RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Custom Regions in a Box V4.0

Hi again everyone,
First off I'd like to apolagise for not replying or working on this for a little while, I've been very busy. So basically this means I have yet to make some changes we discussed before regarding manual setting of Z values and the ability of choosing Max/Min Z values, these features have not been forgotten.
However today I was able to sit down for a bit and read through some of the bugs people have reported and test them out and sort them so they should now be fixed, so please redownload the Zip file from the main post.

Draegen said:
what happned was i created a region and forgot to rename it and left and came back a gm deleted this regioncontrol just by remving it and then i added a new one back and still didnt change the name and was making a region but when i started to try and turn guards on in props it started to trhow me a error

Cheers for this bug report, this issue is now fixed, this was a problem because of the bug that Ajax2000 reported. Please redownload the Zip file from the main post.

Ajax2000 said:
I seem to be having a problem with the IsGuarded props option. I set it to true, but it stays false and wont reset to true for some reason. I tried doing a check guarded and it says its not a guarded area. Any idea why?

This was really hard to pin down what was going on, it worked fine if you set IsGuarded whilst stood outside of the region, but if you were stood inside the region it would just set it back to False and throw the error that Draegen reported. It is fixed now tho :D , Cheers for reporting it. Please redownload the Zip file from the main post.

Prohor Meletevich said:
I found the bug. With Razor player can open corpse without doubleclicking, and can avoid region looting restrictions. You can fix this by using CheckAccessibility func instead of OnDoubleClick func.
I believe you are referring to the "Open New Corpses" feature of Razor, correct? I have done some testing with this and it still calls the OnDoubleClick method when trying to open the corpse, so this does not need changing because the code works as it should.
If anyone else has this problem though then please report it here with any info you can add and I'll look into again.

Prohor Meletevich said:
Im not sure if somebody wants this but I'll try to discribe. Props AllowHarmPlayer and AllowHarmNPC not so useful for shard events. Im not recieve full control. For full control I needed in props like AllowHarmPvP, AllowHarmPvM, AllowHarmMvP, AllowHarmMvM, AllowBenefitPvP, AllowBenefitPvM, AllowBenefitMvP, AllowBenefitMvM. Also If some regions have different values for Allow... props It's needed to consider harmfull and benifical action allowance for both regions: add special check function if one mob can harm/benifit another mob if it situated in other custom region.
If author of this script will accept my suggestion I will wait for next version with new features. If not, ok. I will add these featrues with myself. I done these changes but for RunUO 1.0 script version so I can do it for RunUO 2.0 too.
I like the idea of those props, they also seem pretty easy to implement. This is something I will look into doing when I get some time. Thanks :D

Dave1969

Wanderer
what would be really cool for an addon to this script is

Make it so players, especially tamers can mount or unshrink their pets in the controlled area. Would make it so that only warriors would benefit from these areas. Im still using runuo 1.0 so for any chance you add this :rolleyes: it would be nice to have it work for your original script :)

Dave1969 said:
Make it so players, especially tamers can mount or unshrink their pets in the controlled area. Would make it so that only warriors would benefit from these areas. Im still using runuo 1.0 so for any chance you add this :rolleyes: it would be nice to have it work for your original script :)

Hi there, cheers for the interest, however the original system for 1.0 was written by Asayre and not myself. He hasn't supported his 1.0 system for a long time so im afraid that you would have to make the changes yourself to the 1.0 version.

xavante

Wanderer
hi everyone, im just new to all theese RunUO scene but im lovin it so far.
i downloaded this script and everything works fine, exept the fact that i cant set the loot as blessed. despite the fact i set LootType to Blessed when some player die on the area he has to get back to body to recover stuff. Other thing is about MovePlayerOnDeath, i cant set it to True (and i tried to set the prop outside the covered area).
Thanks and sorry my bad english! :)

dracana

Sorceror
I seem to be having a problem with setting NoNPCItemDrop to false and CanBeDamaged and AllowSpawn all to true. If I set CanBeDamaged and AllowSpawn to true on first props page, then go to third props page and set NoNPCItemDrop to false, it resets both CanBeDamaged and AllowSpawn back to false (and vice-versa).

Is anyone else having this issue?

