RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Government (Player City) System 2.0

WizardingOne

Sorceror
It might have changed, but in the original, you bought a town hall deed, put your house where you wanted the city, placed town hall, then let people put houses in limits, and invited them, to grow your city. As you got more people, you could do more with your city. It might have changed since then, but I don't think so. Yay for run on sentences!

iamjedi

Wanderer
Much of said actions is described in the [govhelp menu, from a GM character. But, yes, that's still how it works. Place a city hall deed. I'll see if I can fix that crash in CheckIfHouseInCity()..

iamjedi

Wanderer
This system is only slightly modified. 99% of the modifications were bug fixes/upgrading to run with 2.0. Any changes from that system have been well noted on this forum. Just so you know. Also, now updating to version 2.0.6, this should fix the server crash on citizen add. Also, one new feature has been added. The GM settable IsGMCity variable on the CityManagementStone has been implimented. See changelog notes at top of page. Thanks.

-The Jedi-

iamjedi

Wanderer
Question... was this player city somewhere internal, such as Green Acres? The region check usually doesn't check Internal, because it only checks sub-regions. But if your player city is there, that may be the problem. Let me know. If this IS the case and you want to allow it, look in your Recall.cs file, and make it skip the check if the region is PlayerCityRegion.

iamjedi

Wanderer
Found the problem, and fixed it. I added code to recall.cs. The update will be up shortly. For now, feel free to replace with this...

Attachments

• Recall.cs
    6 KB · Views: 54

Macil

Sorceror
I'm on a new install of RunUO 2.0 with absolutely no other custom scripts present. I recieve these errors after installing the gov system;

Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 1 warnings)
Warnings:
 + !Custom Scripts/Government 2.0/Government 2.0/PlayerGovernmentSystem.cs:
    CS0184: Line 204: The given expression is never of the provided ('Server.Reg
ions.GuardedRegion') type
    CS0184: Line 204: The given expression is never of the provided ('Server.Reg
ions.PlayerCityRegion') type
    CS0162: Line 205: Unreachable code detected
Errors:
 + !Custom Scripts/!Edited Scripts/DefTinkering.cs:
    CS0246: Line 348: The type or namespace name 'LavaIngot' could not be found
(are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 349: The type or namespace name 'IceIngot' could not be found (
are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 350: The type or namespace name 'TitaniumIngot' could not be fo
und (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 351: The type or namespace name 'SulphurIngot' could not be fou
nd (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 352: The type or namespace name 'SpiritIngot' could not be foun
d (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 353: The type or namespace name 'BloodIngot' could not be found
 (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

iamjedi

Wanderer
Ah, geez. My apologies, that's a few lines from another package I have, a custom resource package. Here's a DefTinkering without those changes. Package will be uptaded with this and other changes soon. :)

Attachments

• DefTinkering.cs
    21.7 KB · Views: 52

iamjedi

Wanderer
Okay, the fix is live in 2.0.6b. :) (note: keep an eye out for that custom resource package to be published soon. elemental/over 100 skill base for "endgame" crafting)

Ajantis

Wanderer
I registered my level 5 city.....and it even says it was registered....yet it doesnt show up on the public moongate. Why?

Also when I try to place a moongate....it says I have to be mayor....yet I am mayor. Why is this?

ssalter

Account Terminated
So, how is your version coming along, Avelyn? I'm interested in seeing what you have. I was always interested in the player government idea but the 1.0 version was pretty unusable and I didn't have time to fix everything. I am encouraged to see what iamjedi is doing here in making the system bug free and usable. I am also anxious in seeing your version. You do good coding. :)

Avelyn said:
Yes, I put those in and some more. Also ended up fixing some 200ish bugs/expoits with the original system. I won't steal iamjedi's thread, but I will post it soon and we all can compare notes.

iamjedi you are off to a good start... keep stompin bugs! :)

Tru

Knight
ssalter said:
So, how is your version coming along, Avelyn? I'm interested in seeing what you have. I was always interested in the player government idea but the 1.0 version was pretty unusable and I didn't have time to fix everything. I am encouraged to see what iamjedi is doing here in making the system bug free and usable. I am also anxious in seeing your version. You do good coding. :)
I too await to see what Avelyn has done.....

Avelyn

Sorceror
ssalter said:

I am anticipating a release this weekend. Every stinking time i pack it up to upload, I decide to change or add something! That the only downside to having it live on your shard... my players are always coming up with neat ideas that I add in! I need to go ahead and release it and then continue to work! So keep an eye out soon.

thanks!

Avelyn

Sorceror
Ajantis said:
I registered my level 5 city.....and it even says it was registered....yet it doesnt show up on the public moongate. Why?

Also when I try to place a moongate....it says I have to be mayor....yet I am mayor. Why is this?

That's odd, even in the original distro this wasn't a problem unless iamjedi changed something.

Installed and no errors, yet when I reboot the server, this messages shows:

Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2833 items, 679 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile
- Serial: 0x00000005
Delete the object? (y/n)

I have reviewed numerous times what I did, yet I am unable to find the error. I have attached my player mobile, if some one could explain where I made the error and how to correct this.

Attachments

• PlayerMobile.rar
    20.9 KB · Views: 50

Tru

Knight
Hanse the Insane said:
Installed and no errors, yet when I reboot the server, this messages shows:

Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2833 items, 679 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile
- Serial: 0x00000005
Delete the object? (y/n)

I have reviewed numerous times what I did, yet I am unable to find the error. I have attached my player mobile, if some one could explain where I made the error and how to correct this.
I'm at work and can't check your code but did you add a new Case for serialization or use the last?

Tru,

Here is the section you have asked me about. My difficulity is that I am unsure here, as I am very new to this. Thank you for taking the time to help.

Code:
			base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 28 ); // version
///////////////////Government Edits//////////////////////
            writer.Write((int)28); // version MUST MATCH YOUR DESERIALIZER
            writer.Write(m_City);

writer.Write(m_CityTitle);

writer.Write(m_ShowCityTitle);

writer.Write(m_OwesBackTaxes);

writer.Write(m_BackTaxesAmount);
            ////////////////////////end////////////////////////