RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Knives' Chat 3.0

kmwill23

Sorceror
Crowley62 said:
I have the new version and i think its a little better now but on world saves i get this error
Code:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Scripts.CS
   at Knives.Chat3.Data.Save()
   at Knives.Chat3.General.OnSave(WorldSaveEventArgs args)
done in 3.69 seconds.
Hope it helps you thx

Thanks for this report, seems I didn't smash all the save issues =) I am changing the saving methods even more in Beta 8, to save Pms, options, global options all seperately.

In this case, if you run your server in debug it would give me even more info =)

Gembone

Wanderer
well as far as the pm and multi-pm sessions would be nice to have each and to have the option to disable each one seperately. this way RP servers can turn off the multi-pm session to stop meta-gamming. The same way we can disable Global chat for the same reasons.

Crowley62

Sorceror
the error is now gone but my options in chat reset like color and global. Now everyone sees 2 of each players name on the chat list lol cant wait for beta 8 Thx

smokified

Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokified
I don't even know where to begin to fix this. All i did was type [c as a player character

As the others mentioned, apply the patches!

Patches were applied prior to me even attempting to post an error report.

kmwill23

Sorceror
smokified said:
Patches were applied prior to me even attempting to post an error report.

Smokified, please stop being defensive as though I am attacking you. Everything I have stated both here and in the TownHouses threads are fact, and not meant as a personal attack on you.

The error you posted occurred when a new player is created and a channel has New Player Join activated, which is many channels by default. Before Patch 1, it added them to that channel as a "string" instead of a "Mobile", hence the error in your crash report. Patch 1 corrected this.

One thing that could remotely be causing this error if you have both patches installed is a problem in your chat save. To be safe, try deleting the Chat folder in /Saves/. This, however, I would consider not possible, since string data would not be saved when saving the list of Mobiles in the channel.

But try it anyway, and let me know if the problem continues.

IRC still is a troublemaker... I just had a netsplit and now the button says Connect, but whatever I try to connect to, clicking the button doesn't show any result.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Kamuflaro said:
IRC still is a troublemaker... I just had a netsplit and now the button says Connect, but whatever I try to connect to, clicking the button doesn't show any result.

What's a netsplit? =P

KiltronCa1

Wanderer
Error i keep getting

Hey i keep getting this error i have the most recent one but i keep getting this and i have tried 4 times to reinstall it but can't figure it ou

Code:
World: Loading...Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
mscorlib
   at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
   at Server.BinaryFileReader.ReadInt()
   at Knives.Chat3.Channel.Load()
   at Knives.Chat3.General.OnLoad()
done (99955 items, 2419 mobiles) (5.01 seconds)
Reports: Stats: Loading...done

if anyone knows how to fix this that would be awsome thanx

kmwill23

Sorceror
KiltronCa1 said:
Hey i keep getting this error i have the most recent one but i keep getting this and i have tried 4 times to reinstall it but can't figure it ou

Code:
World: Loading...Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
mscorlib
   at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)
   at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadInt32()
   at Server.BinaryFileReader.ReadInt()
   at Knives.Chat3.Channel.Load()
   at Knives.Chat3.General.OnLoad()
done (99955 items, 2419 mobiles) (5.01 seconds)
Reports: Stats: Loading...done

if anyone knows how to fix this that would be awsome thanx

Sounds like there may have been a problem saving the channel information. Try saving and shutting down your server. Once it is down, go into your /RunUO/Saves/Chat folder and remove the Channels.bin file. Then restart your server.

Thistle

Wanderer
When using this chat system to send a message to another player the gump background is white and the text message is a brighter white. I can't seem to find anywhere in chat options to change that text message to another colour.

Am I missing something in the options? Or is this something that would need to be changed in the scripts themselves?

kmwill23

Sorceror
Thistle said:
When using this chat system to send a message to another player the gump background is white and the text message is a brighter white. I can't seem to find anywhere in chat options to change that text message to another colour.

Am I missing something in the options? Or is this something that would need to be changed in the scripts themselves?

There is no option to change that color, and the only reason is that no one's mentioned it before! I can add it as simply as all the other colors =)

Thanks!!!

~

As a general update, I am finishing up Beta 8. I am in the process of skinning 2.0 for 3.0. After that I am going to add the .txt files for filters and other things.

narcof

Wanderer
Excellent changes, we upgraded this week from Beta 6 to Beta 7 and results are very favourable so far, however I do notice that in 7 some (not all) players appear more than once in the same channel (our shard is using the IRC channel as the main public chat channel, with 'Public' switched off using the admin menu. I haven't been able to trace why yet, just wondering if this was a known bug or something we did wrong!

Cheers!

kmwill23

Sorceror
narcof said:
Excellent changes, we upgraded this week from Beta 6 to Beta 7 and results are very favourable so far, however I do notice that in 7 some (not all) players appear more than once in the same channel (our shard is using the IRC channel as the main public chat channel, with 'Public' switched off using the admin menu. I haven't been able to trace why yet, just wondering if this was a known bug or something we did wrong!

Cheers!

Fixed in one of the patches, yeah =)

To fix it in-game, have anyone who is doubled-up leave the channel and rejoin. Having their name twice really only means they are in the channel twice! As odd as that is...

kmwill23 said:
Fixed in one of the patches, yeah =)

To fix it in-game, have anyone who is doubled-up leave the channel and rejoin. Having their name twice really only means they are in the channel twice! As odd as that is...
That's where the "Become USer" function comes in handy... just use that and leave the channel for the lazy or confused players.

narcof

Wanderer
Kamuflaro said:
That's where the "Become USer" function comes in handy... just use that and leave the channel for the lazy or confused players.

It was exactly those type of players (new/non-english speakers) that I was worried about talking through it, and I didn't fully understood that option to start with! Everything is now 100%, thanks very much both of you for the amazingly rapid solution to my 'problem'.

Jarrod

Sorceror
Is there any way to not force colors into the IRC channel? I ask due to the fact that some IRC channels that have the +c mode set will not allow colors.

You can still see the players in IRC from in game, but not the other way around. (You cannot send to the channel)

An option for "No color" to just have it pass text and let the IRC Server type whatever its default is would be very helpful.

Other than that, great work.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Jarrod said:
Is there any way to not force colors into the IRC channel? I ask due to the fact that some IRC channels that have the +c mode set will not allow colors.

You can still see the players in IRC from in game, but not the other way around. (You cannot send to the channel)

An option for "No color" to just have it pass text and let the IRC Server type whatever its default is would be very helpful.

Other than that, great work.

So when the IRC channel has the +c enables, it actually prevents messages from in game appearing in the channel? Is this because the IRC channel sees the color tag and stops?