Knightwolf

Wanderer
Hmm

Can anyone tell what each props does reason i ask is because i think i have this confused :confused: i put everything in 1st page to True except AllowHousing then i go to Props Page 3 and make NoNPCItemDrop to false then i go back to first page and all these go back to automanticely false:
AllowHarmNPC, AllowHarmPlayer, AllowSpawn, CanBeDamage.... Can anyone help me please it's really geting annoying :( i was hoping that those that go to false auto are useless that fore i was thinking it means what it says... why does this keep happening to me :( and also when creatures die they turn into a humen body value 400

kelhaynes

Wanderer
Hehe - i am having a really wierd problem... my players pets turn into humans on death... im sure its this system as it only happens in the areas I have used it... Its quite amusing to see , but starts to get really annoying resetting bodyvalues all the time... anyone have any ideas on this?

dracana

Sorceror
Knightwolf said:
Can anyone tell what each props does reason i ask is because i think i have this confused :confused: i put everything in 1st page to True except AllowHousing then i go to Props Page 3 and make NoNPCItemDrop to false then i go back to first page and all these go back to automanticely false:
AllowHarmNPC, AllowHarmPlayer, AllowSpawn, CanBeDamage.... Can anyone help me please it's really geting annoying :( i was hoping that those that go to false auto are useless that fore i was thinking it means what it says... why does this keep happening to me :( and also when creatures die they turn into a humen body value 400

This same thing happened to me. It had to do with the ser/deser of the old properties NoPlayerCorpses and NoItemDrop. I simply removed (and any reference to them) completely and this solved the problem completely with no affect on other properties. If you want, you can use my modified RegionControl.cs to compare against yours to see what I did to fix. RegionControl.cs is the only sccript I needed to change.

Attachments

• RegionControl.cs
    31.5 KB · Views: 175

Knightwolf

Wanderer
Badass

dracana said:
This same thing happened to me. It had to do with the ser/deser of the old properties NoPlayerCorpses and NoItemDrop. I simply removed (and any reference to them) completely and this solved the problem completely with no affect on other properties. If you want, you can use my modified RegionControl.cs to compare against yours to see what I did to fix. RegionControl.cs is the only sccript I needed to change.

Cool man thanks but now the only problem is the value change it always changes to 400.....

AdminZin

Wanderer
Limited Region Area?

I want to make the whole Brit farm area unguarded. The first boundary was set just NW of Brit Blacksmith by the graveyard. The second boundary was set just south of the Brit/Yew/Skara Brae Crossroads. One admin pulled the other so not to loose the target icon. But when testing it players would go in and out of guard zones randomly. I tried an area about a 5th of that size by the bridge by the west side and only half of the area was affected. Is there a problem with how much area or does the guarded region interfere with the region controller.

is anyone else have a problem of corpses not being seen in the custom regions?

i am running rc1 and the most current region control (no mods to your scripts) and no mods to the corspe scripts

you can use cntr-shift to access the body - but can not see the body

so many players think the body just goes poof and they do not "search" for it then

do it just outside the bounds of the region controller and you can see corpses - so it is just with in their area

any help would be most appreceated

arul

Sorceror
Yay, I ran into the same issue some time ago, try setting the 'NoNPCItemDrop' property of the region to false.

Shadow_Storm

Wanderer
If you look on page two their is a file called regioncontrol.cs that took care of the problem for me. I just replaced it and it work like a champ

byron92

Wanderer
bad error..

i dont like this sytem at all..to tell u the truth it is kinda good but there is something wrong when i add region areas...like on unleveled areas it messes up and like doesnt register..the x y z crap i think..can someone fix this or help me make the v 3.6 compatible for 2.0 (post is on it in script suppot)

arul

Sorceror
Lord_Greywolf said:
tried that and then nothing could be dammaged - either player or monster

Huh, setting 'NoNPCItemDrop' to false cannot prevent mobiles from being damaged. Are you sure that you changed the correct property?

byron92 said:
i dont like this sytem at all..to tell u the truth it is kinda good but there is something wrong when i add region areas...like on unleveled areas it messes up and like doesnt register..the x y z crap i think..can someone fix this or help me make the v 3.6 compatible for 2.0 (post is on it in script suppot)
This system works perfectly for me, you simply don't understand the new region system implemented in RunUO 2.0.

You have two options:
- Learn how to work with the new region system. ( Hint: regions are now fully 3d, therefore put more weight on the Z axis )
OR
- Be more polite, no one's willing ( or at least, I'm not ) to help to anyone who behave like you do.

Huh, setting 'NoNPCItemDrop' to false cannot prevent mobiles from being damaged. Are you sure that you changed the correct property?

that is wht happened, as soon as i changed it back - it started hurting the critters again

I am going to be trying out that regions replacement file the one person suggested tomorrow when i get back to my main computer

had to update sooner than expexted - had a crash ;)

but the regioncontrol replacement file fixed it perfectly - now it is set to false and works great

thanks Shadow_Storm ++ karma