RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 1.0.0 in testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom

Knight
futureland said:
sorry, my server console version runuo 1.0 rc0

and faction system not detected bugs.

lol :-P

Since your not using the system thats Official I know for a fact it has bugs, and its not complete.

There has never been a complete and highly tested Faction system released before.

Anyone who claims to have one, is using the incomplete systems made by the same loser who claimed to have plans to release the source to runuo and make it better.

Of course this so called programmer lied to everyone he talked to.

Jarrod

Sorceror
:/

futureland:

if you know your scripting so well that you are 100% sure that your faction system has no bugs, then your scripting is also good enough to be able to update to 1.0.0 and not have to worry about the distro factions system. The only excuse to not be able to accomplish that task is laziness. None of us here in this forum can help you with your laziness.

Of course, if you dont know how to script, and wont be able to install 1.0.0 and script around the factions, then maybe you need more practice before adding advanced scripts to your shard. Distro is distro, take it and be creative, or leave it.

Basically it boils down to: You are either lazy, or incompetent (thats a bit harsh though, i couldnt think of another word for it at the moment) when it comes to scripting.

the only person that can help you with either of these problems is you yourself.

Ingvarr

Wanderer
Ryan said:
If you have shard that you would like to have test 1.0.0 please feel free to email me with the information about your shard and why you'd like to help test it before its released.

I presume by "email" you've meant "PM"? Because you have no mail in your profile.

I will tell you exactly what he is saying, same thing I was cussing at 18 months ago. I was in a hurry whacked out a guarenteed gain system and added it to the player mobile. Low and behold if the core did not release just about the same thing (better written I might add) but causing me to delete all my players characters.

What he is doing is pleading for his shards life. Cause if he is running that version of factions, the damage durring the upgrade will be severe. In fact he might be better off doing a wipe. So you see he is "For Factions Not I'm. Destroy his shard it will." sorry that is my best Yoda impression.

Phantom

Knight
silverwolfe said:
I will tell you exactly what he is saying, same thing I was cussing at 18 months ago. I was in a hurry whacked out a guarenteed gain system and added it to the player mobile. Low and behold if the core did not release just about the same thing (better written I might add) but causing me to delete all my players characters.

What he is doing is pleading for his shards life. Cause if he is running that version of factions, the damage durring the upgrade will be severe. In fact he might be better off doing a wipe. So you see he is "For Factions Not I'm. Destroy his shard it will." sorry that is my best Yoda impression.

People don't worry about Factions.

They don't modify the Playermobile serilzation even if they did, you can merge the changes and it would work.

Its your fault for using Factions when you were told not to do it. I hope every shard that used those systems have to wipe their shard.

I worked to hard for some losers to a years work.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Why is everything about factions? We might be a little off-topic here...
No offense to you Phantom, but:
A. lighten up--go take a Valium or something...
B. why do we care about factions so much?

I'm sure it's a wonderful system and that people have worked hard on it, but the truth is you'd have to be a large shard (in my understanding) to implement it and it mean anything to the gameplay.

So...for my smaller shard, I don't really want to bother with it. I don't care if I get it or not.

Which is not to say I'm going to remove it, but that it won't do anything for my gameplay.
Summary: stop treating factions like a be all and end all--for some people it isn't.

Nagash

Sorceror
The only thing that I got from here is that I can't understand whats this "futuresomething" guy is saying. Maybe I really suck at english?
Ah...I'll surely be very interested to test this new version and have the release as soon as possible (gee, I almost forgot what the topic was about).

Lysdexic

Sorceror
Ryan said:
If you have shard that you would like to have test 1.0.0 please feel free to email me with the information about your shard and why you'd like to help test it before its released.

That just screws scripters who have no interest in making their own shard.

Nagash

Sorceror
Lysdexic: I believe Ryan is talking about the test version BEFORE the actual version is released? To test it for bugs?

cfaust

Wanderer
There have been a countless number of folks that have been begging for factions; some went out and got some scripts just to have barely working factions, others such as me and you don't give a flip about factions either because we don't want them, or we don't need them with the size of our player bases. The subject of factions has become an irritation to a lot of people as of late because of the controversy it has caused. The irritation leads to frustration, through some people's greed to have factions before they were supported by the core, this will lead to even more frustration and a ton of complaints of which aren't supported via the RunUO forums. In my opinion I think that's why Phantom feels the way he does, and quite frankly I don't blame him; I'm just tired of the bashing and complaints about factions, not to mention the begging that has gone on. For your statement on the size of the shard and the use of factions, from what I've read thus far, you are correct in your assumption, factions won't benifit a smaller shard.

