RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Spawn Editor 2

Sehlor2

Sorceror
have a problem with that, i have a custom map and making my spawns, then loading spawns with [XmlLoad Spawns.xml

it loads successfully but it is going to wrong place :( for ex i'm clicking my desert (2964, 2769) then making my spawn and go into the game then go (2964, 2769) there isn't my desert. near of it.

Bujinsho

Page
azcopper;792580 said:
I realize Arte has been away for a while, but I am hoping someone out there can put this issue to rest...

I did a very simple quest with XML to try it out... Love the concept and am eager to learn. I was able to get everything to work except the ending. The questbook is given with only 1 objective which is to kill an Orc. As soon as the Orc is killed, the book shows task complete (without claiming the body) and no reward is given... Code I used under Action is as follows:

GIVE/<questholder/name/Kill Larg/notestring/Larg must be removed from these lands. Find him north of here and destroy him!/objective1/KILLNAME,Larg,1/autoreward/true/ADD/gold,1000

The KILL code has been placed in BaseCreature.cs... So that isn't it... Any help would be great!

XMLSpawnerFan -> Reward bug.

MIKTHEBUG

Sorceror
when im trying to get this to work it works fine and the program started fine, but then i installed the transferserver scripts i got this error:

Customs/transferserver/GetSpawnerData.cs:
CS0246: Line 107: the type or namespace name "XmlSpawner" could not be found
are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
(i get this in alot of lines)
CS1502: Line 300: The best overloaded method mac for "System.Collections.arrayList.Add(object)" has some invalid arguments

Customs/TransferServer/SaveSpawnerData.cs:
CS0103: Line 78: The name "XmlSpawner" does not exist in the current context

same in unloadspawnerdata.cs

and i have no clue how to solv this.

Kons.snoK

Sorceror
i think decompiling would be a nice move, but Reflector is not so good considering this program.
I'll check when i'll have time :)

edit: before any "Blablabla" about decompiling, ArteGordon said many times he was going to release sources and had no problems in doing it.

Kons.snoK;822060 said:
i think decompiling would be a nice move, but Reflector is not so good considering this program.
I'll check when i'll have time :)

edit: before any "Blablabla" about decompiling, ArteGordon said many times he was going to release sources and had no problems in doing it.

Agreed. I even posted on his forums about when his source was gonna be released. And no answer was provided.

It's almost as if he gave up on his project or something happened to him.

Johni0574

Wanderer
Does anyone know of a similar spawn tool available like this? Several years ago i used this to tool... I can get it to load ok, but with the latest version of UO installed it doesn't want to read the map files any longer.. just a lovely black map screen.. I do have it set to my UO directory btw... I have Neruns distro running, but many of the spawns are not right (my wife being a former 9 year Tamer on uo knows all to well). Its been quite a while since ive been on the Runuo forums for anything.. years in fact.. I loved this program in the past. When it came to spawning our little world here 2 years later,this tool came to mind first... I searched and haven't seen anything in the custom scripts to rival this offline spawner tool...My biggest problem is that its been so long since ive been in the community, and so many people are now gone from it now...Any one have anything? offsite location somewhere perhaps? Arte? :confused: UO kinda sucked my wife and i back in somehow after all these years lol.. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Lichbane

Wanderer
azrael666;777729 said:
Well i follow all the steps of the instalation and run the .bat but the bat say that dont find the .oxc but all the dll's and the oxc is in the same file, runUO windows say that error on .cs scripts those that come in the zip file like a gift when i try to run the .exe file its no shown nothing no errors no windows just make the led of the HD flash:confused: if you can help me i will glad, im new in this world of runuo thanks
I'm gettingAnyone had any luck getting this to run in Win 7 the same problem. I'm running Win 7 x64. Regsvr32 refuses to recognise UOMap.ocx even while the file is sitting there in the same directory. I've tried even referencing the specific path ... nada. zip.

Anyone had any luck getting this to run in Win 7?

mucknog

Wanderer
Lichbane;824818 said:
I'm gettingAnyone had any luck getting this to run in Win 7 the same problem. I'm running Win 7 x64. Regsvr32 refuses to recognise UOMap.ocx even while the file is sitting there in the same directory. I've tried even referencing the specific path ... nada. zip.

Anyone had any luck getting this to run in Win 7?

Same problem here... I try to run it in Linux now, maybe it works with Mono.

mucknog

Wanderer
Lichbane;825269 said:
I'm going to try it on a win xp virtual box and see how that works.

Finally got it to work. Used XP Mode of Windows 7. You just need to install .net 1.1 and copy a few dlls to system32. Bingo!

There's still one small Problem. XP Mode mounts all drives as network drives, and SpawnEditor doesn't like network drives. So you need to install UO client and runuo on the virtual xp to get rid of the errors.

It's not the best solution, but it works.

Lichbane

Wanderer
mucknog;825324 said:
There's still one small Problem. XP Mode mounts all drives as network drives, and SpawnEditor doesn't like network drives. So you need to install UO client and runuo on the virtual xp to get rid of the errors.
Good to know. I personally prefer Sun's VirtualBox myself as you're not just restricted to XP. And now that it's finally all patched up (damn if it doesn't take an age to update from the old SP1), I can use that as my "scripting and test machine". :)

Now all I need to do is drag myself away from STO and get some serious work done. ;)