RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Courageous True Line of Sight

Myth``

Wanderer
Courageous;773455 said:
If it disconnects if LOS is off, LOS is probably not the problem, unless there is an error somewhere where LOS is not properly checking the los is on variable.
I stripped down the LOS code from the core and it worked fine without DC's. So, whatever it is, its somewhere in the LOS code but its gonna be hard to detect as there is no error message...
Also I noticed that if the number of items is really high, I get DC on connect.

Tylius

Sorceror
Myth``;773632 said:
I stripped down the LOS code from the core and it worked fine without DC's. So, whatever it is, its somewhere in the LOS code but its gonna be hard to detect as there is no error message...
Also I noticed that if the number of items is really high, I get DC on connect.

I'm confused, in your previous post you had stated: "Edit2: Disconnects even if LOS is off.", which is it?

b0b01

Sorceror
Tylius;773640 said:
I'm confused, in your previous post you had stated: "Edit2: Disconnects even if LOS is off.", which is it?

It disconnects with and without the LOS system, probably the client can't handle that many item packets or can't render it fast enough.

Myth``

Wanderer
Tylius;773640 said:

The system can be disabled or enabled. The client gets DC either way. The core built without the LOS code works fine. so the problem is somewhere within the LOS code.

Edit:

b0b01;773641 said:
It disconnects with and without the LOS system, probably the client can't handle that many item packets or can't render it fast enough.
I don't think thats the case, otherwise it would DC anyway, with or without the LOS System.

Courageous

Wanderer
Looking at the code in Mobile.cs, it would appear that turning LOS off does not fully protect Mobile.cs from the code changes in the system. Looking at what's present in Mobile, and the indefinite nature of the problem, I can see that I won't be able to support fixing this any time soon. Perhaps if someone could figure out what, exactly, is disconnecting the client...

C//

Tylius

Sorceror
Myth``;773664 said:
The system can be disabled or enabled. The client gets DC either way. The core built without the LOS code works fine. so the problem is somewhere within the LOS code.

Edit:

I don't think thats the case, otherwise it would DC anyway, with or without the LOS System.

Ahhh sorry, I assumed that you meant with the code removed, my misunderstanding!

Edit: Also, in my merged files @ ((http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-...-courageous-true-line-sight-6.html#post767216)) I believe I put in proper #if LOS etc, so that if it's turned off in the source then it won't affect anything. (I believe, it's been a while since I merged them though)

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
I know this is a pretty old thread, but this is the first time I've ever actually bothered trying this system. Installed it on my modded 2.1 sa svn, and it works great. I think it should be a default feature, just adds more realism and surprise to the game. Never know what is around the corner. =D

Iraq-

Sorceror
I want to use this system.. but the post referring to the large amount of mysteriously created items has me worried.

m309

Squire
Pure Insanity, which dl version did you use to merge for 2.1? We're using client 7.0.7.1 and if possible and want to use the best set of files for 2.1 and our client. Thanks for any reply.

Paradyme

Page
I get this error upon compiling the core, have fixed all the other references to static tiles and land tiles:

PHP:
Server\LOS\LOS.cs(798,13): error CS1502: The best overloaded method match for
        'Server.LOS.LineOfSight.IsInvalidLandTile(Server.StaticTile)' has some
        invalid arguments
Server\LOS\LOS.cs(798,32): error CS1503: Argument '1': cannot convert from
        'Server.LandTile' to 'Server.StaticTile'
Press any key to continue . . .

Using 2.2 SVN 765

This is the method in question:

PHP:
public bool IsVizBlockingInvalidLand( LandTile landTile, StaticTile[] staticTiles, int x, int y )
    {
        if( IsInvalidLandTile( landTile ) )
        {
            if( staticTiles.Length == 0 )
            {
                if( !ContainsVisibleItem( x, y ) )
                {
                    return true;
                }
            }
        }

return false;
    }

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Pretty sure it's complaining about the IsInvalidLandTile() method and not the one you mention.

Try replacing the method with this one.

Code:
private bool IsInvalidLandTile( LandTile tile )
    {
        int id = tile.ID;

int[] invalidLandTiles = Map.InvalidLandTiles;

for ( int i = 0; i < invalidLandTiles.Length; i++ )
            if( id == invalidLandTiles[i] )
                return true;

return false;
    }

Seems your's is messed up and is StaticTile tile, instead of LandTile. Try this and let me know if it works.