RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[RunUO 2.0 RC1] XmlPoints - pvp dueling and challenge game system

wildman1920

Wanderer
Code:
Description:

This system makes use of the XmlSpawner2 attachment system and the XmlSpawner2 package must be installed to support it. You dont need to use the xmlspawners themselves, and it doesnt matter whether you use the standard distribution spawners or any other spawning system but you do need the XmlSpawner2 package installed.

Because the attachment system neither requires nor makes any changes to serialization/deserializations of any item or mobile (including the playermobile), it can be safely added and removed at any time now or in the future without interfering with any other systems that you might have installed and that includes any existing points system.

willy2j

Wanderer
XmlPoints isn't working

When i've installed the system following the the step by step instructions and the events dont want to work.

Im running the correct Runuo and as far i know ive done everything is the instructions show. The server boots up properly but when i type a command, it tells me "Unable to set up a *** challenge" and if i type [challenge and click a player it tells me "No XmlPoints support"

Please help!!!:(:(:(

willy2j

Wanderer
Cant get system running.

Ive managed to get the system working but i can start any of the events off. I try the [challenge and the gumps come up but when i accept it says the other player is in combat even thought neither of us are actually in combat.

Can anybody help please? :(

Pyro Man

Sorceror
Errors:
+ Customs/XmlSpawner2_20_v324_1of3/XmlSpawner2.cs:
CS0029: Line 9785: Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.ArrayL
ist' to 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Server.Tile>'
+ Customs/XmlSpawner2_20_v324_2of3/XmlQuest/XmlQuestHolder.cs:
CS0117: Line 360: 'Server.Network.NetState' does not contain a definition fo
r 'IsPost6017'
CS0246: Line 361: The type or namespace name 'ContainerContent6017' could no
t be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS1502: Line 361: The best overloaded method match for 'Server.Mobile.Send(S
erver.Network.Packet)' has some invalid arguments
CS1503: Line 361: Argument '1': cannot convert from 'ContainerContent6017' t
o 'Server.Network.Packet'
+ Customs/XmlSpawner2_20_v324_2of3/PacketHandlerOverrides.cs:
CS0117: Line 48: 'Server.Network.PacketHandlers' does not contain a definiti
on for 'Register6017'
CS0117: Line 56: 'Server.Network.PacketHandlers' does not contain a definiti
on for 'Register6017'

:confused:

I'm dying to use the XMLPoint system but the XmlSpawners aren't working. Haven't modified ANY Files. followed instructions closely but this just isn't working. Any ideas?

Phr3d13

Sorceror
its because you are running svn and not 2.0 rc1, look at the 2.0 and svn scripts for complete customizable vendor you should get an idea of what you need to change stuff to.

edit:
Latest News:
If you get an error like this on startup
Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.ArrayList' to 'System.Collections.Generic.List<Server.Tile>'
it means that you are running RunUO 2.0 RC1 instead of RC2 or the most recent SVN and you just need to uncomment this line at the beginning of xmlspawner2.cs

//#define RUNUO2RC1

so that it looks like

#define RUNUO2RC1

You will also need to comment out this line at the beginning of XmlQuestHolder.cs and PacketHandlerOverrides.cs because RC1 doesnt support UO clients beyond 6.0.1.7

#define CLIENT6017

so that it looks like

//#define CLIENT6017
Found this on the xmlspawner thread.

Pyro Man

Sorceror
Pr3d13;866588 said:
its because you are running svn and not 2.0 rc1, look at the 2.0 and svn scripts for complete customizable vendor you should get an idea of what you need to change stuff to.

edit:
Found this on the xmlspawner thread.

Cool thanks. Ya, im running RC1. Tried RC2 and i had a bunch of problems for some reason.

codys

Traveler
hello im having some problems with this script i have everything installed and i think i may have missed something.. when a player kill another player the kills nor deaths are recorded can anyone help me?

Has anyone been able to get the points system to work with 2.1? I can get it to compile but can't get any of [challenge gumps or anything to load up...

