RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Nerun's Distro

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Erm...I've used this perfectly fine for pretty much every server I've ever used. The current setup I'm running is the latest SA svn, which has Nerun's distro installed. And I'm using clien 7.0.2.2 for the server, have yet to have any issues having to deal with the client...

Alcsaar

Sorceror
Well I had to DL the latest RUO in order to even get it to work with 7.0.10. I was freezing 3 seconds after logging in with the old run uo i had. Now Neruns doesnt support the new run uo I have.

nerun

Sorceror
Well I had to DL the latest RUO in order to even get it to work with 7.0.10. I was freezing 3 seconds after logging in with the old run uo i had. Now Neruns doesnt support the new run uo I have.
I am working on it right now. I am close to finish. I used Distro 5.2.1 for SVN 538 as base. I will revise Premium Spawer engine now, so i will test it. After testing fase i will release it. Will be Distro 5.2.2 for RunUO 2.1. No more support for RunUO 2.0 after that.

Zycron

Squire
Very cool can't wait. I been gone a long time updated my svn today need spawns! :p

I'll update client to 7.0.8.2 then. Ty for you're hard work nerun

nerun

Sorceror
In test fase now:
  • PremiumSpawner.cs bugs: creatures count in sub spawners are wrong, i wrote a number and it spawn that number of creatures plus the number of the previous count of the previous sub spawner;
  • SpawnGen.cs bug: SpawnGen doesn't compile with RunUO, because of WalkingRange changes.
Appears that soon we will have a release for RunUO 2.1!

ETsCat

Sorceror
Benchmark

Machine:
- Athlon 64 x2 6000+, 2 Gb RAM

Method:
- world just with premium spawners, no decorations, doors, signs etc.
- spawn the world, save, restart, then check memory usage from [admin information panel.

Benchmark of release 5.1.9 (RunUO 2.0):
- 5,055 premium spawners (all facets, including Mondain's Legacy);
- around 91,000 items (items plus premium spawners)
- around 35,000 mobiles
- 0.4 seconds save time;
- 24.1 Mb saves folder size;
- 103.8 Mb memory usage;

Sounds like my machine, except the memory, I have 16 gig. way more then I can get Microsoft to use, and I Do use 64 bit. although it fights me all the time. I also am trying to use Linux 64, see's all the memory, but uses less for system.
Would love to have RUNUO to run on Ubuntu without runing MS in wine. Jeff says wine don't need ms, but my system says it does. I have a 1gig conection and can run 3 lines off it.
I Am working on a custome shard as well as the standard UO, the custome just crashed do to a virous, and took the ms system down with it, lost ALL my files, so I'm relaoding again, this time with your system, it seams to be the most stable of them all. thanks for all your hard work..

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
...Old people give me headaches.

If you install a 64 bit operating system, then your it WILL see all of your memory. You must make sure the version of windows you're installing is 64 bit. 32 bit will reserve so much and not let you use all of your memory if you have 4gb or more.

Any linux/windows 64 bit operating system will see and use all of your memory (yes some will still be set aside, that is normal.) Although I strongly suggest Linux, it's pretty idiot proof on messing things up. Then again, the bad thing is...is that it's also idiot proof in preventing the average joe from figuring out how to use it and do exactly what they want to do.

You can run RunUO in wine. You do NOT need windows on wine, that doesn't even make any damn sense at all. Wine you install Wine, you will also need to install the .net framework ontop of Wine. RunUO is a .net program, so it needs this in order to run on Wine, and windows. I've ran RunUO on my linux setup, still do. I know plenty of people running their server on Linux, it's very doable if you actually know what you're doing.

I would recommend Linux any day over Windows, as long as the user could actually use it without feeling super confused and fail at doing most of everything other then surfing the net (still not sure how people don't understand a simple os like Ubuntu...) I would never recommend Linux to an old guy though, unless he has had a computer since they first became mainstream and he actually knew a little about them.

And not that Nerun's Distro isn't great, I love it and use it myself. But stable of them all...what other systems are you comparing it to?

ETsCat

Sorceror
...Old people give me headaches.

If you install a 64 bit operating system, then your it WILL see all of your memory. You must make sure the version of windows you're installing is 64 bit. 32 bit will reserve so much and not let you use all of your memory if you have 4gb or more.

