RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Custom Regions in a Box V4.0

milvaen

Wanderer
I made what u said but now
Code:
 + UOA/Item/RegionFlag/CustomRegion.cs:
    CS0127: Line 77: Since 'Server.Regions.CustomRegion.OnDeath(Server.Mobile)'
returns void, a return keyword must not be followed by an object expression
    CS0127: Line 80: Since 'Server.Regions.CustomRegion.OnDeath(Server.Mobile)'
returns void, a return keyword must not be followed by an object expression

nadious

Sorceror
Not only that, Datguy, but if your shard crashes due to no defined regions on a RegionControl, it will corrupt your accounts and such. You will have to load a save / backup of your info to get it to go back the way it was. So, FYI on that everyone.

The first time I about freaked when I loaded it back up and it told me that I had no accounts on the shard.

nadious

Sorceror
Yeah, it's the version that they use to submit released and revisions on an ongoing basis. RC2 was a certain SVN number (260 something? I can't remember..) and they keep updating it as they go along.

If you are using RC1 or later, you shouldn't have any problems with this script, outside of the known bugs.

milvaen

Wanderer
Yes I'm using RUNUO 2 RC2 but as i said i get that error also i havent got any edited original script, everything is fresh.

datguy

Sorceror
What does your line# 77 & 80 look like, this is mine 77-80
Code:
                return; // base.OnDeath(m);
            }

return;// toreturn;

milvaen

Wanderer
Mimes are
Code:
                return base.OnDeath(m);
            }

return toreturn;

and i changed like yours and IT WORKED thanks, now i'm gonna test it. Wow i'm very glad now.

_____

Thanks datguy and Nodious and who wants to help, it was really important for me. ^^ Now it is working good.

VindiKat

Wanderer
datguy;752778 said:
Be very careful using this script, I've crash server a few times. Sever WILL crash on worldsave if you Have a regioncontrol flag with no region specified. When making a region immediately after you give the command [regioncontrol
Select New Region & target ground 2 times, Anywhere, doesn't matter.(now you have a region) Once that is done you can lazily make your region

Can't you just disable the automatic world saves until you are finished setting up your regions?

Dangerous01

Wanderer
tobyjug ... im brazilin ... how i see the program ... i install he in my pc and no open ... and i don't can use the custom region in my shard ... the link it how problem???/ thnx

Johabius;737686 said:
Thanks for the fix Phoric. Hopefully someone can get the custom go location figured out.
This fixes the crash problem with the custom go location.

RegionControl.cs (line 536-551):
Code:
        private Point3D m_CustomGoLocation;

[CommandProperty(AccessLevel.GameMaster)]
        public Point3D CustomGoLocation
        {
            get { return (m_Region != null) ? m_Region.GoLocation : new Point3D(0,0,0); }
            set
            {
                if (m_Region != null)
                {
                    m_Region.GoLocation = value;
                    m_CustomGoLocation = value;
                    UpdateRegion();
                }
            }
        }

datguy

Sorceror
You can set area's Can't enter, no one can walk into those area's, Staff can tele into them or a world teleporter can get you in as well I guess. This one also contains the above no crash fix as well as Solaris' BattleGrounds

/* This allows region controllers to be used to define "battlegrounds" where player versus player combat is completely no-holds-barred.
There is no notoriety problems like criminal/murder status, and is intended for PVP tourneys or all-around-PVP fun.

Attachments

• Custom Regions v4.rar
    10.8 KB · Views: 45

seanandre

Sorceror
I'm getting the following error when I install this system:

Code:
CS0508: Line 28: 'Server.Regions.CustomRegion.OnDeath(Server.Mobile)': return type must be 'void' to match overridden member 'Server.Region.OnDeath(Server.Mobile)'

I'm not sure if it's because this was designed for RC1 and I'm running RC2. Most scripts that have beenr eleased for RC1 also work for RC2, so I don't know.

Thanks,
Sean