RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.0 SVN open to public, Update on 2.0 Release

Grom09

Sorceror
but i didn't make any dramatic changes, i can start from fresh because i have other custom files which don't interfere
so when you say "use svn folder for fresh start"
what do you mean by that
drag everything BUT data, scripts, and server?

stormwolff

Knight
Grom09;716717 said:
but i didn't make any dramatic changes, i can start from fresh because i have other custom files which don't interfere
so when you say "use svn folder for fresh start"
what do you mean by that
drag everything BUT data, scripts, and server?

If you have not made any changes to your RC1 scripts you can use your svn folder for your server.

Grom09

Sorceror
hi, hopefully this will be my last post here
Code:
 RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
 + Commands/Handlers.cs:
    CS0234: Line 20: The type or namespace name 'Diagnostics' does not exist in
the namespace 'Server' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
 + Misc/ClientVerification.cs:
    CS0246: Line 123: The type or namespace name 'ClientVersionReceivedArgs' cou
ld not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.
only 2 of the same kind of errors,
any easy fix on this? i appreciate the help

Iwerkyou

Wanderer
Im completely lost now. I ran Tortoise SVN, and got SVN 264 I think, and made an export and don't know where to go from here. Please help me

Iwerkyou

Wanderer
stormwolff;716562 said:
No, if you do this you will get errors due to some of the changes in the SVN and the new Ore/resource setup.

Your best bet is to make a new shard folder and putt he SVN scripts in there, use a merge tool to merge in any edits you have done to any rc1 distro files.
If you have not made a shard yet or any changes to distro files, just use the SVN folder for a fresh start.

Your RunUO exe is out of date for use with the SVN scripts. You will have to compile what is in the svn/server folder to make a new exe. An alternative could be just downloading it at Arte's XMLSpawnerFan.com site. There are many posts on compiling if you want to go that route.

How do you make a new shard folder? Im just starting fresh so please help me out

Hey...

Do we download all this stuff? I know someone told me to get this so I can play my server since it says encryption and won't let me sign on my server. If I download this will it let me get on my server? I know for some reason My AOL will let me go to runuo but my Internet explorer won't let me unless I have AOL on. I have cable though.

facsmth

Wanderer
I have Tortoise SVN. Took me awhile, but I figured out how to use it. I right click a folder, scroll down to "Tortoise SVN" select "CHECKOUT" (I think) then it asks me where to download from. Input the URL. It downloads all files in that location to the requested folder. :D

Hey.

facsmth;723998 said:
I have Tortoise SVN. Took me awhile, but I figured out how to use it. I right click a folder, scroll down to "Tortoise SVN" select "CHECKOUT" (I think) then it asks me where to download from. Input the URL. It downloads all files in that location to the requested folder. :D

Ummm when I click on to those 2 links there it send me to a page that has ....,scripts, and like 2 other things but when I click on them it takes me to the scripts where you click on them and you can download them but is there any way from clicking on each one of them and finding which folder to put them in. I didn't see anything that say checkout.

stormwolff

Knight
WanderingRage;724165 said:
Ummm when I click on to those 2 links there it send me to a page that has ....,scripts, and like 2 other things but when I click on them it takes me to the scripts where you click on them and you can download them but is there any way from clicking on each one of them and finding which folder to put them in. I didn't see anything that say checkout.

I told you in your other topic that you don't need to download every file, you just need to install and use Tortoise SVN. It will download all of the RunUO SVN files that you need.

neuton

Wanderer
This may be a stupid question, but is there a changelog or revision log of the svn's. I was also looking on Mal's ml files on runuo forge for one as well but there isn't one.

Setharnas

Sorceror
If you are using TortoiseSVN and have a folder linked to the SVN repository, you can rightclick that and use "Show log" in the TortoiseSVN menu.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
SVN = Subversion

It allows you to have all the code for a project in a single, remotely accessible location. So, therefore, all sorts of people can theoretically (not necessarily practically) contribute to the project.

Nar Matteru

Wanderer
TMSTKSBK;731489 said:
SVN = Subversion

It allows you to have all the code for a project in a single, remotely accessible location. So, therefore, all sorts of people can theoretically (not necessarily practically) contribute to the project.
Frequent changes to the server and scripts made between releases or release candidates can be found in the SVN repo. Therefore code in the SVN will always be more recent. Whether or not it's "better" depends on your needs and goals.

You will also need to to compile your own server .exe from the files in the /Server dir when using the SVN.

Mayla

Sorceror
Thanks! It's done and works now :D The only problem now is with the core... I've gotta ask that thread about it but any help's nice. When I log in to my shard the first time everything works GREAT. But the second and all times after my character is frozen half the map's missing from the world and is below the map level. In addition: the first time I log in to my shard if I add an item it appears below map level as well and I can not get to it. The second time I log in the items are grabable because of the missing map, but go behind my inventory gump when I drag them. They do appear in my inv however when I drop them. I know it has to do with either my map files or the core. I'm patched to 5.0.5c therefore having all of patch 5.0.5b.
Thanks in advance :D