RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] TMSS 4.0

Twisted1851

Wanderer
Ok, This system is quite confusing, all i was looking for was a simple skillgate to set all a players skills and stats to a certain amount, im sure this system does that, im just not sure how, could you maybe explain it to me please?

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Yeah, it is kinda crazy >_>...I keep meaning to make it more simple, but I'm not there yet.

ANYHOW!

TMSS 4 operates on the basis of "Profiles". There are two levels of profile:

"Super Profile" <-- this contains overall cap information & stats.
--"Skill Profile" <-- you can have several of these in a Super Profile.

Inside each Super Profile, you set up the stats and overall cap info you want that profile to have. Then, you add Skill Profiles to it. Each Skill Profile will store the information about a set of skills. You can modify what skills are in each Skill Profile.

In other words, you can create groupings of skills. Put related skills together, or put "class" skills together. It's pretty simple to create a very basic class system this way.

But you don't want to do that. You want to simply set up your players' skills. So. After installation (and the second restart), simply place a SkillGate where you want players to start.

The Default Profile allows players to choose 700 points from any skills they like. It also allows the selection of 300 stat points. You can modify this in one of two ways:

1. If you know XML (or can understand it), you can edit the Default Profile and other Profile files in the ~RunUO/TMSS/SkillProfiles/ folder.
2. If you DON'T know XML (most people), you can use the TMSS 4 Assistant (available from link on first post). It will allow you to modify the Profiles with a GUI. Note that it's still in Beta.

Oh. Right. You can turn off the gumps...with a property in the SkillProfile...I forget which >_>. "IsGumped"?

And at whoever +'d me: No, I don't have a life. Weep for me :(

Twisted1851

Wanderer
Gosh, you never make anything easy do you? :p Well, can you make a skill profile to contain say allskills 200? As in [setallskills 200

TMSTKSBK

Lord
d00d.

That's an awesome idea :confused:...

Why didn't I think of that?

You can *effectively* do that. But you can't do it like that.

Twisted1851

Wanderer
I also noticed that after installing your script, when i log in my and everyone elses characters health bars show nothing, even when double clicked, the only way to get it to show up is to change that players stats (or pick up a stat changing item and put it back on) and also, my staff chars skills are set to 250, but they only show 100.0 in ur skill menu (paperdoll button)

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Oh...right >_>...
Go into the SkillReplacement.cs, and turn the const bool to false. That script is broken. Then school happened and I haven't had time to focus on it.

Hold on, I'm making you a profile.

EDIT:

Profile attached. Change extension to .skx from .txt. Place in ~RunUO/TMSS/SkillProfiles/ folder. Has all skills in it. If you want to change what a skill gets set to, change the skv="100" part. If you don't want a skill to show up/get set, change "ske="True"" to "ske="False"" <-- note the capitals.

Finally, open [SUPER]Default Profile.spr, and paste this over everything:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<TMSuperProfile>
	<ProfileName>Default Profile</ProfileName>
	<Count>1</Count>
	<SubProfile>All</SubProfile>
</TMSuperProfile>

That should do it.

Attachments

• All.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 45

TMSTKSBK

Lord
nono -- not the Scripts folders, in the *RUNUO* directory (top level with Saves/Backups, etc.), there's a folder marked TMSS. Look in TMSS/SkillProfiles.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Fix for various bugs coming out soonish...either midweek or weekend.

New release will fix:
- Need to restart on install.
- Displaying ineligible skins on skin picker.

Dunno what else it'll do. If anyone has anything they'd like changed/fixed, now would be a good time to ask.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
If you are incapable of punctuation, and you say "codes", your opinion is worth nothing.

However, if you want help using the system, ask a polite question.

HellRazor

Knight
One minor issue is the custom skill gump - there is a very noticeable delay between clicking the button and getting the skill gump. Not a show stopper, but annoying, especially since its one of the most commonly used gumps.

Is this delay unavoidable?

TMSTKSBK

Lord
It is probably possible to speed the system up.

The main time-eater in the system is the gump instantiation. It does use reflection, which is a very slow process. Reflection is the best way to use the gumps in this system consistently. However, if you were to convert all the gumps to static objects, the system would probably speed up.

HellRazor

Knight
Thanks TMS! I've installed the system and played with it a bit - from what I've seen so far it's a great system, and so far I really like it except for that one annoyance.

The delay is significant enough to nearly be a show stopper tho. On a high end robust system the delay was around 2 seconds or so - again, annoying, but very noticeable, especially when you are used to the skill gump coming up right away.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion, I'll poke around a bit and see what I can come up with.