RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Knives' Chat 3.0

Avelyn

Sorceror
kmwill23 said:
By default, ShowStaff is turned off in channels. Players will never see staff, but staffers who have higher accesslevel will. Try turning on Show Staff for public, I'll do the same =)

Oops sorry didnt see that extra options menu :) Any way we can not have staff count in the main gump? I guess its nitpicky but if its just me and 2 others on they will know Im lurking! :-P

What an awesome and well thought out system!

//Edit OMG Thank you so much for the default subject thing.. my players are going to love you!!

kmwill23

Sorceror
Avelyn said:
Oops sorry didnt see that extra options menu :) Any way we can not have staff count in the main gump? I guess its nitpicky but if its just me and 2 others on they will know Im lurking! :-P

What an awesome and well thought out system!

Thanks, and I will include that count mod for Beta 8 =) Beta 8 won't take 3 months either =P Maybe two weeks. Or, if a patch comes up I might throw it in =)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Kamuflaro said:
Fix one bug and get another. :D
I thought I'd throw you up a screeny of the cliloc errors and all the gumps for possible end users. :p

Looks like you have an old copy of ChatLocal.txt in your /RunUO/Data folder =) If you don't want to modify any of the local strings, just delete it. Then press that Reload local button.

Addition: I like the idea of posting a pic with all the menus! I think I'll do that in the main post. Thanks!!!

Strange error:

Code:
Server Prevented Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2457.34614
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.42
Time: 26.09.2006 21:59:59
Mobiles: 92416
Items: 567473
Clients:
- Count: 26

Exception:
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'Server.Mobile'.
   at Knives.Chat3.Channel.BuildList(Mobile m) in d:\uo\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 7\Channels\Channel.cs:line 355
   at Knives.Chat3.ListGump.GetList() in d:\uo\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 7\Gumps\ListGump.cs:line 370
   at Knives.Chat3.ListGump.BuildGump() in d:\uo\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 7\Gumps\ListGump.cs:line 89
   at Knives.Chat3.GumpPlus.NewGump(Boolean clear) in d:\uo\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 7\Gumps\Gumps Plus\GumpPlus.cs:line 47
   at Knives.Chat3.GumpPlus.NewGump() in d:\uo\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 7\Gumps\Gumps Plus\GumpPlus.cs:line 39
   at Knives.Chat3.ListGump..ctor(Mobile m, Int32 page) in d:\uo\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 7\Gumps\ListGump.cs:line 36
   at Knives.Chat3.Channel.OnChat(Mobile m, String msg, Boolean spam) in d:\uo\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 7\Channels\Channel.cs:line 297
   at Knives.Chat3.Channel.OnChat(Mobile m, String msg) in d:\uo\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 7\Channels\Channel.cs:line 281
   at Knives.Chat3.Channel.ChannelCommand(CommandInfo e) in d:\uo\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 7\Channels\Channel.cs:line 79
   at Knives.Chat3.RUOVersion.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) in d:\uo\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 7\RUOVersion.cs:line 53
   at Server.Commands.CommandSystem.Handle(Mobile from, String text, MessageType type)
   at Server.Mobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
   at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue) in d:\uo\Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs:line 2167
   at Server.Engines.PartySystem.Chat3Guild.UnicodeSpeechChat3(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc) in d:\uo\Scripts\Custom\Engines\Knives Chat 3.0 Beta 7\General\Chat3Guild.cs:line 122
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

I think the problem is that you use ArrayList instead of List<Mobile>.

ye odd you seem to have another Channel.cs than I do. :confused:
Anyways you were right knives... (Sometimes Im too dumb to follow installation instructions lol)

kmwill23

Sorceror
Nice find Prohor! I have posted a patch for this bug!

VERY IMPORTANT

Everyone should be sure to download and install Beta 7 Patch 1. This crash bug will occur every time a new player is created, given there is any channel that auto joins new players.

