RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Custom Regions in a Box V4.0

Ajax2000

Wanderer
I have a question about this.

I was noticing that there is a region priority property.

Does this allow me to place a region within a region and pick which one takes precedence? Or how does this work?

What I would like to do is place a large no housing region, then inside that have a smaller guarded region (for a town), then inside that have a region for an arena with different rules.

Is this possible with the region priority property? If so, how do I set which takes precedence?

Lord_Greywolf said:
porblem is that many spots - the corners of the box are not at the lowest and highest points

so what i would do is to temp put in a "tile" at the one corner below ground level and then one at the opposite corner and set it to +30 ground level and target those - then delete them (or make them hidden from players - in case you need to use them again)

I agree, it is a good way to do it to make sure you include all the Z values needed.
I'm thinking of making the Rectangle3D in the script a CommandProperty so that on the .props menu you can see it and change the Z values manually, as well as being able to target the region like it is now. Good idea!?

Kamuflaro said:
too much work imo... then I rather change the script to do the same as in normal regions. Set one z sbyte.MinValue and the other sbyte.MaxValue + 1.
That's also another approach... if you create a region control with a Rectangle2D passed in the constructor this is how it works, so that every Z value for that area is included by setting the start point to the lowest Z and the highest point to the max Z. I don't personally like this approach because it means that you HAVE to include all the Z values for that area, where you might actually want certain heights (or lows) in that area to not be under the influence of the region.

Ajax2000 said:
I have a question about this.

I was noticing that there is a region priority property.

Does this allow me to place a region within a region and pick which one takes precedence? Or how does this work?

What I would like to do is place a large no housing region, then inside that have a smaller guarded region (for a town), then inside that have a region for an arena with different rules.

Is this possible with the region priority property? If so, how do I set which takes precedence?

Yes you can have regions within regions, the precedence is set by the magnitude of the region priority. However two regions can not act together. So if the guarded region had a priority of 20 and the no housing region had a priority of 10, where they overlapped, the no housing region would be ignored because the magnitude of it's priority value is lower than that of the guarded region. For the situation you described above it should work perfectly.

i like it where you could have a setting to set the z values, instead of it including all z values

this way if you have different levels of a dungeon above and below each other - can have different region names, settings, etc

Ajax2000

Wanderer
tobyjug said:
I agree, it is a good way to do it to make sure you include all the Z values needed.
I'm thinking of making the Rectangle3D in the script a CommandProperty so that on the .props menu you can see it and change the Z values manually, as well as being able to target the region like it is now. Good idea!?

I would love to be able to adjust the Z manually. I think that would be by far the best option.

tobyjug said:
Yes you can have regions within regions, the precedence is set by the magnitude of the region priority. However two regions can not act together. So if the guarded region had a priority of 20 and the no housing region had a priority of 10, where they overlapped, the no housing region would be ignored because the magnitude of it's priority value is lower than that of the guarded region. For the situation you described above it should work perfectly.

Excellent! So the higher number takes precedence?

Draegen

Sorceror
what happned was i created a region and forgot to rename it and left and came back a gm deleted this regioncontrol just by remving it and then i added a new one back and still didnt change the name and was making a region but when i started to try and turn guards on in props it started to trhow me a error

tobyjug said:

That's also another approach... if you create a region control with a Rectangle2D passed in the constructor this is how it works, so that every Z value for that area is included by setting the start point to the lowest Z and the highest point to the max Z. I don't personally like this approach because it means that you HAVE to include all the Z values for that area, where you might actually want certain heights (or lows) in that area to not be under the influence of the region.

I'd really prefer kamus way since its easier to not have to adjust the z.... I mean ya multi story regions are great but damn.. thats alot of work if you dun have em...I prefer the old fashioned way

Anti-Basic said:
I'd really prefer kamus way since its easier to not have to adjust the z.... I mean ya multi story regions are great but damn.. thats alot of work if you dun have em...I prefer the old fashioned way

Well how about a checkbox on the gump where you choose the area, so if it is checked then it will use the Min Z and Max Z, otherwise it uses the Z values you pick with the bounding box picker? That way it's win-win for everyone, right? :D

tobyjug said:
Well how about a checkbox on the gump where you choose the area, so if it is checked then it will use the Min Z and Max Z, otherwise it uses the Z values you pick with the bounding box picker? That way it's win-win for everyone, right? :D
Yep. Should Be Awesome.

Win-win? Damn Brits always stealing our catchphrases....:p

tobyjug said:
Excellent!

Damn americans thinking they always invent things first, when they dont...
lol, I'll give you that one hehe

But while you're busy, mind adding the song Walking.mp3 to the music choices for the regioncontrol?

