RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] Time System

Asmir3

Sorceror
Nice job on this new system and keep up the great updates. I just have one question? On the last version for runuo 1.0 when Installed it sometimes it would get like really dark, so dark that u can hardly see anything even with you holding a torch. Is this on this new version as well?

Morxeton

Sorceror
Asmir3;661869 said:
Nice job on this new system and keep up the great updates. I just have one question? On the last version for runuo 1.0 when Installed it sometimes it would get like really dark, so dark that u can hardly see anything even with you holding a torch. Is this on this new version as well?

Thanks.

That is the Darkest Hour. It is meant to get super dark, however it is configurable. You can change the light level of the Darkest Hour, so it does not get as dark, or you can disable it alltogether. To disable it, type [TS SET UseDarkestHour false.

However, the Darkest Hour does add a cool effect. Especially since the latest version supports overriding nightsight and allowing murderers to see better during the Darkest Hour over blues, giving them an advantage and giving the sense of danger.

The next version will have a basic spawner engine that will be used to spawn evil spirits during the Darkest Hour.

BaronVallyr

Wanderer
I might have missed it, but how does this interact with the razor light levels filter? Does it over ride it the filters forcing players to deal with low light?

XenoNeo

Sorceror
big problem

For some odd reason after putting this all together and restarting, it worked.. The issue lies with this: I then shutdown the server and restart my pc, I then load my server back up and I get an error saying Lightcycle already exists... so I look in the scripts to see why... I found a folder in RunUO/scripts/ called ~Modded ... now if I remove it I get massive errors like mad... in the modded folder was all the things you said to mod on your instructions to the distro files... it duped all the needed to be moded distros... Why is that and how do I go about fixing this?:(

ERM! Forget what I just posted here... I found out why and it is 5am no sleep yet... LOL!

Morxeton

Sorceror
Liacs;662137 said:
hmmm...
when I write [time it shows me
Code:
The time is 8.31AM on March 10th in the year 1000. The moon is $mp$. The moon is $mp$.
Can you help me here?
Thanks

Lia
You need to use $mp-#$ where # is the index number of the moon. For example, moon #0, you would do $mp-0$.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
where/how do i configure the time to take longer....i don't want to use UO time, but not real time either....

i was looking for how to set it up where i had about 2-4 hours of day/night....what variable do i need to change for the timer to be different?

EDIT: Also, what variable do i change to set how affected nightsight is during night/darkest hour?

Morxeton

Sorceror
Pyro-Tech;662181 said:
where/how do i configure the time to take longer....i don't want to use UO time, but not real time either....

i was looking for how to set it up where i had about 2-4 hours of day/night....what variable do i need to change for the timer to be different?

EDIT: Also, what variable do i change to set how affected nightsight is during night/darkest hour?
[TS SET TimerSpeed # is the variable you would want to use.

TimerSpeed (in seconds) is the speed of which the master timer performs its ticks. Increasing this number will result in time passing more slowly.

One thing that I overlooked was... Checking all the world lampposts occurs on the master timer. During the Darkest Hour, it checks lampposts on every master timer tick to determine if it should toggle it on/off or do nothing to give that evil effect. Increasing the timer speed will result in the random light outage occurring less often. I will need to have this occur on a timer of it's own so that an increased/decreased timer speed value won't affect this.

The variables for nightsight effectiveness during nighttime and darkest hour are:

[TS SETEMO # NightSightDarkestHourReduction <1-100%>
[TS SETEMO # NightSightLevelReduction <1-100%>

Be sure that the UseNightSightDarkestHourOverride and UseNightSightOverride is set to true for both the master variable (using [TS SET) and the EMO.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
did you catch my edit by chance??

and thanks for the info...

And one other suggestion i would like to make to you cause i have ran into this problem for me...and i htink it would be nice honestly.

If you look at david's sleeping NPC script...in the custom release archive (works already with 2.0) i think it would be a nice addon/plugin for Night time NPC's....but the problem with his, is that i BELIEVE, it is time based....not 100% sure, getting ready to test it some so...

but i think tieing in something like that like you are planning with a spawn system would be a great addition.

and thanks for the info...i guess you'll have a new version out here in a bit though so it doesn't really matter lol :p

EDIT: NVM...you did....i hate editing lol

EDIT 2: oh that's why i couldn't find it prolly....i haven't messed with setting EMO's yet...

what's the "range" of emo's? and is there a default that an area falls to if there is no emo set?

Liacs

Sorceror
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liacs
hmmm...
when I write [time it shows me

Code:
The time is 8.31AM on March 10th in the year 1000. The moon is $mp$. The moon is $mp$.Can you help me here?
Thanks

Lia

You need to use $mp-#$ where # is the index number of the moon. For example, moon #0, you would do $mp-0$.

So where do I set that? How in game?

Morxeton

Sorceror
Liacs;662187 said:
So where do I set that? How in game?
In my example, there would be no moon #0, since the moon indexes start at 1. Just so you know :)

[TS SET TimeFormat is the variable you need to set. For example:

[TS SET TimeFormat The time is $hr-ap$:$mn-2$ $ap$ on day $da$ of month $mo$ of year $yr$. The moon is $mp-1$.

Let's say it is 3:15 PM on 1/23/2007 and the moonphase is waxing half. The above time format would display as:

"The time is 3:15 PM on day 23 of month 1 of year 2007. The moon is waxing half."

