RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Government (Player City) System 2.0

iamjedi

Wanderer
Nice!

Avelyn said:
That is incorrect. You can certainly do the same thing you do at server load actual time in a script. You can rewrite that UpdateRegion method you commented out to do it. All you need to do is calculate the new area, Unregister the region and then register it with the new area calcuations. I have it running on my version of this system flawlessly for weeks. Completely dynamic. Also, you do not have to have the city name have anythign to do with the region name. Write a method to randomly pick region names. Then you can leave the old code in to allow them to do whatever they want with the city name.

Nice. That is similar to the system I began coding shortly after reading your post. I actually did it VERY simply by just assigning a name on hall placement, and then I WAS going to have the region check happen upon double click of the stone, but now that you have so geniously pointed out the FAR TOO SIMPLE FOR ME TO THINK OF idea of unregistering :)bonk self:) I will have this all happen dynamically. Ironically, I removed the original auto-naming to "<name>'s city" due to the way it was set up, which created the need for the crash workaround, which then lead to the prefix/suffix naming idea. So it's hard for me to be mad at myself ;)

Hence, expect to see automatic name assignment (for added fun) upon placement, and dynamic city and region naming and bounds. (amongst other things.) in v2.0.5

Thanks for your input, Avelyn. Good to have a community of coders all interacting on stuff like this. It's the beauty of RunUO and these forums.

Note: my goal with this system is not to take it over, or change the entire system, but rather to support and update it to the point of it being a self contained, bugless core for 2.0 systems, allowing other coders to expund from there. i'm most interested in seeing what people far more creative and versed can do with it once it is truly sound.

Avelyn

Sorceror
iamjedi said:
Note: my goal with this system is not to take it over, or change the entire system, but rather to support and update it to the point of it being a self contained, bugless core for 2.0 systems, allowing other coders to expund from there. i'm most interested in seeing what people far more creative and versed can do with it once it is truly sound.

I think a few of us are planning this :D . Ronin gave us a good backbone to work with. Mine has been done for some time. I am just to darn lazy to type up all the docs and package it to upload. Sighs... some time soon.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
Avelyn said:
I think a few of us are planning this :D . Ronin gave us a good backbone to work with. Mine has been done for some time. I am just to darn lazy to type up all the docs and package it to upload. Sighs... some time soon.

Get on it!! lol

i remember reading some of your dieas on your version....if you did some of the things, it would be great too! :)

iamjedi

Wanderer
Well for the sake of fighting redundancy, I would be more than happy to work with you, or anyone else for that matter, to try to make this a staple system for servers to come, unified in one strong script. Feel free to contact me personally on this if you like, my contact information is in my profile. Because I know that when multiple minds come together the outcome can Indeed be far greater, and this has always been one of my favorite additions to UO.

godfood

Sorceror
iamjedi said:
Well for the sake of fighting redundancy, I would be more than happy to work with you, or anyone else for that matter, to try to make this a staple system for servers to come, unified in one strong script. Feel free to contact me personally on this if you like, my contact information is in my profile. Because I know that when multiple minds come together the outcome can Indeed be far greater, and this has always been one of my favorite additions to UO.

Amen. This is truly an awsome addition to UO.

iamjedi

Wanderer
I would say to open these files and check to see if I have meade these changes, and add them if I haven't. Because to be honest, I "may" have forgotten about these docs, or at least updating them. And if you happen to find one that isn't edited, please do let me know. But end point, the goal is to have the only hand-updates be mentioned on the main post, like the PlayerMobile changes.

The only 2 that I found are the loginstats and deftinker, if you do not make the tinker changes, no tool shows and loginstats has to do with owing backtaxes.

iamjedi

Wanderer
Hanse the Insane said:
I am gussing but all I need to do is overwrite the existing file yes? Well, Ill give it a spin. I am very excited about this system.

Yeah, that should do it. Just replace the old ones. You should at this point have the stock scripts backed up, so simply replace the Government folder, and replace the edited stock files as well. Good luck.

wildkat256

Wanderer
I have a question....

I know this a=has absolutley no connection to this post. I'm new and have no i dea how to post a topic on htis site.I'm sorry if i'm a noob, but i just want to ask some questions and get help. please let me know how to post topics.

iamjedi

Wanderer
wildkat256 said:
I know this a=has absolutley no connection to this post. I'm new and have no i dea how to post a topic on htis site.I'm sorry if i'm a noob, but i just want to ask some questions and get help. please let me know how to post topics.

Sure man, just navigate to the appropriate forum, and click the "Start New Thread" button near the top left. I'm guessing maybe you should start in the New Join forum here. In fact, click here to create a new thread there :)

Avelyn

Sorceror
Pyro-Tech said:
Get on it!! lol

i remember reading some of your dieas on your version....if you did some of the things, it would be great too! :)

Yes, I put those in and some more. Also ended up fixing some 200ish bugs/expoits with the original system. I won't steal iamjedi's thread, but I will post it soon and we all can compare notes.

iamjedi you are off to a good start... keep stompin bugs! :)

iamjedi

Wanderer
Hehe. I surely never thought myself the person for the job, but I less thought there wouldn't be a finished publish. :)

One of the last main things I see missing, (not a bug, just missing) is the removal of appropriate civic structures upon city rank loss. Simple fix, but I think appropriate. 2.0.6 baby!

Icedddragon

Wanderer
if you try to add someone into town who doesnt haev a house in town it crashes:( heres the crash log..
Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.42
Time: 14/07/2006 22:05:57
Mobiles: 4970
Items: 85241
Clients:
- Count: 2
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = Iceyflames) (mobile = 0x3 'Icedddragon')
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = Rofl) (mobile = 0x5 'Darth')

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.PlayerGovernmentSystem.CheckIfHouseInCity(Mobile from, Region region)
   at Server.Items.CityManagementStone.DoJoin(Mobile mayor, Mobile from)
   at Server.Gumps.AcceptJoinGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)