As far as I'm concerned with people using the wrong faction system as mentioned in this thread; I'm going to have to take Phantom's side on that, based on history, futureland jumped the gun to build an uber elite shard instead of checking and planning first. If he loses his characters due to a wipe, I'm afraid that I would say "That's what you get." I had to do a wipe just to get rid of the dovPlayerMobiles. It's a fact of RunUO life, add a major package that affects PlayerMobile and you are asking for trouble, unless you are the greatest scripter alive.

I am thankful for RunUO, the new Release that is pending, and the community here at RunUO; a big thank you goes out to all the folks that helped to make RunUO 1.0.0 possible, you have done nothing but great work since the beginning and I look forward to the longevity that RunUO will enjoy.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
I am thankful for RunUO, the new Release that is pending, and the community here at RunUO; a big thank you goes out to all the folks that helped to make RunUO 1.0.0 possible, you have done nothing but great work since the beginning and I look forward to the longevity that RunUO will enjoy.
Hear hear. I also agree that you shouldn't use "unsupported" major systems. I feel sorry for the people that did, but don't think we should be overly worried about it. As for futureland--sorry bro...you're gonna have some fun times ahead.

For Phantom:
I'm sure you did an excellent job on your scripts, and I look forward to trying them out.

LordHogFred

Knight
Phantom said:
Future please don't post your "signature" your not allowed to do that. I have already reported it to a moderator, so feel free to direct complaints to them.

Also your so called "Faction" system is bugged and not complete.

Enjoy the bugs, and the fact you won't be able to use the non-buggy version.

Phantom said:
Please he can't even follow the rules, thus based on that fact, he isn't good enough to write his own Factions.

I know exactly what version he is using, same version that is known to be buggy.

Oooo, double posting by Phantom :eek:

Sorry only joking no harm meant :p

stormwolff

Knight
Lysdexic said:
That just screws scripters who have no interest in making their own shard.

Nobody is getting screwed. Some shards just get to help work out the bugs before the release. If all goes as planned and you don't have a shard all you have to do is wait 9 more days for the planned release date of 1.0.0. Keeping in mind they posted 1/14/05 as a tentative date for release in irc.

Syntax-Error

Wanderer
What progress are we supposed to be making.. my input.. tho im prolly wrong. i think hes saying he dosnt want factions released because he already has them. and he dosnt want to the the "edge" that gives his server for playerbase. if all servers have it.. then people will play on (better run) other servers.

then again i could be talking BS

Quantos

Lord
cfaust said:
There have been a countless number of folks that have been begging for factions; some went out and got some scripts just to have barely working factions, others such as me and you don't give a flip about factions either because we don't want them, or we don't need them with the size of our player bases. The subject of factions has become an irritation to a lot of people as of late because of the controversy it has caused. The irritation leads to frustration, through some people's greed to have factions before they were supported by the core, this will lead to even more frustration and a ton of complaints of which aren't supported via the RunUO forums. In my opinion I think that's why Phantom feels the way he does, and quite frankly I don't blame him; I'm just tired of the bashing and complaints about factions, not to mention the begging that has gone on. For your statement on the size of the shard and the use of factions, from what I've read thus far, you are correct in your assumption, factions won't benifit a smaller shard.

As far as I'm concerned with people using the wrong faction system as mentioned in this thread; I'm going to have to take Phantom's side on that, based on history, futureland jumped the gun to build an uber elite shard instead of checking and planning first. If he loses his characters due to a wipe, I'm afraid that I would say "That's what you get." I had to do a wipe just to get rid of the dovPlayerMobiles. It's a fact of RunUO life, add a major package that affects PlayerMobile and you are asking for trouble, unless you are the greatest scripter alive.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

ASKith

Wanderer
in my experience there is always a changelog posted on these forums with each release, in addition to it being included in the download package.

kethoth

Page
im a gm on the shard that lysdexic scripts for currently. we arent using factions due to a smaller player base. instead we are using some of the items and ideas of factions and gearing them toward order/chaos guildwarfare. just a little alternative for smaller shards.

Status
Not open for further replies.