If the string is too long to enter for [TS SET, you may use [TS APPEND to append to a string variable. For example:

[TS SET TimeFormat The time is $hr-ap$:$mn-2$ $ap$ on day $da$ of month
[TS APPEND TimeFormat $mo$ of year $yr$. The moon is $mp-1$.

The above would set the variable as = "The time is $hr-ap$:$mn-2$ $ap$ on day $da$ of month $mo$ of year $yr$. The moon is $mp-1$."

It will append to the end of the string.

Cheetah2003

Wanderer
Having a new problem with this regarding Nightsight.

When my character, wearing an item that bestows Nightsight, teleports to a place which is currently DarkestHour, the nightsight effect is removed. If I take the item off and put it back on, the effect is back again.

Would be nice if it either totally overrides Nightsight items, or leaves them alone (customizable?)

Morxeton

Sorceror
Cheetah2003;662226 said:
Having a new problem with this regarding Nightsight.

When my character, wearing an item that bestows Nightsight, teleports to a place which is currently DarkestHour, the nightsight effect is removed. If I take the item off and put it back on, the effect is back again.

Would be nice if it either totally overrides Nightsight items, or leaves them alone (customizable?)

I am having problems reproducing this.

Here is what I did (I am in EMO #2 in Trammel):

[TS SETEMO 2 UseNightSightDarkestHourOverride true
[TS SETEMO 2 NightSightDarkestHourReduction 100
[TS SETTIME 8:00 (because of where I am located and the facet adjustment, this is 12:00 AM for my timezone)

I put on a nightsight item, it had no effect. I removed it and put it back on, still no effect.

[SET MAP FELUCCA <target self>

Felucca is 720 minutes behind Trammel, thus it was 12:00 PM. I put on the nightsight item.

[SET MAP TRAMMEL <target self>

I am now teleported from an area not under darkest hour to an area under darkest hour and the effect is removed. I removed the nightsight item and put it back on, and still no effect.

Please give details on what you attempted to produce this problem and I will look into it further.:eek:

Cheetah2003

Wanderer
Well, what I was doing was adding a new item to all the banks in my world. And occasionally when I'd teleport to a bank, everything would go very dark (DarkestHour), I was wearing a body sash with nightsight on it, with my GM character. If I took it off and put it back on, nightsight would begin to work. EDIT: Oh and I don't have UseNightSightDarkestHourOverride set to true. It's false.

Another crasher bug now too, I was talking to a player, and then teleported back to my house and logged off, which promptly crashed the server (first time I've seen this)

Code:
[Mar 9 18:59:08] Character 'Srren' disconnected. [cheetah2]
[Mar 9 18:59:08] Error:
[Mar 9 18:59:09] System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.Collections.Hashtable.HashtableEnumerator.MoveNext()
   at Server.TimeSystem.Engine.OnSystemTick() in d:\source\c#\RunUO Core Scripts\RunUO Core Scripts\Customs\Engines\Time System\Engine.cs:line 132
   at Server.TimeSystem.Engine.TimeSystemTimer.OnTick() in d:\source\c#\RunUO Core Scripts\RunUO Core Scripts\Customs\Engines\Time System\Engine.cs:line 171
   at Server.Timer.Slice() in d:\source\c#\RunUO\RunUO\Timer.cs:line 507
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in d:\source\c#\RunUO\RunUO\Main.cs:line 503
[Mar 9 18:59:09] Crash: Backing up...done
[Mar 9 18:59:11] Crash: Generating report...done
[Mar 9 18:59:11] Crash: Restarting...done

Morxeton

Sorceror
Cheetah2003;662239 said:
Well, what I was doing was adding a new item to all the banks in my world. And occasionally when I'd teleport to a bank, everything would go very dark (DarkestHour), I was wearing a body sash with nightsight on it, with my GM character. If I took it off and put it back on, nightsight would begin to work.

Another crasher bug now too, I was talking to a player, and then teleported back to my house and logged off, which promptly crashed the server (first time I've seen this)

Code:
[Mar 9 18:59:08] Character 'Srren' disconnected. [cheetah2]
[Mar 9 18:59:08] Error:
[Mar 9 18:59:09] System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.Collections.Hashtable.HashtableEnumerator.MoveNext()
   at Server.TimeSystem.Engine.OnSystemTick() in d:\source\c#\RunUO Core Scripts\RunUO Core Scripts\Customs\Engines\Time System\Engine.cs:line 132
   at Server.TimeSystem.Engine.TimeSystemTimer.OnTick() in d:\source\c#\RunUO Core Scripts\RunUO Core Scripts\Customs\Engines\Time System\Engine.cs:line 171
   at Server.Timer.Slice() in d:\source\c#\RunUO\RunUO\Timer.cs:line 507
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in d:\source\c#\RunUO\RunUO\Main.cs:line 503
[Mar 9 18:59:09] Crash: Backing up...done
[Mar 9 18:59:11] Crash: Generating report...done
[Mar 9 18:59:11] Crash: Restarting...done

Very strange. I can't seem to reproduce the nightsight item bug.

As for the crash bug. I discovered that bug last night and fixed it for the next version. It's because I didn't lock the Data.MobilesTable hashtable before enumerating it. It only crashes just at the right time when someone logs off in the middle of the for loop.

Cheetah2003

Wanderer
Morxeton;662244 said:
As for the crash bug. I discovered that bug last night and fixed it for the next version. It's because I didn't lock the Data.MobilesTable hashtable before enumerating it. It only crashes just at the right time when someone logs off in the middle of the for loop.

Can you tell me what to change where? Don't like my server crashing. :)