Any linux/windows 64 bit operating system will see and use all of your memory (yes some will still be set aside, that is normal.) Although I strongly suggest Linux, it's pretty idiot proof on messing things up. Then again, the bad thing is...is that it's also idiot proof in preventing the average joe from figuring out how to use it and do exactly what they want to do.

You can run RunUO in wine. You do NOT need windows on wine, that doesn't even make any damn sense at all. Wine you install Wine, you will also need to install the .net framework ontop of Wine. RunUO is a .net program, so it needs this in order to run on Wine, and windows. I've ran RunUO on my linux setup, still do. I know plenty of people running their server on Linux, it's very doable if you actually know what you're doing.

I would recommend Linux any day over Windows, as long as the user could actually use it without feeling super confused and fail at doing most of everything other then surfing the net (still not sure how people don't understand a simple os like Ubuntu...) I would never recommend Linux to an old guy though, unless he has had a computer since they first became mainstream and he actually knew a little about them.

And not that Nerun's Distro isn't great, I love it and use it myself. But stable of them all...what other systems are you comparing it to?

Could be something about my being old, But, I've been into computers for longer then you have been alive. And I love Ubuntu, Of Course I loved MS 1.0 as well. I have had a lot of memories arrased by the last heart Attack.
My shard was prety good running under RunUO 1.0 But It changed a lot since then. Only thing I really miss is when you asked for help . The sad part is that because of a fire, and the Following Loss of almost 3 weeks due to my being in the hospital, I found myself having to do without a computer for a year. and This Forums the fastest growing and sometimes most agravating of all the Forums I'm a member of.
I have win xp 64 loaded and I'm still working on it. Just agravates me that everything I do needs 3 permissions to get it done.

nerun

Sorceror
Could be something about my being old, But, I've been into computers for longer then you have been alive. And I love Ubuntu, Of Course I loved MS 1.0 as well. I have had a lot of memories arrased by the last heart Attack.
My shard was prety good running under RunUO 1.0 But It changed a lot since then. Only thing I really miss is when you asked for help . The sad part is that because of a fire, and the Following Loss of almost 3 weeks due to my being in the hospital, I found myself having to do without a computer for a year. and This Forums the fastest growing and sometimes most agravating of all the Forums I'm a member of.
I have win xp 64 loaded and I'm still working on it. Just agravates me that everything I do needs 3 permissions to get it done.

You're welcome ETsCat. And thanks for the compliments. Ask anything you wants.

I never tried to run RunUO on Linux, but read something about MONO. I don't really know what it means or what it is, but a lot of people here run it on Linux (without MS on Wine). Try a search and you will probably found it.

ETsCat

Sorceror
You're welcome ETsCat. And thanks for the compliments. Ask anything you wants.

I never tried to run RunUO on Linux, but read something about MONO. I don't really know what it means or what it is, but a lot of people here run it on Linux (without MS on Wine). Try a search and you will probably found it.

Found it, And trying it out.
Shard,(normal maps) is almost ready on ms. but still working on trying to setup the custom map shard, the 2.1 runuo that I dled seams not to have the data .cs, so don't know if I dled a bad one or its a change.. seams it don't even have the scripts/misc file at all.?

Like I said Nerun Distro v5.2.1a didn't work with RC-1.

Are you getting errors in 3 files? BaseCreature, BaseAI and Changeling files? If so remove the following lines in those 3 files....
Code:
using Server.Spells.Spellweaving;

What are your errors if others present? Maybe we can get you going without needing an older version.

It may be in your best interest to update to 2.1 anyway or use the SVN for even newer file set.

Soteric

Knight
Sorry, I can't provide errors. That's not actually a problem of mine but one guy who asked me to help with spawning. Anyway if we have those using directive I suppose there is some spellweaving stuff inside of BaseCreature, BaseAI and others? The old drop-n-play style of Nerun Distro was much better and allowed novices to start server and see some results very fast. Now it's packed with some BaseCreature version (is it RC-2 or Final?) and declared that this version should work with RC-1, RC-2 and Final as well like there were no changes in this class since first 2.0 release. I suggest adding old version of Nerun Distro to downloads. It will be very helpful. Thanks.