RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 1.0.0 in testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

drneg88

Wanderer
I personally think Phantom is doing his best on factions, and we should let things play out as they may, they are busy on testing them for bugs. Customization is always an after affect to a great script, and im sure he will help you later if u ask nicley

Phantom

Knight
drneg88 said:
I personally think Phantom is doing his best on factions, and we should let things play out as they may, they are busy on testing them for bugs. Customization is always an after affect to a great script, and im sure he will help you later if u ask nicley

Factions have been complete

For the 4th+ time Factions have not held the release up, other improvemtents have.

Chandral

Wanderer
I feel for Ryan. He posted this in hopes of getting some shard's attention in helping with testing for bugs, but instead got alot of "crap" regarding factions. I do believe folks are missing the point of this thread. It's not about "understanding" some fool's post, it's not about "factions", it's not about changelogs, it IS about bug testing.

Just had to throw in my two cents worth in hopes of getting this back on track.

cfaust

Wanderer
My shard is too small to test something of this magnatude, I merely jumped in to defend some folks that are probably getting tired of repeating themselves. Role Playing shards don't seem to be as popular as log in, macro, build your skills up and go smack other players around. Do not take that out of context, because the shards themselves aren't normally like that, it's a core of players that bring that to any shard.

Phantom

Knight
Its also not personal if you didn't get picked to test it.

They have just worked with certain admins for awhile and trust them to report bugs t o them

This is to every player within those shards that disliked that a smaller shard, was able to test factions.

NATE

Wanderer
Personally, I took my whole shard down as of BETA 36 in anticipation of Version 1. As i wanted to wait till i got a hold of the things I couldn't create on my own. All the work the core Development team have put in *including Factions* will be most welcome regardless of whichever systems I implament in the future.
On a side note; Phantom, "Thoes who can; Teach"

cfaust

Wanderer
I didn't even "try" to send an email; I wouldn't ever have been able to find any real bugs with the small player base I have.

On a side note; Phantom "Keep teaching as you always have, it's more educational."

Tartaros

Wanderer
sorry for the offtopic again, maybe no one cares anymore, but I think that it needs to be said what actually the Future* boy was trying to express.
It wasnt at all about converting his factions script to the official one.
I would say that he has some more or less working script for them and thinks that once there is an official version for everyone, it will make his shard less unique and thus also less appealing for players. This may seem odd but the general idea is not so wrong... The less the admins of shards must do in order to have a good and running shards, the more shards will exist (which will be all basically the same, but still not too bad because the out-of-the-box server itself is not bad) and the less players there will be left for the individual shards. This of course applies to every feature, not just the factions, and is simply matter of fact you can not deny.

Nagash

Sorceror
I think that future guy's appealing is simply pointless. Everybody knew that factions system would be implemented soon. If he decided to use a buggy faction system and has all the attractive of his shard based on that....I will have to say, "who cares?"
It is expected from the RunUO DevTeam that they release everything to be as close do OSI as possible, and this INCLUDES a working faction system. If you want your shard to be truly unique, you won't achieve that by merely copying OSI stuff cause everyone that plays there can do that. You should also not overdo "custom shit" that will often either:
1) Unbalance the game
2)Have lots of exploits
3) Have shard breaking leaks
4) Will make your shard more colored than a rainbow
5) Will make your shard looks like a freak show
6) Will look so custom and "adjusted" that will look ugly
7)Etc....
If you want your shard to be unique, be creative. The addition of factions system will only make it possible for those who want to use a good and working faction system THUS, it was expected.
If you are looking for a unique shard...script some nice NPCs with interesting abilities. Make some expansion on crafts and rares. Create some new unique interesting quests. Have a good track of exploiters and players who ruinothers fun. Be picky about your staff team and have some way to keep their actions on track too. If a shard's attractive is based on a buggy faction system, I am really happy that this "attractive feature" will not exist anymore.
I am very happy that the DevTeam is putting the effort in making RunUO as close do OSI as possible. I probably will never use the faciton system, but I am happy that is there for those who want and if for any reason I need it or might find some parte of its scripts interesting. Having every OSI feature on the RunUO distribution will only spare us the time to script all that and give us the time to concentrate on something new or in improving the OSI features. I don't know why peoeple is complaining about that. Really, it's pointless.
I must say I am curious to see the changelog of this new release of RunUO. Positively curious.
I just hope that all the bugs are fixed as soon as possible and some furious moderator lock this so that we all stop talking about the faction system.

