RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Knives' Chat 3.0

kmwill23

Sorceror
Crowley62 said:
No there are no errors, on bottom left of screen it says message deleted but its still there. The player says maybe its because he can't patch and has old client. Could that be it. I dont understand though why all globals work for me except guild and pm. Alsowas wondering if its possible to have a different filter for different channels? Say i dont want swearing in public channel but want to let them be free in pvp channel is this possible? Thx

The filter option for diff channels is in for the next beta. Other people have also reported globals not working properly, so I will investigate!

kmwill23

Sorceror
Thistle said:
I created a "Public Chat" channel and set up commands for it but my main question is:

how do I change the colour of the text that's displayed (both on screen and in journal)?

The gray is just so dull and hardly noticable most of the time.

The color can be modified by pressing the 'O' button in the bottom left of the main list.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Kamuflaro said:
I wanted to ask for a feature. I want to disable incognito on chat, that means RawName is used rather, than Name. Maybe some option, donno how far away the next beta is. :)

It's already in the next release =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
So I have a long list of completed updates for the next beta release, but am facing one final task before updating. When I started this 3.0 project, I intended to make the menu intuative, or easy to navigate. While it seems so for some, for others it is in fact not.

I also plan to tackle three other major issues. Firstly, the furstration some users experience in creating their first public channel. I will resolve this by including the normal public channel as a predefined channel, and allow you to disable these channels in-game if you wish.

Second, Maintaining two different releases for RunUO 2.0 and RunUO 1.0. I plan to make one release which works for both, which I also plan for previous versions and TownHouses.

Lastly, the ever-present Utilities package confusion. I will take the elements of the Utilities package and incorperate them into the individual scripts. While this will increase distro size slightly, it removes any concern over what package you should be using.

So those are my goals! *cracks knuckles*

Addition:

I am also looking for anyone who may have a copy of the old Chat 1.0.

Avelyn

Sorceror
Soul Taker said:
not sure if it cool to post this problem here but if u compile to dev 80 u will get this error

Errors:
+ Custom/Server Systems/Chat 3.0 Beta 6/General/General.cs:
CS1502: Line 217: The best overloaded method match for 'System.Collections.A
rrayList.ArrayList(int)' has some invalid arguments
CS1503: Line 217: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'System.Collections.Gene
ric.IEnumerable<Server.Gumps.Gump>' to 'int'
CS0117: Line 220: 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<Server.Gumps.Gump>
' does not contain a definition for 'Remove'

would u have time to make a fix?

This is because in the newest SVN patch in the core they changed the gumps from List<> to IEnumerable<>. Kmwill can you advise?? The file changes was NetState.cs in the core.

Thistle

Wanderer
Woohoo! I finally figured out how to change my chat text hue - needed to select "Staff" in the Options Menu.

I have a suggestion for the word filtering: could it just use a text file to refer to as it's going to be a royal pain to type in 30 words for each and every channel.

irc

I have a problem with IRC function. I have auto connect/re- activated and whenever we have a netsplit and the bot loses connection it doesn't attempt to reconnect. Usually I reconnect manually but this time I didn't till reboot. But it didn't auto reconnect and I can't connect it anymore at all. I click disable, then enable again, hit connect, but it only refreshes the gump, still gives the connect button, not cancel attempt.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Kamuflaro said:
I have a problem with IRC function. I have auto connect/re- activated and whenever we have a netsplit and the bot loses connection it doesn't attempt to reconnect. Usually I reconnect manually but this time I didn't till reboot. But it didn't auto reconnect and I can't connect it anymore at all. I click disable, then enable again, hit connect, but it only refreshes the gump, still gives the connect button, not cancel attempt.

I have a fix in place for the auto reconnect, but the other problem does pop up from time to time. I think it happens when the IRC server isn't responding, or when it's response isn'r recognized . Either case, I'll look into it.

Rocko Wang

Wanderer
Avelyn said:
This is because in the newest SVN patch in the core they changed the gumps from List<> to IEnumerable<>. Kmwill can you advise?? The file changes was NetState.cs in the core.

