RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Knives' Chat 3.0

godsend? then prolly this debug crash report is gold worth to you. Create an alliance, have a guildmember leave the alliance and try with someone else from it to use allience chat:
Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei Knives.Chat3.Alliance.Broadcast(Mobile m, String msg) in ***\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 7\Channels\Alliance.cs:Zeile 37.
   bei Knives.Chat3.Channel.OnChat(Mobile m, String msg, Boolean spam) in ***\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 7\Channels\Channel.cs:Zeile 327.
   bei Knives.Chat3.Channel.OnChat(Mobile m, String msg) in ***\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 7\Channels\Channel.cs:Zeile 281.
   bei Knives.Chat3.Channel.ChannelCommand(CommandInfo e) in ***\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 7\Channels\Channel.cs:Zeile 79.
   bei Knives.Chat3.RUOVersion.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) in ***\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 7\RUOVersion.cs:Zeile 53.
   bei Server.Commands.CommandSystem.Handle(Mobile from, String text, MessageType type)
   bei Server.Mobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
   bei Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue) in ***\Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs:Zeile 2507.
   bei Server.Engines.PartySystem.Chat3Guild.UnicodeSpeechChat3(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in ***\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 7\General\Chat3Guild.cs:Zeile 122.
   bei Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   bei Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   bei Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
Ive disabled alliance chat for now:
Code:
        public override bool CanChat(Mobile m, bool say)
        {
return false;

kmwill23

Sorceror
So I am staring at line 37 in Alliance and can see no way for an null ref to trip. Have you made any modifications at all, before that crash report?

Any other details on the situation? Guildmembers resigning really doesn't affect anything here.

whoops sorry, imagine the extra line...
I had a
//return false;
added there already :p
37 is this one:
else if (Mobiles.Contains(data.Mobile) && !data.Ignores.Contains(m) && (data.Mobile.Guild == m.Guild || ((Server.Guilds.Guild)data.Mobile.Guild).Allies.Contains((Server.Guilds.Guild)m.Guild)))

kmwill23

Sorceror
Kamuflaro said:
whoops sorry, imagine the extra line...
I had a
//return false;
added there already :p
37 is this one:
else if (Mobiles.Contains(data.Mobile) && !data.Ignores.Contains(m) && (data.Mobile.Guild == m.Guild || ((Server.Guilds.Guild)data.Mobile.Guild).Allies.Contains((Server.Guilds.Guild)m.Guild)))

Then here is a very possible fix =) I never checked to be sure the receiver of the message was even in a guild. There will be a patch available once I get RL buisness done for the day =P

Attachments

• Alliance.cs
    2.1 KB · Views: 59

Avelyn

Sorceror
Is it just me or does the [mail/[ma command do nothing? Isn't it supposed to bring up your mailbox or am I doing somethign wrong :confused:

Thanks Knives! :D

XeRion2

Wanderer
when a user logs on it doesnt crash (have patch 1) but it shows up double for me im not sure if its just because im admin and get a public/private view of the player but I kind of want to know if its supposed to be double

XeRion2 said:
when a user logs on it doesnt crash (have patch 1) but it shows up double for me im not sure if its just because im admin and get a public/private view of the player but I kind of want to know if its supposed to be double

I have the same problem with my players too and the name doubling is weird. Maybe not weird but I didn't found the reason why it's happens.

kmwill23

Sorceror
XeRion2 said:

This has been mentioned before, just a minor bug. The player is in fact in the channel twice! This happens when you select a Auto Join new players. I have a fix in place for Beta 8. All you or the player has to do to correct it is leave the channel until your name only shows up once.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Avelyn said:
Is it just me or does the [mail/[ma command do nothing? Isn't it supposed to bring up your mailbox or am I doing somethign wrong :confused:

Thanks Knives! :D

Nice find!!! It is a case-sensitivity issue with the new commands. FIxed for Beta 8 =)

Crowley62

Sorceror
OMG are people that dumb they can't figure out to put c and not [c. Please get rid of the mailbox and make pm like you old version for runuo1. A good percentage of my players do not like the mailbox. It gets full all the time. I see in chat 20 times a day blank empty your mailbox so i can pm you. THX great script otherwise

Gembone

Wanderer
I also prefer the old PM system instead of the mailbox. I would like to maybe see it as an option and not nessesarily replacing the mail but possible adding to it. also I looking for a way to store chat logs like command logs are stored for each character and all staff. is this something you ever have planed for the chat system. I understand that the logs could get large so coulf put then in personal folders for each player and create new new file every 24 hours. this way pruning could be done to older files without loseing the newer. was just curious if you had ever though of this as a feature.

Avelyn

Sorceror
Crowley62 said:
OMG are people that dumb they can't figure out to put c and not [c. Please get rid of the mailbox and make pm like you old version for runuo1. A good percentage of my players do not like the mailbox. It gets full all the time. I see in chat 20 times a day blank empty your mailbox so i can pm you. THX great script otherwise

Hmm Most of mine like it. Maybe he can make it so that the messages go into a Queue instead and if you hit the limit they will automatically delete starting with the oldest?

What do you think KMWill?

smokified

Wanderer
What did I do?

Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2463.38140
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.42
Time: 10/1/2006 10:52:24 AM
Mobiles: 35018
Items: 172432
Exception:
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'Server.Mobile'.
at Knives.Chat3.Channel.BuildList(Mobile m)
at Knives.Chat3.ListGump.GetList()
at Knives.Chat3.ListGump.BuildGump()
at Knives.Chat3.GumpPlus.NewGump(Boolean clear)
at Knives.Chat3.ListGump..ctor(Mobile m, Int32 page)
at Knives.Chat3.Channel.OnChat(Mobile m, String msg, Boolean spam)
at Knives.Chat3.Channel.OnChat(Mobile m, String msg)
at Knives.Chat3.Channel.ChannelCommand(CommandInfo e)
at Knives.Chat3.RUOVersion.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
at Server.Commands.CommandSystem.Handle(Mobile from, String text, MessageType type)
at Server.Mobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
at Server.Engines.PartySystem.Chat3Guild.UnicodeSpeechChat3(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

I don't even know where to begin to fix this. All i did was type [c as a player character

Crowley62

Sorceror
I have the new version and i think its a little better now but on world saves i get this error
Code:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Scripts.CS
   at Knives.Chat3.Data.Save()
   at Knives.Chat3.General.OnSave(WorldSaveEventArgs args)
done in 3.69 seconds.
Hope it helps you thx

kmwill23

Sorceror
I am back from my little birthday vacation! Nice to see some action while I was away =)

Crowley62 said:

I can't ignore a request made by so any people =)

This feature will actually be coming back in something I mentioned briefly about a "conversation" style Pm. It's essentially the same thing as 2.0 Pms, except that you can have more than 2 people involved. I will make it so the conversation can be "saved" just like in 2.0, which will move it to your mailbox.

Or maybe I'll just create a "Pm Style" option to swap between the two. I dunno, what do you all think?

Addition: I am also a fan of the option to auto delete the oldest message if the box is full.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Gembone said:
I also prefer the old PM system instead of the mailbox. I would like to maybe see it as an option and not nessesarily replacing the mail but possible adding to it. also I looking for a way to store chat logs like command logs are stored for each character and all staff. is this something you ever have planed for the chat system. I understand that the logs could get large so coulf put then in personal folders for each player and create new new file every 24 hours. this way pruning could be done to older files without loseing the newer. was just curious if you had ever though of this as a feature.

Look above for my comments on Pms =)

Extended logging options I am planning for Beta 8, with everything you described and more =) Thanks!