RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Government (Player City) System 2.0

Tru

Knight
Hanse the Insane said:
Tru,

Here is the section you have asked me about. My difficulity is that I am unsure here, as I am very new to this. Thank you for taking the time to help.

Code:
			base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 28 ); // version
///////////////////Government Edits//////////////////////
            writer.Write((int)28); // version MUST MATCH YOUR DESERIALIZER
            writer.Write(m_City);

writer.Write(m_CityTitle);

writer.Write(m_ShowCityTitle);

writer.Write(m_OwesBackTaxes);

writer.Write(m_BackTaxesAmount);
            ////////////////////////end////////////////////////
First thing I see immediately is

Code:
writer.Write( (int) 28 ); // version
You have that twice

I also am at home d/l your playermobile and at a glance dont see anything else wrong

ksy79

Sorceror
help!!

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.42
Time: 19/07/2006 13:05:57
Mobiles: 4970
Items: 85241
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = aaaaaaa) (mobile = 0x1 'aaaa')

Exception:
System.FormatException:
at System.Text.StringBuilder.FormatError()
at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args)
at Server.Gumps.CityManagementGump..ctor(CityManagementStone stone, Mobile from)
at Server.Items.CityManagementStone.OnDoubleClick(Mobile from)
at Server.Mobile.Use(Item item)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UseReq(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Tru

Knight
Hanse the Insane said:
That is what cuased the players to be delted when the server was restared?
Honestly I don't see why it would but remove that line and see what happens.

Tru

Knight
Hanse the Insane said:
I did as you suggested and it runs fine. I have shut it down and re started and no loss off accounts, thank you
Np glad you got it working.

Origonally posted by Hanse the Insane
Installed and no errors, yet when I reboot the server, this messages shows:

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Compiling VB.NET scripts...no files found.
Scripts: Verifying...done (2833 items, 679 mobiles)
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile
- Serial: 0x00000005
Delete the object? (y/n)

I have reviewed numerous times what I did, yet I am unable to find the error. I have attached my player mobile, if some one could explain where I made the error and how to correct this

I to am getting this same problem. But i manage to fix it temporaroly by pressing yes. (Much easier to make sure everything else is working fine lol). But when i log in my server gives me this error and then crashes within 5-10 minutes.

Code:
Error:
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation
 may not execute.
   at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
   at Server.Items.CityManagementStone.DoUpdate()
   at Server.Items.CityManagementStone.CityUpdateTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

EDIT: By fixing the problem like what was said by tru it takes care of the first problem. I am still getting the above error within the first 5 minutes though

iamjedi

Wanderer
Hey everyone. So you know, I'm trying to find these errors that you have all listed, and except for the ones already solved, ie: the implimenteation of the serialization changes, and I can't recreate a single one!!! The player deletion may happen on FIRST LOAD depending on what else you may have installed on your playermobile. But aside from that, I can not recreate the non-registerd city problem, or the moongate problem. Can anyone else create these? And not much is changed from 1.0, it's mostly just translated to 2.0, with bugs fixed. I'd love to help these issues, but I can't if I can't recreate it. Sorry.

Wen

Wanderer
WHile multi clienting.

If you create city stuff sometimes you client crash. Like 1 out of 50 Happened twice in 50 trys after the frist time
Or if you walk out of city bounds and back in while multi clienting you sometimes crash. Like 1 out of 50 Happened twice in 50 trys after the frist time.

iamjedi

Wanderer
Hey Wen. Crash log? Anything? I've been multi-clienting this setup on a CONSTANT basis for the last month.... not a crash. Give me something to work with here. I'm sorry that Happened.

Wen

Wanderer
no it did not give me a crash log or anything.
Might have been cause i was using my admin to tamper with the props of the city stone not sure.

Just for reference. YOur script was the only mod of RunUO 2.0 i had in if your wondering.

i kept trying to reproduce what happened, but it did not happen any more, I am starting to think maybe it just simply was a GLITCH on my puter. YOU know MS sucks so what do you expect. LOL.