Mexifoo

Wanderer
Server Crash

Win i went to test this chat system wiht my test player i hit [c and the server crashes and i havet done any in game seting up or any thing or messed wiht files

Code:
Exception:
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'Server.Mobile'.
   at Knives.Chat3.Channel.BuildList(Mobile m)
   at Knives.Chat3.ListGump.GetList()
   at Knives.Chat3.ListGump.BuildGump()
   at Knives.Chat3.GumpPlus.NewGump(Boolean clear)
   at Knives.Chat3.ListGump..ctor(Mobile m, Int32 page)
   at Knives.Chat3.Channel.OnChat(Mobile m, String msg, Boolean spam)
   at Knives.Chat3.Channel.OnChat(Mobile m, String msg)
   at Knives.Chat3.Channel.ChannelCommand(CommandInfo e)
   at Knives.Chat3.RUOVersion.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
   at Server.Commands.CommandSystem.Handle(Mobile from, String text, MessageType type)
   at Server.Mobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
   at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
   at Server.Engines.PartySystem.Chat3Guild.UnicodeSpeechChat3(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)

Thats the message thanks hope its fixable :}

kmwill23

Sorceror
Mexifoo said:
Win i went to test this chat system wiht my test player i hit [c and the server crashes and i havet done any in game seting up or any thing or messed wiht files

Code:
Exception:
   at Knives.Chat3.Channel.BuildList(Mobile m)
   at Knives.Chat3.ListGump.GetList()
   at Knives.Chat3.ListGump..ctor(Mobile m, Int32 page)
   at Knives.Chat3.Channel.OnChat(Mobile m, String msg, Boolean spam)
   at Knives.Chat3.Channel.OnChat(Mobile m, String msg)
   at Knives.Chat3.Channel.ChannelCommand(CommandInfo e)
   at Knives.Chat3.RUOVersion.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
   at Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
   at Server.Engines.PartySystem.Chat3Guild.UnicodeSpeechChat3(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)

Thats the message thanks hope its fixable :}

Download Patch 1, I posted it while you were typing I am guessing =) Thanks for the report!

Rosey1

Wanderer
did you patch the files? Looks like knives posted just before you did. Overwrite the files you have with what's in the patch zip

edit: he beat me to it!

Mexifoo

Wanderer
kmwill23 said:
Download Patch 1, I posted it while you were typing I am guessing =) Thanks for the report!

cool but theres a probablum win you look to see whos on you see your name 2 tims but its only wiht players not admins

kmwill23

Sorceror
Mexifoo said:
cool but theres a probablum win you look to see whos on you see your name 2 tims but its only wiht players not admins

I had seen this in internal testing as well, and corrected a couple ways this could happen.

And I think I just thought of another way it can happen! If the players want to fix it themselves, have them leave the channel they are in twice or more depending on how many times they see their name.

Addition: Yeap, I found it =) If you go into channel options and select Auto Join New Chars, it will add everyone to the channel even if they are already in it =P Again, the fix for now is just to have them leave the channel a bunch of times.

Avelyn

Sorceror
kmwill23 said:
I had seen this in internal testing as well, and corrected a couple ways this could happen.

And I think I just thought of another way it can happen! If the players want to fix it themselves, have them leave the channel they are in twice or more depending on how many times they see their name.

Addition: Yeap, I found it =) If you go into channel options and select Auto Join New Chars, it will add everyone to the channel even if they are already in it =P Again, the fix for now is just to have them leave the channel a bunch of times.

I found another wierd problem. When Pming, about half the time I get 1 of 2 errors. If I start the pm, it works fine but when they click the notification button, it dissapears and I get an error that says
GumpPlus-> OnResponse-> |Their name|->Knives.Chat3.PmNotifyGump->Message

If they try and pm sometimes I get:
all the same as above but Knives.Chat3.ListGump->Page

Also if I click the mail button to see my mailbox in the main menu (after hitting the M button) I get the same error as above.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Avelyn said:
I found another wierd problem. When Pming, about half the time I get 1 of 2 errors. If I start the pm, it works fine but when they click the notification button, it dissapears and I get an error that says
GumpPlus-> OnResponse-> |Their name|->Knives.Chat3.PmNotifyGump->Message

If they try and pm sometimes I get:
all the same as above but Knives.Chat3.ListGump->Page

Also if I click the mail button to see my mailbox in the main menu (after hitting the M button) I get the same error as above.