Juzzver

Sorceror

[challenge - this command can be run by players to allow challenge duels for points. Just issue the command and target another player. The targeted player can then accept or decline the challenge. This can also be invoked through the points gump.
If the points system for the player isn't added to create duel it will be impossible.
Use:

[addallpoints - this command will add the xmlpoints attachment to all current players that dont have it yet and can only be run by an administrator.

irukandji

Squire
Have an issue where my players will duel eachother, and after one dies, the duel doesn't end. Staff has to pull them out of the duel, and then they are still flagged to eachother and can kill eachother wherever, whenever until we restart. I followed all of the instructions perfectly, and only modified logging kills and duel locations inside xmlpoints.cs. I'm using the latest SVN (runuo 2.1)

Attached is my xmlpoints.cs, playermobile.cs, and notoriety.cs [too big to put in code tags]

Any clue what's going on?

Attachments

• XmlPoints.cs
    96.1 KB · Views: 10
  • PlayerMobile.cs
    159.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Notoriety.cs
    14.9 KB · Views: 5

Phr3d13

Sorceror
Have an issue where my players will duel eachother, and after one dies, the duel doesn't end. Staff has to pull them out of the duel, and then they are still flagged to eachother and can kill eachother wherever, whenever until we restart. I followed all of the instructions perfectly, and only modified logging kills and duel locations inside xmlpoints.cs. I'm using the latest SVN (runuo 2.1)

Attached is my xmlpoints.cs, playermobile.cs, and notoriety.cs [too big to put in code tags]

Any clue what's going on?
STEP 1:
Install the latest XmlSpawner2 package. You can find it here XmlSpawner2. You must perform installation step 6 from the XmlSpawner2 thread otherwise the system wont recognize kills and nothing will seem to work. I would also recommend going through installation step 8 to enable the use of the ItemIdentification skill for checking point status on players, but this is optional.
Note, if you do not install any of the optional support files (in particular XmlSpawner2-support1of2.zip) then some of the sample attachment rewards in XmlPointsRewards will not be available. You can either install that support package or just comment out lines 54 and 55 in XmlPointsRewards.cs that refer to the XmlEnemyMastery and XmlStr attachments.
Code:
STEP 6: (recommended but not required)
--------------------------------------
To allow the XmlQuest killtask keywords KILL and KILLNAMED to be applied to players providing a contract kill system, one line must be added to ReportMurderer.cs (Scripts/Gumps/ReportMurderer.cs) as described below (note, you dont have to make this mod if you dont want to, the spawner and other items will work just fine without it, the KILL and KILLNAMED features simply wont work when specifying players as the targets).
This is also required to allow the attachment system to register kills (through the OnKill or OnKilled methods).  Some addons such as XmlPoints require this.

around line 64 of ReportMurderer.cs change

Titles.AwardKarma( g, karmaAward, true );

to

Titles.AwardKarma( g, karmaAward, true );
// modification to support XmlQuest Killtasks of players
Server.Items.XmlQuest.RegisterKill( m, g);

Pakko

Traveler
*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo**RunUo*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo**RunUo*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo**RunUo*
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Thanks alot guys this system rocks, A little briefing on my scripting history - Came to Run Uo knowing absolutely "null' being involved within this community has raised my "skills" within scrpting i still dont know alot of basic scripting and or errors that come up from time to time, but continuing my "quest" through these forums you really learn & laugh alot.
Well i just succesfully added in this sysem by myself without one support question, i feel this as a great reward to not only myself but the whole community, proving that if you just take your time and read a little longer, the answer's are right there in most cases.
I just wanted to really "express" my gratitude and apreaciation i have for this community and to take time to thank you all for continuing it so far :)

I also hope to contribute a fully working Race System with alot of feature's, soon as i get my project under way then its gloves off "boi"
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo**RunUo*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo**RunUo*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo*RunUo**RunUo*

Elvent

Page
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 3567.2838
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ XmlPoints-20-v124b-1of2/XmlAttachments/XmlPoints.cs:
    CS0246: Line 22: 'XmlAttachment' tür veya ad alanı adı bulunamadı (bir kulla
nma yönergeniz veya derleme başvurunuz mu eksik?)
    CS0246: Line 1680: 'ASerial' tür veya ad alanı adı bulunamadı (bir kullanma
yönergeniz veya derleme başvurunuz mu eksik?)
    CS0246: Line 1684: 'Attachable' tür veya ad alanı adı bulunamadı (bir kullan
ma yönergeniz veya derleme başvurunuz mu eksik?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

XmlPoint.cs <= I have this script on the server.

I took off I added the unpacked

What's the problem?