RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Spawn Editor 2

RoninGT

Sorceror
Ánheledir;750656 said:
Vista doesn't suck - it's just an excuse for people with no knowledge of the way it's working. Don't blame things you don't understand. I'm lovin' Vista... :cool:

Try the following:
  • start the command prompt with privileged administrator rights
  • running REGSVR32 UOMap.ocx (starting the batch file in the package with privileged admin-rights doesn't work!)
  • start the SpawnEditor with privileged Admin-Rights (it cannot access files in RunUO-Directory without those rights)

Just in case you don't know: You can start e.g. the command prompt as administrator when typing "cmd" in the search box of the start-menu and then hitting shift + ctrl + enter

You are good my friend. Thank you, I personally like my vista i was just gearing up for flames for using it. lol Thank you again sir

Ronin

Saumane

Wanderer
Saumane;750664 said:
I have problem, whem i try to send spawner to the game, i get an error message:
Code:
No Message Data Received from Remote Server for Server.Engines.XmlSpawner2.ErrorMessage(Server.Engines.Xml2.ErrorMessage)
I can start the TransferServer, and auth the session, but communication between Spawn Editor and the shard doesn't work.
My shard is running on remote server (on linux).
When running the shard on my own computer, the program works just fine..

Sorry for the bump but i really need to find out how to get it work :s

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Saumane;752494 said:
Sorry for the bump but i really need to find out how to get it work :s

I would go through the troubleshooting steps. Make sure that you have zlib installed in the spawneditor folder and your remote server folder and that you dont have any port conflicts.

Saumane

Wanderer
I've tryed all that, and doesn't work. But, i have problems with BoxServer too, and it whines something about zlib, too :s So the problem might be in zlib? If it doesn't work on linux or something..?

Greystar

Wanderer
ArteGordon;752509 said:
I would go through the troubleshooting steps. Make sure that you have zlib installed in the spawneditor folder and your remote server folder and that you dont have any port conflicts.

Also keep in mind he did say his server was being run on a Linux box... that could also make a difference.

ArteGordon;725435 said:
I dont have a 64 bit version unfortunately. I will be posting the source over at the xmlspawner support forum so check over there and you can do a build yourself which should work.

Awesome that you are going to post source. I have looked and cannot find it. Have you posted the source for Spawn Editor yet?

Or has anyone successfully gotten it to work with Windows XP x64 yet?

jpmythic

Sorceror
Two Problems... Not a DLL on my end :)

Using latest SVN, modified with the ML setup. Just finished fixing alot
of the basic problems with the Server, now working on Spawns. Been
away, so wanted to try this Spawn Editor:

Test Machine is XP pro (32bit *grin*) and it works, but with the following
problems:

1: Wont Recognise the Client for Tracking.
2: Mul Dll's are out of date and show Old Haven.

The client tracking issue is most likely due to the DLL's provided being out
of date, (Using Client 6.0.6.x). It still has the OLD haven Mul data in the
DLL's. I suspect this is partially why it fails to detect the 2D CLient.
It does auto detect the 3D client on startup.

Any chance of updates to the Map Dll's?

Most the rest seems to work except for SpawnPack.dat wont load.
The Transfer server works as well. It does interact with the Client,
just won't track. It tries to send me to the Spawn point, but it is
not the using the correct coordinates due to Map changes with ML.

Uomap.ocx and Probably UoMapLib.dll need to be updated. I just tried a
search on the Web for it, no go so far.

I am using the 2.0 version as well.

Cheers.

Greystar

Wanderer
jpmythic;754877 said:

problems:

Cheers.

Yeah I mentioned this on the support forums and Arte said he was going to try to get to it when he gets a chance. I have the same issue, it also has issues reading the new Regions.XML file for RunUO.

Callandor2k;753333 said:
Or has anyone successfully gotten it to work with Windows XP x64 yet?

Don't ask me how, but it now works. All but a few things as stated down below. All I did was replace the SpawnEditor2.exe (again) and re run the batch file (again) for the 5th (or so) time each. And whoo hooo! It works

jpmythic;754877 said:

problems:

Cheers.

And now I get that as well on 6.0.7.0 client.

Saumane

Wanderer
ArteGordon, would it be possible to make the Spawn Editor work when the shard is running on a linux machine, while the world spawners are on a windows machine? Because the Spawn Editor a very must-have application, when building a shard :)

SiENcE

Sorceror
@Saumane: My server is running on linux and i use xmlspawner with Spawneditor on it and it works.

You can take a look at my current setup here:
IrisServer - Iris

@ArteGordon:
But i have one big problem, i'm trying to customize the maps and i need the sourcecode from the activex Uomap.ocx . Where can i find it, any hints?
You said once uppon a time, that you will make XMLSpawner opensource. Will you doing it? :)

azrael666

Sorceror
Dont do anything

Well i follow all the steps of the instalation and run the .bat but the bat say that dont find the .oxc but all the dll's and the oxc is in the same file, runUO windows say that error on .cs scripts those that come in the zip file like a gift when i try to run the .exe file its no shown nothing no errors no windows just make the led of the HD flash:confused: if you can help me i will glad, im new in this world of runuo thanks

SiENcE

Sorceror
You have to register this activex Uomap.ocx to your Windows System. The batch script should do this (if you are admin).

azrael666

Sorceror
well if you talking about my OS yes im the admin but how i reg the file if the bat dont find it, so is supost to work when the file is reg on the sistem you know showme those interesting windows of the pic

greywolf79

Sorceror
I do not know the website (though it is probably something simple), just google Ultima Online auto map. It will show you where to download it and just install it. UOAM is a nice program (helps keep track of where you are and can be used together with other peoples UOAM so you can find each other easily).

GreyWolf.

azrael666

Sorceror
i ready have the program

i have the uomap im a old player of UO but not old in the runuo i have the program in the pc maibe the bat is bad but i dowloaded 3 times and see that other people can make the spawn editor work this is the problem:

- i do all step of installation
- run the bat -> and show me an error alert that say that the program dont find the .oxc file i click acept:mad:, the bat end the process with a finish the file is add!!! :eek: really funny an error with a nice end:D
- then i try to run the editor exe and nothing hapend:confused:

im gonna try re-installing the uomap to see if the error still but is wear cause the zip have the file that the program need for run and also the dll's but thanks for try to help me im gonna take some pics so you can see what hapend and give you more clues

Nanuit

Wanderer
Looking for ArteGordon

Has anyone any idea how i could contact arteGordon?

He doesnt react to PM in his XMLSpawner Forum an here his Inbox is full. I couldnt found any Emailadress.

He told in an Thread within the xmlspawner forum , that he will release his spawneditor sources to the public, but i couldn't find them anywere.

It would be appreciated if someone could help me

azcopper

Wanderer
Quest Question

I realize Arte has been away for a while, but I am hoping someone out there can put this issue to rest...

I did a very simple quest with XML to try it out... Love the concept and am eager to learn. I was able to get everything to work except the ending. The questbook is given with only 1 objective which is to kill an Orc. As soon as the Orc is killed, the book shows task complete (without claiming the body) and no reward is given... Code I used under Action is as follows:

GIVE/<questholder/name/Kill Larg/notestring/Larg must be removed from these lands. Find him north of here and destroy him!/objective1/KILLNAME,Larg,1/autoreward/true/ADD/gold,1000

The KILL code has been placed in BaseCreature.cs... So that isn't it... Any help would be great!