Interestingly, these are all related to the same thing, displaying that Mail page. When this happens and you press the Mail button to view your mail list, what does it show on the main list?

Ye I have the same errors with 1 player... I can set -1 as soundid hehe

But more importantly, where is the button with your email aka credits?

EDIT: Ok I used the feature to become them and whenever I click to get the mailbox it gives me an error for listgump onresponse > Page... Too bad I cant mess with it atm, otherwise I'd let it crash and get a debug report hehe.

kmwill23

Sorceror
Kamuflaro said:
Ye I have the same errors with 1 player... I can set -1 as soundid hehe

But more importantly, where is the button with your email aka credits?

EDIT: Ok I used the feature to become them and whenever I click to get the mailbox it gives me an error for listgump onresponse > Page... Too bad I cant mess with it atm, otherwise I'd let it crash and get a debug report hehe.

I haven't plugged in the credits and help features yet =)

Instead of crashing yoru shard, try using this updated script. I may leave the debug code in for the future.

Attachments

• GumpPlus.cs
    8.2 KB · Views: 57

Avelyn

Sorceror
kmwill23 said:
Interestingly, these are all related to the same thing, displaying that Mail page. When this happens and you press the Mail button to view your mail list, what does it show on the main list?

Nothing, all gumps close and it sends the error to my Admin.

I only have ftp access and can't get the saves atm, thats what I meant, but I'll see if I can send the someone look at the console. :p
Anyways, I was wondering, if you plan to load chatfilter from a text file? It's a bit of a hassle I admit, just suggesting, as I want to add a lot of cz badwords to the filter. :(

Jay got the error log for me :)

IComparer (or the IComparable methods it relies upon) did not return zero when A
rray.Sort called x. CompareTo(x). x: 'Knives.Chat3.Message' x's type: 'Message'
The IComparer: 'Knives.Chat3.ListGump+InternalSort'.
mscorlib
at System.Array.SorterObjectArray.QuickSort(Int32 left, Int32 right)
at System.Array.Sort(Array keys, Array items, Int32 index, Int32 length, ICom
parer comparer)
at System.Collections.ArrayList.Sort(Int32 index, Int32 count, IComparer comp
arer)
at System.Collections.ArrayList.Sort(IComparer comparer)
at Knives.Chat3.ListGump.Page(Object o)
at Knives.Chat3.ButtonPlus.Invoke()
at Knives.Chat3.GumpPlus.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)

This is cryptic to me hehe

kmwill23

Sorceror
Kamuflaro said:
Jay got the error log for me :)

IComparer (or the IComparable methods it relies upon) did not return zero when A
rray.Sort called x. CompareTo(x). x: 'Knives.Chat3.Message' x's type: 'Message'
The IComparer: 'Knives.Chat3.ListGump+InternalSort'.
mscorlib
at System.Array.Sort(Array keys, Array items, Int32 index, Int32 length, ICom
parer comparer)
at System.Collections.ArrayList.Sort(Int32 index, Int32 count, IComparer comp
arer)
at System.Collections.ArrayList.Sort(IComparer comparer)
at Knives.Chat3.ListGump.Page(Object o)
at Knives.Chat3.ButtonPlus.Invoke()
at Knives.Chat3.GumpPlus.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)

This is cryptic to me hehe

Is a godsend to me =P It could have been really generic, like those null variables. This points me directly to the sorting method =) Thanks tons!!!!

And yes, I am planning to add Filters, Backgrounds, and text colors to text files so admins can add their own such things! Any one else have some ideas for texting out features like these?

Addition: Problem solved! I will post the file update here and add it to a patch in 24 hours if no more problems arise.

Attachments

• ListGump.cs
    38 KB · Views: 53