KhaoZ

Sorceror
Me and a friend converted a old version of factions from 31 to 1.0 but no matter what the faction titles wont auto update and the sigils were broken it actualy works accept for the tittles its close to the same one as uogamers but we chose nto to use it beacuse we can wait tell the one RUNUO is making is out. The only way to fly is to do what seems smart Remember "Work smarter not harder" I could spend a month trying to get this broken ass script to work or wait a day or 2 more. anyway my 2 cents sorry ;)

HellRazor

Knight
I can't believe this thread is announcing opportunities to test RunUO 1.0.0 before release and all anyone wants to talk about is an off-topic post by some guy on page 1. :p

Voran

Wanderer
I'm so looking forward to the new release, even though it means a load of work for me to update. I've chosen to customise a load of scripts, and the price for that is usually a day+ spent updating scripts. It's the price you pay for major changes, and IMHO it's worth it.

I only have a small playerbase, but I'm looking forward to playing with the Factions code. Whether or not I use it in the end, I'm still indebted to Phantom and co for writing it.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how some of the SE spells are implemented, and to seeing what new functions are added. There's nothing more fun than seeing what you can make with new things like the Mutated Speach and the Solid Hue override.

Thank you to all the devs for constatly producing such a top-notch product that gives many of us countless hours of fun scripting!

Nagash

Sorceror
Ryan said:
RunUO 1.0.0 has gone into testing!! Tonight it was applied to UO Gamers: Hybrid and will be applied during the next maintenence window for UO Gamers: Demise!!

UO Gamers: Hybrid can be found at www.uogamers.com and UO Gamers: Demise (SE Shard) can be found at www.uodemise.com for your viewing pleasure. We are planning on ironing out any bugs we might find and getting this release ready for "Prime Time" as quickly as possible.

If you have shard that you would like to have test 1.0.0 please feel free to email me with the information about your shard and why you'd like to help test it before its released.

Thanks for the continued support!

Oppiet30: I believe this is what Ryan is saying?

ditmar

Wanderer
Phantom said:
Its also not personal if you didn't get picked to test it.

They have just worked with certain admins for awhile and trust them to report bugs t o them

This is to every player within those shards that disliked that a smaller shard, was able to test factions.

I would feel honored if my shard was chosen for testing purposes but won't be laying awake in my bed if we aren't.

cfaust

Wanderer
mr_wuss said:
and its turned into a Phantom vs. random flame war

hip hip horay

anyhow, Nice work dev team!
They always pick on Phantom, it's starting to become a hobby to want to pick on those that wish to flame Phantom :)

NATE said:
On a side note; Phantom, "Thoes who can; Teach"
I may have taken NATEs comment out of context, but I myself did not appreciate the tone it seemed to have taken, Phantom is working full projects, spends some time over here helping out and people can't get a grip when he forces them to user thier brains. Phantom is one of the non-staff citizens of the RunUO community that has made it better. I don't see that many people holding a candle to Phantom's work other than the dev team, there are some community members that do, but Phantom always comes under fire no matter what he does.

I apologize to all for jumping off in to the deep end. Now to kinda get back on the rails so to speak, for those of you who did send Ryan an email and did get accepted to test 1.0.0 congratulations, again I did not apply with a playerbase that gets no more than 10 people on, 5 average to include at least one staff member I did not see the point in wasting Ryan's time. I've kept my shard open for nearly 3 years (Ran POL before RunUO) for those 10 people that stick around and enjoy it.

Congratulations to the development team for reaching this point in RunUO history.

Status
Not open for further replies.