RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Knives' Chat 3.0

zachseitz

Sorceror
Sunshine said:
Is it possible (for non great scriptors) to add a rp chat? one that would say RP instead of say Public or world

Role Players would like to have one so that others will know this is Rp
That would be cool. :)

Sunshine said:
Is it possible (for non great scriptors) to add a rp chat? one that would say RP instead of say Public or world

You can create special channel named 'Roleplay' and set [rp command for it.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Sunshine said:

It's just as easy as setting up your first Chat channel! Go into [chatsetup and on that first page create your Roleplay channel with [rp command =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Admin Drizzt said:
so how do you make so when you type [chat you can talk? or is this not yours?

You are in the right place =)

This version allows you to create that [chat command on your own through the first page of the [chatsetup menu. Give it a shot =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Prohor Meletevich said:
All works fine in normal IRC client. In IRC client Im using following command:
/MSG [email protected] AUTH XXXX XXXX

Wow, then PRIVMSG should be handling it just fine. That's the equiv to /msg. Maybe there is an issue with parsing the '@' in the message. What error did it feed back when you used the PRIVMSG command?

Admin Drizzt

Wanderer
i cant seem to figure this out? i go into [chatsetup or w/e clcik create new and then what do i do from there? like tell me what buttons t press thanks!

kmwill23 said:
Wow, then PRIVMSG should be handling it just fine. That's the equiv to /msg. Maybe there is an issue with parsing the '@' in the message. What error did it feed back when you used the PRIVMSG command?

I can't to chek :confused:
Because the server is unaccessible now. From my country maybe... So I'll moving to another server.

Sunshine

Wanderer
Ok I can not update... :( We are using run uo 1 still and thus can not use the latest and best knives chat yet...

now I wanna cry

godfood

Sorceror
Love this script soo much :).

So, I'm setting up the IRC function and I think I have it all figured ou. But if I understand it correctly players need to join the IRC chan before they can see what is said in the actual IRC channel? Or did I miss something?

stormwolff

Knight
Admin Drizzt said:
My question still remains... how do i make the [chat command?

Looks like you could do something similar to

kmwill23 said:
It's just as easy as setting up your first Chat channel! Go into [chatsetup and on that first page create your Roleplay channel with [rp command =)

Just exchange [rp with [chat

kmwill23

Sorceror
godfood said:
Love this script soo much :).

So, I'm setting up the IRC function and I think I have it all figured ou. But if I understand it correctly players need to join the IRC chan before they can see what is said in the actual IRC channel? Or did I miss something?

Correct! Players have to join it first =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
godfood said:
Is there a way to mod it so players will be automatically added?

For the channels you can create, the option is available in the [chatsetup menu. With Guild and the other special channels, you can change a setting in the cnstructor to join new players. I already have this added for beta 8 =)

LNewman

Wanderer
Channel

kmwill23 said:
The good thing is that you managed to find and solve your crash =)

Now, when you go into [chatsetup and select the channel, what do you see for the commands there?

I see:

Channels
0 NEW

0 Create New

I select Create New and I see:

Public Channel OPtions

0 NEW

Name:

Style 0 Global 0 Regional

Send Chat to IRC
Auto join new

Add/Remove Command

Commands:

LNewman

Wanderer
It works now!!

I tweaked with the options and now it works. I must have been doing something wrong before though I am not sure what. I was off to Denver for a few days and when I got back I tried it again. Now I can setup a channel named "Public" that works with [C to send messages. I know how to make more than one channel and how to do staff. Thanks for a wonderful script!

nomad707

Knight
I dont mean to like be mean or anything.. i just honostly like the previous knives chat alot better. you should have the other one, along with this one for 2.0