Anti-Basic said:
lol, I'll give you that one hehe

But while you're busy, mind adding the song Walking.mp3 to the music choices for the regioncontrol?

I'm afraid I can't. All the music choices are stored in an enum in the core which I reference, so it would require a core mod. Maybe place it in the RunUO Bug Tracker if you think some are missing!?

But... what I might end up doing is creating my own enum with all the music choices... know where they are all listed? Still reckon its a good idea to add it to the Bug Tracker though if they are missing.

tobyjug said:
I'm afraid I can't. All the music choices are stored in an enum in the core which I reference, so it would require a core mod. Maybe place it in the RunUO Bug Tracker if you think some are missing!?

But... what I might end up doing is creating my own enum with all the music choices... know where they are all listed? Still reckon its a good idea to add it to the Bug Tracker though if they are missing.
Ahh did not know this was the case...well yeah, many songs are not listed, and also songs which were only there during the MIDI days are listed as well. So yeah, I will add to the bug tracker...though I doubt it will be much of a priority.

Anti-Basic said:
Ahh did not know this was the case...well yeah, many songs are not listed, and also songs which were only there during the MIDI days are listed as well. So yeah, I will add to the bug tracker...though I doubt it will be much of a priority.

Worth a try though. If you know of a website where all the music is listed that would be great. I also don't know where to find out which number represents each piece of music for the sending of packets, if I know that then I can redo it easily.

tobyjug said:
Worth a try though. If you know of a website where all the music is listed that would be great. I also don't know where to find out which number represents each piece of music for the sending of packets, if I know that then I can redo it easily.

Dun know about the numbers, since I'm not much of a coder, but here is the config.txt file thats in the music folder: View attachment 8542

and here is a tracklist of everything in the music folder: View attachment 8543 Ones marked with a star are from ML, So they might not fully be supported by RC1, I dun know about that, again I'm just a simpleton.

Dont know how helpful that will be for you, but hopefully will help you some.
I'm very picky about my Ultima music, as you will see by some of the comments in the songlist. The music in the game has gotten sour over the years.

Attachments

• Config.txt
    1.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Songlist.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 115
Anti-Basic said:
Dun know about the numbers, since I'm not much of a coder, but here is the config.txt file thats in the music folder: View attachment 8542

and here is a tracklist of everything in the music folder: View attachment 8543 Ones marked with a star are from ML, So they might not fully be supported by RC1, I dun know about that, again I'm just a simpleton.

Dont know how helpful that will be for you, but hopefully will help you some.
I'm very picky about my Ultima music, as you will see by some of the comments in the songlist. The music in the game has gotten sour over the years.

Ah that's great, I think that config.txt is just what I needed, cheers. However it does definitely still need changing in the core, so definitely submit it to the Bug Tracker if you haven't already. :D

I've personally never been a fan of the UO Music, my first actions were always to go into the options and turn the Music off :p Thus why when I updated this and it was pointed out that the Music didn't work, I had no idea because I hadn't tested the Music because I'm not a fan.

tobyjug said:
Ah that's great, I think that config.txt is just what I needed, cheers. However it does definitely still need changing in the core, so definitely submit it to the Bug Tracker if you haven't already. :D

I've personally never been a fan of the UO Music, my first actions were always to go into the options and turn the Music off :p Thus why when I updated this and it was pointed out that the Music didn't work, I had no idea because I hadn't tested the Music because I'm not a fan.
Well most of uo music DOES suck. The original Stones, the Buc's Den music, and Walking are the only ones I like. The problem is most ppl never hear those, cuz most the highly trafficked areas have the crappy music.

Im not sure if somebody wants this but I'll try to discribe. Props AllowHarmPlayer and AllowHarmNPC not so useful for shard events. Im not recieve full control. For full control I needed in props like AllowHarmPvP, AllowHarmPvM, AllowHarmMvP, AllowHarmMvM, AllowBenefitPvP, AllowBenefitPvM, AllowBenefitMvP, AllowBenefitMvM. Also If some regions have different values for Allow... props It's needed to consider harmfull and benifical action allowance for both regions: add special check function if one mob can harm/benifit another mob if it situated in other custom region.
If author of this script will accept my suggestion I will wait for next version with new features. If not, ok. I will add these featrues with myself. I done these changes but for RunUO 1.0 script version so I can do it for RunUO 2.0 too.

I found the bug. With Razor player can open corpse without doubleclicking, and can avoid region looting restrictions. You can fix this by using CheckAccessibility func instead of OnDoubleClick func.

Ajax2000

Wanderer
I seem to be having a problem with the IsGuarded props option. I set it to true, but it stays false and wont reset to true for some reason. I tried doing a check guarded and it says its not a guarded area. Any idea why?