops up... help!? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Marak

Sorceror
Can a mod delete this thread please? Guys this version isnt workign as it should =- it was only half created before i was interrupted by a death in the family, im working on a new version atm so ill make a new thread when its done.

SevenEleven

Sorceror
The idea is great and Zotos Software made somethng similiar to this without all of the errors. Honestly, players that cant script should just look at the scripts other players made. This way, they can see what could be added and what not. Im always willing to help because i have tought myself how to script and ive done many good things for my shard.

These generators are bound to make errors not matter what the case. These script generators should just give you the base of the script and you should look through it and fix it. And i know there are some experts out there that can fix the generator in two seconds if they wanted to. But, the question is, what expert wants to fix a script generator that they dont need?

Erebus

Wanderer
Kinda new at this

Me and my friend have this shard and were kinda new at it. I downloaded your script thing but don't really understand it. Is there a certain place I have to put it?
:confused:

Twisted1851

Wanderer
B3PbIB said:
coll thx ! waiting for more... =))
but my RunUo conflicted with this line of code
WeaponAttributes.HitFireBall = N/A;
WeaponAttributes.HitLowerDefence = N/A;

i've just delete this and evrything is ok =)
btw, the attribute Hitlowerdefence needs to be HitLowerDefeND and the fireball thing needs to be WeaponAttributes.HitFireball = #;
just thought id point this out for u

Marak

Sorceror
Alright i am getting quite sick of this - THIS IS A HALF BUILT VERSION - i KNOW it isnt completed because i work way too much to finish this version, do NOT download it - ive asked for it to be removed. and to answer the question why i built it? because it generated over 100 random items(with selectable levels of ability) with under 10 clicks. Enough with the posts already - the next version will be released when i start working under 70 hours a week, until then use zoto's release if your that desperate.

Twisted1851

Wanderer
Tee312 said:
Heh.. ok.. very very stupid question :p
This sounds great and all.. so i tried it.. got it working.. but where does it send the file after its created? because i cant find the file.. so either im not looking in right place or its not being created :S
Just so you know, make a shortcut of the program on ur desktop, and it will place the created script RIGHT on your DESKTOP, which should solve your problem. :D