RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 SVN open to public, Update on 2.0 Release

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
RunUO 2.0 SVN open to public, Update on 2.0 Release

Ladies and gentlemen the RunUO Team is proud to announce we have opened our Subversion (SVN) Repository to the world tonight. SVN is accessible via many different windows/unix/osx based clients and via the web. Point your favorite subversion client at http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/ to retrieve the latest development copy, we recommend tortoise svn. Our SVN repository can be found here:

http://svn.runuo.com/repos/runuo/devel/

The SVN repository will provide you (the development branch of the community) the ability to run through where we are in the code and submit patches. We are NOT suggesting that you run this on a production shard. We will be releasing a build tomorrow in the format you’re used to. Basically a zip file containing a release that you can play with.

One thing we will tell you ahead of time. We do not and will not have a complete change log. The enhancements from RunUO 1.0 to RunUO 2.0 are extreme. A massive majority of them are performance based, however there is a whole slew of new features. We are putting this out there, giving you guys the chance to help us out when it comes to things that we don’t have time to complete. This is an enormous step for RunUO and it’s putting enormous faith in the RunUO Community. You’re being given the keys to the kingdom with read access to the SVN repository. You’re welcome to assist and we will eventually hand out some accounts with write access to those of you who show that you really want to contribute to RunUO.

Obviously in the event we don’t get any contributions there’s always the chance we could pull this down as its not serving any purpose. I encourage all of you to feel free to browse around and look at the code, pull it down and enjoy comparing it to the 1.0 code if you’d like. I cannot stress enough that you should NOT run this on a production shard. Please wait for a packaged release (not a release candidate).

Thank you all for your support of RunUO. We know its been a long, long time since the last release but we feel it’s been well worth it. The performance enhancements to RunUO 2.0 are astonishing. To give you an idea of what RunUO 2.0 can do I am going to give you an example from our flagship server UO Gamers: Hybrid. Hybrid has over seven million items, one hundred thousand accounts and a few hundred thousand mobiles in the world. Hybrid still manages to have save times under 15 seconds.

RunUO 2.0 is a giant leap forward for RunUO. The performance enhancements will speak volumes for the work we have done. Migrating may not be easy we are aware of that but it will be well worth it. We are also looking for a bunch of dedicated people to help us in going forward with features such as the various unfinished pieces of ML.

Thanks for your time, support and energy. We look forward to getting you RC1 tomorrow.

Regards,
Ryan McAdams

Freya

Wanderer
:D :D Thanks Ryan and Dev's!! You have done so much work, and it is very VERY appreciated... Without you the emu community would be lacking so much! I am very excited about the release, and can't wait to see whats new! You all are wonderful and deserve grats for all your hard work! :D
*Hugs to Ryan and all the Dev's* Yay!!

manofwar

Sorceror
I got to admit!

I got to admit i thought i would never see this day but am i a little kid in a candy store tonight or what? I got all my nerves on end here just looking at these new post and at the new web page and stuff you guys are doing. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Ryan, Thank you, sir, personally! This is what I have been looking forward to for quite some time now! You have really made my early AM! Tyvm for that lol.

Packer898

Knight
Wow... so many new features... core has changed alot too! New accesslevels, Hero/Evil and so so much more lol. Least we know they read all the talk and chatter we post about things we want.

Great Job dev team... you guys rock. Now the conversion looks quite torturous though lol. I will stock up on some headache medicine first thing in the morning. =)-

Windfire

Wanderer
O_O HERO EVIL SYSTEM!!!!

...I love you guys! That was like number one on my list of things to script into my server.