RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ridable Drakes/PolarBears complete with Ethereals for each

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rof

Wanderer
Ridable Drakes/PolarBears complete with Ethereals for each

Summary:

The topic of creating ridable drakes and polar bears has been covered many times by numerous posters, yet I was unable to locate all of the information required to complete this from any one thread. Therefore I decided to post this myself with everything needed to create them for your shard.

Description:

Scripts included:

RidableDrake.cs
RidablePolarBear.cs
PackDrake.cs
Ethereals.cs

New ethereals inlcude:

Drake, Polar Bear, and Hellsteed.

Installation:

In order to view the correct animations for the Ridable drakes, polar bears, and the new drake/polarbear ethereals you must download and have players patch the verdata.mul and tiledata.mul.

Replace Ethereals.cs script located in \Scripts\Mobiles\Animals\Mounts with the Ethereals.cs script below.

Save RidableDrake.cs, RidablePolarBear.cs, PackDrake.cs in your Custom folder.

Download the tiledata.mul and verdata.mul files from the following URLs:

Tiledata file in .rar format
Verdata file in .rar format

Usage:

Add spawns for custom drakes and polarbears.
[add EtherealDrake
[add EtherealPolarBear
[add EtherealHellsteed

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Ethereals.cs
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,189
  • PackDrake.cs
    3 KB · Views: 991
  • RidablePolarBear.cs
    2 KB · Views: 1,093
  • RideableDrake.cs
    2.4 KB · Views: 1,177
just one question

Ok ive never had to use a new verdata or tiledata or any other replacement file like custom maps an shit i was avoiding that cuz i dont want ppl to have to patch to play my shard but that is mostly just for mules now do i just replace my existing ver and tiledatas with these? also if a script requires special tile and verdata like say the cards for the gambling npc how would i use both can i combine the m somehow?

Rof

Wanderer
evil lord kirby said:
Ok ive never had to use a new verdata or tiledata or any other replacement file like custom maps an shit i was avoiding that cuz i dont want ppl to have to patch to play my shard but that is mostly just for mules now do i just replace my existing ver and tiledatas with these? also if a script requires special tile and verdata like say the cards for the gambling npc how would i use both can i combine the m somehow?

The verdata file included for download functions perfectly with the gambler npc. If for some reason you need to merge your tiledata files you can utilize MUOTool which can be downloaded from MUOTool .

Hope that helps.

caolan

Wanderer
I seem to be the only one struggling with this but I tried to extract the .rar files using WinRAR but it comes up with an error reading 'unexpected method'. any ideas as to how I can get round this, I have already used about 3 different download sources. thanks...

batarex

Sorceror
just curious but someone told me that the new OSI expansion will have ridable dragons anyone know anything about this if so no reason for all the verdat mess unless you really want ridable bears

brimnon

Wanderer
Ok a clueless person always has to post here I am. After I DL those Verdata and Tiledata files where do I put em?

TileData/Verdata

this file TileData.mul & Verdata.mul are for patching your shard.
tile data is found in your UO2d folder, verdata well thats another storie.
I suggest NOT messing with, unless u know what u are doing, in 2D folder.cause if u do change original game files, this could effect ANY shard u go to.
Just my oppionion :D

Hello i would like some help plz i have no clue how to patch somthing so it downloads when the person click my shard any help would be nice

Lil Mario

Wanderer
ok u go to your shard setting on uogateway.com and add the url to the tiledata and verdata in 2 seperate patch lines and when they open ur server they should download.

Gandalf555

Wanderer
you need to make a website and post the files in there. there are some free sites that you can get with only a little information. some are:
www.freewebs.com
www.webspawner.com

personally i recommend free webs because its the easiest. when you finally get your site and put the files on there just put a link to each of the files on your uog, and keep the patch version as 1. hope that helps.

B

bean-head

ok for some reason after the updates and such my samurai helmet isnt showing on my body, it will show in pack and on ground but not on my head for some reason. any answers?

Malechai

Wanderer
Does this patch have all the tiles for the drake and polar bear there. the one i have is missing some. If not anty suggestions on how to get the tiles added i am missing. Thanx

ty

ok i know u stick the files on a website i use freewebs.combut when i get it on there it ask me if i want to make the item as a desktopitem i ckick yes the it give me a web thang that lookes all fuked up but i use it them i place it in the patch thang in uogateway.com for my shard it dont work it says somthing like couldnt find the patch file or somthing like that any help would be nice ty :eek: :eek:

turbochaos

Wanderer
bean-head said:
ok for some reason after the updates and such my samurai helmet isnt showing on my body, it will show in pack and on ground but not on my head for some reason. any answers?

Don't know what you did exactly, but be very carefull when messing with mul files, and always save backups first. Anyway, the only problem i'm having is that I can't seem to mount the pack drake. I realize most pack animals are not mountable but I thought that was the purpose of this one. If you could mount it by double clicking it and open its pack by selecting "open pack" by single clicking that would be excellent.

B

bean-head

so why the heck did my samurai helmet disappear after the updates, didnt mess with a single thing

Malechai

Wanderer
ok when you download each file and you extract them you get a folder called verdata, tiledata. and hues. Each of these are in a folder. what you have to do is take the files out of their folders and make a .rar archive off of the files themselves. That way uogateway sees the files aqs .MUL files extracts them and applies the patches you want. UO Gateway doesn't see past folders although thed fdiles it is looking for are there. Hope i didn't confuse you more . :)

darkoverlord

Sorceror
Hmmm

Any idea why in 3d mode the drake and polar bear turns into a brown horse when mounted? Same with the ethereals for polarbears and drakes... the undead mount is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.