RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Courageous True Line of Sight

Courageous

Wanderer
Macil;742179 said:
I may be under the wrong understanding of what this system does then. What is blocked by line of sight? The actual map (Like in the game NOX, or just what creatures may be standing there?

Creatures and items.

TURIS

Wanderer
I Have found this problem

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2990.33111
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...Error:
System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Impossibile caricare uno o più ti
pi richiesti. Per ulteriori informazioni, recuperare la proprietà LoaderExceptio
ns.
   in System.Reflection.Module._GetTypesInternal(StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   in System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
   in Server.Core.VerifySerialization(Assembly a)
   in Server.Core.VerifySerialization()
   in Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug, Boolean cache)
   in Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

JeBu

Sorceror
uh nobody using this? iv tried ask this earlier and also checked peoples profiles if they have links to their shards, but no. so if its illegal let me know where some shard names/links please pm me, i would like to see this system in action. dont have to be big playerbase just that its in use "live shard"

Courageous

Wanderer
JeBu;742654 said:
uh nobody using this? iv tried ask this earlier and also checked peoples profiles if they have links to their shards, but no. so if its illegal let me know where some shard names/links please pm me, i would like to see this system in action. dont have to be big playerbase just that its in use "live shard"

I simply do not know who is using it. Take Random Encounters. That's used pretty often. And yet I still don't know who. These folks don't communicate with me generally, or if they do we don't talk about their shards.

C//

HellRazor

Knight
Courageous;742723 said:
I simply do not know who is using it. Take Random Encounters. That's used pretty often. And yet I still don't know who. These folks don't communicate with me generally, or if they do we don't talk about their shards.

C//

So they are not in your....line of sight?

* Badda Boom *

Thank you, ladies and germs, I'll be here all week.

JeBu

Sorceror
Courageous;742723 said:

C//

and i guess you dont have shard running? :) pretty obvious but asking anyway.

Courageous

Wanderer
JeBu;742860 said:
and i guess you dont have shard running? :) pretty obvious but asking anyway.

I've been known to start one up in the past with just my systems on it, but I've just been so terribly busy lately. I told someone recently it was like 60 hours a week. Thinking on it, it's maybe a lot more.

I run a systems technology research group for a top 10 defense company.
I also operate a data center test facility, as well as engineering oversight for a several million dollar capital investment budget.

When I can come up for air, I will forward port LOS to RC2. When that happens I'll advertise the shard (which really isn't much of a shard), and let interested parties come in and play GM to see what the system does. That's what I did when I first created it.

I'm hopeful I will have more time soon, as I have new hires finally coming on board...

C//

Steelcap

Sorceror
I have the system implimented on my shard, unfortunately it isnt open to public yet but the internal testing has extremely positive results so far.

Courageous

Wanderer
Well you are a first. Someone who is willing to work a little. PM me if there is any issue at all. I will personally log into your shard to check things out and make code fixes for you if need be.

I think the notes say, but there are a couple of known quirks. I've seen it misbehave with Razor (fixed... I think) and because of the optimization algorithm there are chances of seeing what you are not supposed to see when you are standing in a corner. I.e., if you are inside a house, in the corner, you may sometimes see "thru" the corner and outside of the house, in a few funny places. There is no fix for this that offers performance, so there will be no fix.

C//

Tru

Knight
I actually have it compiled into 285 (with the crash tracker) but I havent had time to update. I'd be willing to share. PM Me.

BOESewicht

Wanderer
Would anybody who has a running version for RunUO 2.0 RC2 or later, pleas be so kind to make it possible to download the scripts.
I already send a pm to Tru nearly a month ago but untill now i didn't get any responce from him.

Courageous

Wanderer
I did some benching at some time, largely to make sure that it was tractable. It's tractable. The main thing is to make sure you allocate it memory. It can use everything you can give it... make sure to give it plenty. Many 10's of megabytes, I would say, as a first offer. :)

If this won't work, all I can say is that: nothing will. I believe (and have some reason to believe) that this is the world's most highly optimized 2d line of site algorithm. If this won't work: no line of site for you.

As for how it looks, it looks like you're not seeing anyone. :)

C//

Myth``

Wanderer
Howdy.

First of all, i wanna congratulate you on the great system. I've been using it for sometime now and I've came across with a problem, but other than that it works fine.

If an area has many items (static or not movable) the client disconnects, like walking through a non frozen big building. I have no idea why this happens tho, but on the server side it just shows player disconnected.
Any idea what might it be?

Edit: Also, if I use the move command on an npc, it looks as if he wasn't moved at all until he finally walks.
Edit2: Disconnects even if LOS is off.

Thanks

Courageous

Wanderer
If it disconnects if LOS is off, LOS is probably not the problem, unless there is an error somewhere where LOS is not properly checking the los is on variable.

As for the move command, you'll see in the code that there are these invalidations that have to occur in order to force the disappearance to the various players. I'll see about taking a look at this later to give you better hints of where to put the code, but I've been pretty saturated lately.

C//

Gembone

Wanderer
Hey Courageous. good to see you are still around. still love this system. have not had a chance to upgrade. been busy with work and life in general.