RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] TMSS 4.0

oiii88

Sorceror
OK I am not 100% sure if I am editing the correct place.. To raise the amount of skillpoints available at the stone... But here is what I did..

SkillProfile.cs
changed from
Code:
public int SkillPoints = 700;
To
Code:
public int SkillPoints = 1200;

Now when you log in and click the stone it still only allows 700 skill points.. Is there another location I am supposed to edit as well?

Thanks in advance for any help with this.:)

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Don't edit the .cs files :p. Go over to the ~RunUO/TMSS/Profiles/*name of profile on the stone*, and edit the information in there. Editing the .cs files only changes the default value of a profile, not the value of any actual profile applied to a stone.

oiii88

Sorceror
TMSTKSBK;729264 said:
Don't edit the .cs files :p. Go over to the ~RunUO/TMSS/Profiles/*name of profile on the stone*, and edit the information in there. Editing the .cs files only changes the default value of a profile, not the value of any actual profile applied to a stone.

Danke :D took me a minute to get it all edited but it works fine now..TYVM

oiii88

Sorceror
Very much so... Once I edited the file I was waiting on it to recomplie and when it didnt i assumed i did something wrong lol... Wish other systems was that simple to edit:|

oiii88

Sorceror
Nothing serious but noticed today I was getting warnings. Figured I would post them in case you didn't know about them.
Code:
+ Custom/TMSS v4.0.7/Control/SkillReplacement.cs:
    CS0429: Line 12: Unreachable expression code detected
    CS0162: Line 14: Unreachable code detected

Also in which file would I remove skills from being available on the gump? I dont have spellweaving and would just rather remove it than have them choosing it and complaining later on.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Yeah, those are mostly due to the fact that I was using a const bool.

The skills get removed in the various sub-profiles. If you go look at the file you edited before, you'll see a list of profiles. Go through those files (they're in the same folder) and simply delete the entries you don't want.

oiii88

Sorceror
Well I thought I had it ... I assumed I edited the wrong area. But when restarting the 2nd time it was back in the list. If you could tell me which file I have to edit to remove the spellweaving from the gump. I have tried editing both
Miscellaneous.skx and Miscellaneous.txt When editing Miscellaneous.skx it completely removed Miscelaneous from the gump in game ... Thanks in advance for the help :)

TMSTKSBK

Lord
:confused:.

Can you tell me what the console said about Micellaneous (i.e., did it load?)
The only thing you should need to edit is the Micellaneous.skx.
Here's a file I edited. It should work...

P.S. - One thing I forgot to say was that you need to edit the Cnt variable. I knocked that down one. It should be happy now. TMSS 5's system avoids this, but I wasn't sophisticated enough to figure out how to do that in this release >_>.

If you're going to be doing a lot of profile manipulation, you might want to use the TMSS 4 Assistant. There's a link for it in the top post.

Attachments

• Miscellaneous.zip
    638 bytes · Views: 26

oiii88

Sorceror
TMSTKSBK;729522 said:
:confused:.

Can you tell me what the console said about Micellaneous (i.e., did it load?)
The only thing you should need to edit is the Micellaneous.skx.
Here's a file I edited. It should work...

It showed it loading fine.. But when I would go to the gump to add the skills it would toss this
Code:
Error when acquiring stats data: System.FormatException: Input string was not in
 a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffe
r& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo in
fo)
   at Server.TMSS.TMStat.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)

The file you uploaded worked fine. I guess I did something wrong lol... Im attatching mine just so maybe you can see what I did wrong. Sorry to have been such a bother on this...

P.S You said tmss 5 didnt do this? Is it avail now or at a later date ?

Attachments

• Miscellaneous.zip
    642 bytes · Views: 18

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Yeah, you missed the count update.

This line:
<Skills Ena="True" Pts="1200" Frc="True" Key="True" CEn="False" CSm="20" WEn="True" Cnt="27" />

has to have Cnt equal to the number of skills in the profile. So change that over to 26, and it would work.

TMSS 5 is not yet released. Right now it does almost nothing. I'm doing some overhauls to the gumps and stuff. Maybe I'll update the TMSS 4 code to use the new save system...which is one of the parts that is complete...

oiii88

Sorceror
Figures it would be something that simple. ... On another note i did try to use your skilluo system and when it goes to edit a file it will open a gump asking where the file is and when you choose a folder it says skilluo couldnt open it.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Ok.

The thing SkillUO asks you for is the RunUO installation directory, not the location of the file. So, not the TMSS/SkillProfiles folder so much as the ~RunUO directory. It then processes the directory structure from there.

Does anyone know if the custom skill creation aspect of this project ever got finished, or if it works?? I have the system up and running but I so far it won't allow the custom skill gump to be opened.

If the custom skill aspect of this version doesn't work, does anyone know if it works to an acceptable level in TMSS 3?

thanks

TMSTKSBK

Lord
It works, mostly.

The custom skill gump got finished to some extent, then life happened and I had to flee. Mostly it's an issue with the hook for the normal skill gump and this one.

TMSS 3's custom skills are even less useful than 4's. By far.

I was just about to start playing with the custom skills aspect (or trying to) when my client went whacky, so once I get it re-installed, hopefully I'll be rolling again.

TMSTKSBK;774104 said:
It works, mostly.

The custom skill gump got finished to some extent, then life happened and I had to flee. Mostly it's an issue with the hook for the normal skill gump and this one.

TMSS 3's custom skills are even less useful than 4's. By far.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Actually this may cause the client to be "wonky". It's a Custom Skills issue that I never fixed >_<. If you have the custom skills gump disabled, it should revet to normal.