RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Courageous True Line of Sight

Zog'stoul

Wanderer
I'm sorry, I fell on to this system lately. I have an easy question for you guys. In the installation procedures, you note that we have to put Config.xml in the runtime Data directory. If I'm using Visual Studio 2005 to compile the source, where exactly does that refer to?

Thanks ahead of time, sorry if this is seen as bumping old stuff.

Courageous

Wanderer
The "runtime" directory is the same directory in which Server.exe lives. I'm not sure if my instructions are out of date or what (I didn't look), however in my current install, Config.xml lives in $RUNUO_HOME/Data/LOS/Config.xml. If that doesn't work for you, I can peak at the code (or you can).

C//

Zog'stoul

Wanderer
Oh ok, I get it. I was trying to put it somewhere with my source. Thanks, I didn't try it but I'm supposing I have it ok now.

Courageous

Wanderer
Zog'stoul;721557 said:
Oh ok, I get it. I was trying to put it somewhere with my source. Thanks, I didn't try it but I'm supposing I have it ok now.

Let me know how it goes. The system has a few warts here and there, but for the most part should work without behaving evilly. I recall there being some issue with Razor, but I think it's been fixed. Been a while since I worked on this. :)

Liacs

Sorceror
I am a bit confused now. Does it work under the last SVN? Are you going to udate it for the next RUNUO release? I would love to have this feature. It looks awesome, but I am hesitating still as it is quite some work to set up.

Courageous

Wanderer
I will update it with the next RunUO formal release. I've not kept it up with the various SVN releases, as any change to Mobile or Map and I'd have to create another version. That's insanity. :)

C//

Zog'stoul

Wanderer
I'm actually using RC1, and although I've recompiled my source with the LOS in it, it doesn't seem to be working in game. The Config.xml file says it's on... anything else I might've forgotten?

JeBu

Sorceror
can you guys private msg me live shards which are using this script. sounds really interesting and i would like to see it in use

Zog'stoul

Wanderer
Oh!!! never mind! Sytem working fine I was admin :eek:

This is by far the most innovative system I've seen on these forums. Nice job.

Courageous

Wanderer
Zog'stoul;721696 said:
Oh!!! never mind! Sytem working fine I was admin :eek:

This is by far the most innovative system I've seen on these forums. Nice job.

Thank you. Let me know if you find any warts. The only remaining one that I know of for sure is that there are some specific cases where you can see, when you're not supposed to, out through the corner of a building. Because of performance issues, I've elected to live with that one.

There were weird wall cases early on but they should be fixed.

There have been cases with stutter, but those shouldn't pop up again unless EA does something funny with their client and/or protocols.

2.0 RC1 is what it is for until they release the formal 2.0, at which point I'll validate it again. I believe that there have been minor inconsistent tweaks to Mobile and Map that will make me give them the once over, but don't expect too much in the way of trouble.

C//

Solinari555

Wanderer
Already compiled .exe?

Anyone have a compiled EXE with this sytem? For some odd reason, every time I try to compile it my computer locks up.

TURIS

Wanderer
I've a problem..(sorry for bad English)

Code:
Impossibile applicare l'operatore '!' all'operando di tipo 'void'. (CS0023) - C:Documents and SettingsJaffioDocumentiSharpDevelop ProjectsZenexia CoreCoreMobile.cs:3750,14
Impossibile convertire in modo implicito il tipo 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Server.Gumps.Gump>' in 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Server.Gumps.Gump>'. È presente una conversione esplicita. Probabilmente manca un cast. (CS0266) - C:Documents and SettingsJaffioDocumentiSharpDevelop ProjectsZenexia CoreCoreMobile.cs:6622,24
Impossibile convertire in modo implicito il tipo 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Server.Gumps.Gump>' in 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Server.Gumps.Gump>'. È presente una conversione esplicita. Probabilmente manca un cast. (CS0266) - C:Documents and SettingsJaffioDocumentiSharpDevelop ProjectsZenexia CoreCoreMobile.cs:6580,24
Impossibile convertire in modo implicito il tipo 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Server.Gumps.Gump>' in 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Server.Gumps.Gump>'. È presente una conversione esplicita. Probabilmente manca un cast. (CS0266) - C:Documents and SettingsJaffioDocumentiSharpDevelop ProjectsZenexia CoreCoreMobile.cs:6513,24
'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Server.Gumps.Gump>' non contiene una definizione per 'Remove'. (CS0117) - C:Documents and SettingsJaffioDocumentiSharpDevelop ProjectsZenexia CoreCoreMobile.cs:6593,16
'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Server.Gumps.Gump>' non contiene una definizione per 'Remove'. (CS0117) - C:Documents and SettingsJaffioDocumentiSharpDevelop ProjectsZenexia CoreCoreMobile.cs:6552,24

I use Sharpdevolp 2.2 and RunUO 2.0 Rc2 Source

Tiamat13

Sorceror
Courageous;721621 said:
I will update it with the next RunUO formal release. I've not kept it up with the various SVN releases, as any change to Mobile or Map and I'd have to create another version. That's insanity. :)

C//

Now that the formal release of RunUO 2.0 is out, are you going to update this awesome system?

No Rush, just checking to see if I should plan for it!

Gembone

Wanderer
Turis,

I don't believe this system works on RC2 yet. Hopefully Courageous will have a chance to update it soon.

Although I have not tried it yet for myself. still trying to get all my script mods re-implemented into rc2.

Macil

Sorceror
I've tried so many times to get this system to work. Right now I don't care if I ever get it to work or not. I was just wondering if someone could submit a screen shot so I can at LEAST see what it looks like when it DOES work, heh. Please. :D

Courageous

Wanderer
Well; the screen shot would show nothing, you know. Like.... look what you can't see, bud. :)

Although seriously, it could be done with two clients. :)

I could possibly update to RC2, yes. I will see if I can make some time this weekend. I have been under an avalanche workload at work lately.

C//

Macil

Sorceror
Courageous;741966 said:
Well; the screen shot would show nothing, you know. Like.... look what you can't see, bud. :)

Although seriously, it could be done with two clients. :)

I could possibly update to RC2, yes. I will see if I can make some time this weekend. I have been under an avalanche workload at work lately.

C//

I may be under the wrong understanding of what this system does then. What is blocked by line of sight? The actual map (Like in the game NOX, or just what creatures may be standing there?

JeBu

Sorceror
is this system in action at some shard? maybe someone could pm me if you are using this system on your shard or tell here.

TURIS

Wanderer
I've found an error on the sml spawner2...

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2990.34882
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 2 warnings)
Errors:
 + VARIE/Vari System/XML Spawner/XmlSpawner2.cs:
    CS0029: Line 9785: Impossibile convertire implicitamente il tipo 'System.Col
lections.ArrayList' in 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Server.Tile>'.
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

I do not understand but where it is the indicted part and what to modify of map.cs or in xmlspawne2r.cs

Code:
#if(RUNUO2RC1)
			ArrayList tiles = map.GetTilesAt(new Point2D(X, Y), true, true, true);
#else
            List<Server.Tile> tiles = map.GetTilesAt(new Point2D(X, Y), true, true, true);
#endif
            if (tiles == null) return false;

this is the line..