Change the ClearGump function in general.cs to this

Code:
        public static void ClearGump(Mobile m, Type type)
        {
            if (m.NetState == null)
                return;

m.CloseGump(type);

foreach (Gump g in m.NetState.Gumps)
                if (g.GetType() == type)
                {
                    m.NetState.RemoveGump(g);
                    return;
                }
        }
:)

kmwill23

Sorceror
While this is bumped back up, I might as well chime in with news =)

I am coming close to a new menu layout and a few engine changes that will hopefully satisfy every problem ever reported! That's a mighty claim though, so I'll just say it's different.

I am also looking to create skins for 2.0 and 1.0 styles, but to do this I need someone who can send me my old Chat 1.0.

I also did something silly, and added a short history viewer. It allows you to view the last 50 chats per channel. I originally added this to allow porting chat text to my shard website, then figured it'd me a good idea.

On the topic of inter-connecting web and chat, how do you feel about adding methods to allow receiving web forum Pms in-game? I won't do the web server code for this, but I can make the server-side capable.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
that would be interesting with the PM's....as for the chat, i allready did that sorta.

the easiest thing for that to work would be to set up the IRC portion of the chat system...then you have chat within IRC and In-game....then get a java IRC client to take care of the website portion of it...then you have chat between your website, game, and IRC client!

as i said, you can check it out on my site if your interested...i think i used pjirc....it was the easiest to get working and to work with so...

but that's the easiest way since it is all set up to run with IRC already, then all you need is a webhost that will run java...and your good to go

kmwill23

Sorceror
Okay everyone! I made a sneak Beta-Update-Attack today. I found myself at a point in development where I could use your inputs again. I am already hard at work on a few other features, including the 2.0 and 1.0 skins.

If you want a sneak peak at the todo list, I left it in /Channels/Channel.cs .

So.... Beta 7! This version, as I mentioned in the description post, works with both RunUO 2.0 RC1 and RunUO 1.0 Final. You have to make one minor mod to adapt it to 1.0, so read the directions!!!

WOw... I just realized this update, with Utilities integrated, is much smaller than Beta 6. Efficiency!

And a quick thanks for everyone's continued support. Friendly Pms are always welcome, and do help motovate me =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
After update my own server, I found out adding filters is broken! Likewise, changing channel names is broken. Small patch going up!

Addition: Actually, I will hold on that just to bew sure no larger bugs come in. Why patch twice!

Avelyn

Sorceror
kmwill23 said:
After update my own server, I found out adding filters is broken! Likewise, changing channel names is broken. Small patch going up!

Addition: Actually, I will hold on that just to bew sure no larger bugs come in. Why patch twice!

KmWill, you need to comment out the using Knives.Utils statements for your Utils since you no longer require them.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Avelyn said:
KmWill, you need to comment out the using Knives.Utils statements for your Utils since you no longer require them.

Drat! Guess I missed a few of them =) Thanks!

Addition:

Instead of patching this, I just reuploaded a corrected version. So the 6 of you who downloaded, the Filter, Channel, and Utils bugs are fixed int he new package =)

Avelyn

Sorceror
One other comment, I cant seem to add the staff member to the list. He's always invised. Also even when he's invised it still counts him on the # Online in the main gump. :) I like the new look though! Much more streamlined!

Edit Ya, I can see my gm on his menu and when I select invis he goes away but he never shows on players menus. And he always counts on the Online Counter.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Avelyn said:
One other comment, I cant seem to add the staff member to the list. He's always invised. Also even when he's invised it still counts him on the # Online in the main gump. :) I like the new look though! Much more streamlined!

Edit Ya, I can see my gm on his menu and when I select invis he goes away but he never shows on players menus. And he always counts on the Online Counter.

By default, ShowStaff is turned off in channels. Players will never see staff, but staffers who have higher accesslevel will. Try turning on Show Staff for public, I'll do the same =)