RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] XmlPoints - pvp dueling and challenge game system

Rasmenar

Sorceror
Dangerous01;799805 said:
I did not with oneself Open the archival by the winrar , this one occurring an error , you accomplished it can upgrade the one download about to I attain bring down or myself account for oque this one it's just that? thank you...

:(

Not quite sure what you are asking here... Use a better translator?

mortenbub

Wanderer
AWESOME SCRIPTS

can i change the commands? for example [challenge could be change in game for when i say " I Challenge Thee" and do the same thing?

Also when changing the [challenge pit locations what does the "range" mean ? how do i come up with that number?

Also how do i add a pause in [challenge before players start dueling?

Also is there anyway to add numbers to the left on the gump? so it goes 1 2 3 4 5 6..etc down the list of players?

smeghead

Wanderer
Yeah I edited my dueling places let me see......

Try removing this section from XMLPOINTS.cs
They wont get the button for 'duel here'

AddLabel( 55, y, texthue, String.Format(GetText(from, 200661)) ); // "Duel here"
AddRadio( 20, y, 9721, 9724, false, 1 );
y+= 30;

To change the command its probably this:

CommandSystem.Register( "Challenge", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( Challenge_OnCommand ) );

Change it to :

CommandSystem.Register( "I challenge your ass punk", AccessLevel.Player, new CommandEventHandler( Challenge_OnCommand ) );

mortenbub

Wanderer
any help would be greatly apperciated --

I need help with

- when players enter duel, it shrinks there mount if they have one their pack

- delay on when duel starts when entering

- remove duel here option

- and what is the "range" part of the dueling areans? how do i find that out?

smeghead

Wanderer
I dont think youve even read the instructions. If ever there was a reason to read the instructions for a script its this one
"The duel location can be selected by the challenger when a challenge is issued. Locations that are currently occupied (any player found within the DuelRange of the location) are indicated in red. Occupied locations cannot be teleported to."

Look through xmlpoints.cs all the answers are there if they havent already been given in PREVIOUS POSTS

mortenbub

Wanderer
smeghead;824135 said:
I dont think youve even read the instructions. If ever there was a reason to read the instructions for a script its this one
"The duel location can be selected by the challenger when a challenge is issued. Locations that are currently occupied (any player found within the DuelRange of the location) are indicated in red. Occupied locations cannot be teleported to."

Look through xmlpoints.cs all the answers are there if they havent already been given in PREVIOUS POSTS

Yes I have, read every page of this thread and the whole script pretty much in notepad.. i fixed the 'duel here' thank you for that, it wasnt with the rest of the locations. But still dont know how to make it so they dismount and it shrinks in their pack, or the pet goes away and comes back when they come back..

If you know how to do this tho, hats off to you...How do i make it so a moongate pops up when 2 players heading to a duel so other people can come in and watch? And I can just make that gate that pops up go to outside arena? only need it up for like 8 seconds

smeghead

Wanderer
Well you dont want players going to the same location do you?

I use Luna Bagball Arena as my only [challenge location, and players can sit in the stands and watch but cant affect the battle thanks to LOSBlockers.

mortenbub

Wanderer
no not the same location, but i custom designed pits with walls around, so the gate depending on where they chose would be outside of the wall, abc shard has this same feature and works awesome.

smeghead

Wanderer
So make a new script based on a gate, with set co ordinates set to the arena or fighting place

Then when someone accepts a duel do a 'movetoworld' of that gate or something.

mortenbub

Wanderer
smeghead;824240 said:
So make a new script based on a gate, with set co ordinates set to the arena or fighting place

Then when someone accepts a duel do a 'movetoworld' of that gate or something.

wish i knew how to :( sorry still learning stuff, just started c# a week ago :p

mortenbub

Wanderer
so you have to be in guarded towns for it to work -- above was not guarded -- hmmm -- anyway to turn that off?

also how do i remove all games except for the 1v1 challenge? thanks

targetofhate

Wanderer
mortenbub;824811 said:
so you have to be in guarded towns for it to work -- above was not guarded -- hmmm -- anyway to turn that off?

also how do i remove all games except for the 1v1 challenge? thanks

An easy way to disable the games from player use would be to edit Xmlpoints.cs I believe its called, and near the bottom there will be a bunch of CommandReg's just change them from .Player to .GameMaster

Vladamir

Sorceror
Code:
public override void AddNameProperties( ObjectPropertyList list )
			{
				base.AddNameProperties(list);

XmlPoints a = (XmlPoints)XmlAttach.FindAttachment(this, typeof(XmlPoints));

if (a != null)
				{
					list.Add(1070722, "Kills {0} / Deaths {1} : Rank={2}", a.Kills, a.Deaths, a.Rank);
				}
			}

Where should it be added specifically in the playermobile.cs?

Devinc07

Sorceror
Great script i was wondering if someone could help me. I am tyring to create a new command for players to use in order to challenge other players but i continue to get errors. I want players to be able to say "I Challenge Thee" (without the quotes) and without a bracket ( [ ) in order to start a challenge game and bring up the challenge gump just as it they used the [Challenge command. if anyone could please help me learn how to create this command through speech i would greately appreciate it. thank you

I have been tyring some OnSpeechHandler method in a different challenge game to see if i could add a I Challenge Thee command but i can't get it to work. if someone could give me a hand it would be greatly appreciated

Ok this is the file i have been looking at but i don't know how to make it work with this challenge game. can someone please give me a hand.

Attachments

• Challenge Keywords.cs
    4.2 KB · Views: 14